Friday, August 31, 2007

Home Today

Hello People,
I just got home from hospital today and am exhausted already. Yesterday they started me on strong oral antibiotics while I finished the IV course and it was so strong...I had a bad day of throwing up and feeling awful...so they changed my oral again to another strong one which I think makes me feel a little lousey but not as bad.

I still have some fluid on my left lung, but the infection is clearing up. I have not had a temperature for at least 3 days. I have felt a little better and my appetite is slowly..very slowly coming back...I have been seeing the dietition and have some nutritious things that I took home to help me get back on top of things. I am on the same pain protocol that I was at hospital and we take my temperature regularly...if anything changes we have to go back in pronto...we cannot have me being sick like I was last week when I nearly died...it was serious.

Isaac is really excited to have me home. We have to remind him that I need to have rests but he is excited and fell asleep very early in his own bed for the first time in 2 weeks....knowing that mummy is safe at home and that the next week Alan will have off to take care of us. We are looking into other home help to help me recover as well.

I have to take 12 weeks off of work. I still have that surgery coming up and need to get better for that....I know it will be a long recovery. I was very upset that my counts were knocked out. I never had bad haemagobin but that was knocked out too so I am anaemic and tired. The Goji Juice I take does help though.

I wanted to thank you all for praying for me and leaving messages of support..it has been greatly needed for Alan as well as myself. Please keep praying...this journey of recovery is long and pneumonia is not good for an FA patient...please keep offering your support. I realised how many people care for our family and I am blessed.

Well I am tired and am going to rest. Thank you all....please keep checking for updates. I will be having weekly follow ups with my doctor and blood tests to check my marrow is recovering and if I need help with transfusions. Thanks ....I will fight on.
I love you all.
Charisse

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise God, my prayers are being answered. You are home and on the mend. I am continueing to pray for you to continue healing and getting well, and for you to kick FA's but! I love you dear, and will always be here for you to let you know that you are lifted daily to God. Take care, get your rest, and keep the faith.
God is Good!
Judy

Anonymous said...

I am so happy you are home. PLEASE make sure you are better before having any surgery done. Your poor body has been drained of it's strength, please give it time to recover. Even if it takes awhile. I know it will be hard for you but we all want you safe. You are always on my mind.

Hugs.

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy. I told you!
You will be better soon. And as Hugs said; make sure you are better before having any surgery done.

Take care
God bless You

Rafael J. diaz

Anonymous said...

Glad you're home! PLEASE take care of yourself!
Continuing to lift you up to the Lord in prayer!
Romans 5:1-5 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope: And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

Anonymous said...

Have to share these verses on a regular basis because they're so very comforting. Knowing that there are people out there praying is one thing, but knowing that the Holy Spirit Himself is praying...what greater comfort could there be?
Romans 8:26-27 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

Anonymous said...

Hey Charisse,

I'm so sorry I hadn't written at all this last week but I was out of town for work and had no internet access and had no idea what was going on. I feel so bad about what you've gone through but am thankful you seem to be on the mend.

Just know that you are loved by everyone who has come into contact with you and you have all our prayers and support. Continue to get better but take it easy at the same time. Don't overdo it!

Love,
John & Racquel Hanna

Anonymous said...

Charisse,

We've never met but I do check your blog, as my son has FA and your journey is one shared by many. Please remember that many people are thinking and praying for you. Get some good rest and get better.

Meg Kasting

Anonymous said...

Really had to search tonight for a verse. I hope this gives you comfort! Know that I'm praying!
Hebrews 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.