Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Update From Hospital

Hello all,

It is Charisse here again.

I have moved back from H.D.U (High-dependancy Unit) to the regular haemocology/oncology ward of which I am relieved.

I have felt very scared and traumatised by what has happened and have been crying lots. The pneumonia is heaps clearer and I am up, walking about, eating a little, and drinking more.

I have been doing physio exercises and going well. I also may be having some counselling due to trauma I've experienced while here, and other associated with my brother's death.

My feet are also quite swollen which is due to a lack of protein in my blood due to the infection and not eating as well. I have had an ultrasound on my legs to ensure there is no DVT (deep vein thrombosis). I have been visited by a dietician who is giving me special drinks and an exclusive menu to choose from for meals to help in this area.

I'm not entirely certin when I am going home, but expect sometime by the end of the week.

Thank you to all who have helped out, and those who have been praying.

Love Charisse
xx

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord, it is good to know that you are starting to feel better. I pray for you every day, every time I think of you. I will continue to ask the Lord to heal you and get you home to your family. Take care, and know you are loved by many, and lifted up in prayers too.
Judy

Siouxsie said...

I'm so sorry to hear this has been so stressful for you even though I don't know how it would be unstressful. We keep you in our prayers and hope things continue to go well and you're able to feel well & be home quickly.
Love,
Siouxsie

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that you are forced to deal with all your past feelings. Please eat well so you can go home soon. Take care of yourself.

Anonymous said...

Praying!
Matthew 11:28-29 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

Anonymous said...

Continuing to pray so very hard!
Isaiah 43:1-2 But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine. When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

Anonymous said...

Checking in to see how you're doing and to let you know that I'm praying!
1 Corinthians 2:2, 5: For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified...That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

Anonymous said...

You know we are praying! Hang in there Sweetie! Praying for healing in every possible way, emotionally as well as physically! God's still got plans for you! Hold on to your faith!
(((Bear Hugs)))

florence said...

Praise God that you're getting better!
We are going to continue to pray without ceasing until we get a breakthrough.There is nothing too hard for God,my sister,remember you're not alone.May you be infused by the blood of Jesus sothat your blood cell numbers reach their normal values.Your courage ministers to me.Take care
FLO