Sunday, August 12, 2007

Unbelievable! Prayer Please

Well on Thursday night Isaac came down sick with something...a virus and temperatures of about 38 degrees C (about 102 to 103 F) for 3 days! It is something that is going around preschool but I was not feeling impressed that Isaac was yet again sick...not that it was his fault at all...but if Isaac is sick then I usually get it. I nurse him so much while he is sick and because he had temperatures he was grizzly and upset and had no energy and just wanted cuddles...and then he would cough and I would get sprayed in the face because he is crying and everything at the same time. Something you expect as a mother, I know....but not something that we want right now. This family and my parents and sister and neice and parents-in-law and everyone has had these bugs..it has been unbelievable. My Aunty rang from Queensland tonight and she told me that everyone there (a different state) is coming down with this things too and how bad the bugs have been this winter! Well, Isaac woke up this morning quite bright and his temps have gone down...but guess who woke feeling horrible and like the life is sapped out or you? You guessed it! Me the mother! I woke up with a sore throat, coughing my head off and choking, and feeling a bit sweaty and no energy...nose completely blocked..even the medication is not helping that...and my nose just runs...and now it is so sore from blowing it! This is a real pain. However, I am glad Isaac is well and can go back to preschool tomorrow I hope this virus doesn't run rampage throughout my body for weeks...which can happen! Isaac's first full year at preschool and he is building his immunity to bugs so we were warned that he would bring many home which means I will be building my immunity also and catch them all...with a lower immunity I hold on to the virus longer and it really wacks me out. I feel a bit panicked about it all. We really need wholeness in this family. We need protection and lots of prayer. Please pray for us seriously. I have a big surgery in 6 weeks that I MUST be well for...I must be well for it and well to recover for it...this is very important and I ask that you would really seriously pray for me. Isaac has his surgery on the 24th August and he needs to be well for that as well...he needs to be well. Alan has started coughing tonight.....we rebuke it in the Name of Jesus...Alan needs to be well to look after us! And he needs to be well so he can do what he needs to do and I don't like it when he feels yucky. It is not nice for anyone.

I have been spending a lot of time with Jesus and my devotional...not has much as I should....but enough to be knowing where He is taking Isaac, Alan and I in our next step of life...and I know the Devil will want to stop the amazing things God has for us. I would love to call those who pray to pray for our protection against the things that the Devil tries to destroy. I know some people don't believe in this stuff. I know some people don't believe in the Devil and some don't believe Jesus is God.....but I believe Jesus is God and I believe that the Devil will try and oppose any miracle, anything good that Jesus is doing in our family. We have made HUGE decisions to do with our family and we are going ahead and we need protection.

I have had an extraordinary peace about these decisions.

I have some things I want to share with you that have impacted my life the last 3 months. These are some quotes from scripture.
Psalm 18: 30 " As for God, His way Is perfect"

This is an amazing verse. You know you try and do things the way doctors say or the way other human beings say but it is only until you spend time with the Almighty God do you realise that you need to do things His way and only His way and His timing is perfect, his way is perfect. I can say that this is what is happening in my life. The surgery and some other things....increased platelet count...did you know that every Thursday night my church group gets together to pray for healing and increased counts and favour on my life with what I do and success with what I can do and more....God is allowing me to reach out and grab those things that FA people don't think they can have....and giving me courage to do things that are despite transplant. God gives the people who choose transplant, courage to do that because it is His will. God gives me courage to do what is His will in my life...and he has given me extreme peace with it.

If you don't have FA and you are unhappy about your life. I want you to think about something. God's way is perfect....but you need to find His way not yours...and stop fighting to do everything your way and not His....don't be subborn with what you think....don't complain and yell at people about what you hatef doing. If God opens a door in your life for you to have a better thing then acknowledge it and thanks Him and grab it...don't let it go...and don't take it and complain bitterly about it. Families are important to us...children are important....but God is the most important and what He has for your life as an individual is important...I am not saying that doesn't include your kids....it does....one of the most wonderful ministries is being a mum and making sure your child knows you love her or him.....also that is bringing the child up right to not be selfish, to learn to do things on their own amongst the love....but never ever forget what God has for YOU as a person...never forget that you are important to Him and that He has a plan for YOU..........I needed to share this tonight and the right people read it and I hope God speaks from it.

Another verse is Psalm 18:18 " They confronted me in the day of my disaster, but the Lord was my support".
I have felt so confronted by FA, doctors, leukaemia and so on....by the box that we are put in but I will not be boxed. I will do what God wants for me and He is better than any of this....and if that includes taking risks to do what I feel is right...then so be it...but I think God has told me...."remember I am your support"....He is supporting me through what I am doing and I can feel Him lifting me up. I challenge you....do you feel Him lifting you up through your decisions and attitudes? Are you making the right decisions by God....not just convience...I am not talking to just FA families but other people too.......remember that God has a way...and his way is perfect...you cannot do it any other way and feel happy...what God tells you to do....whether you like it or not.....acknowledge it because when you do...the peace that flows!

I am happy with life right now....please pray for protection on our family as do what we believe God wants us to do.....
Love Charisse

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey sweet-heart,
Just read your blog, they are some good thoughts... be encouraged, we'll survive this winter one way or another!!

Alan (husband)

Anonymous said...

Hi Charisse,
You can be sure that we are in this spiritual warfare with you. We pray for you all every day. There's no question that God wants us to pray, because He wants to respond to our prayers......besides all the other reasons why we should pray.

Sometimes we don't understand what God is doing, but as we trust Him we find that His way is perfect.....and He gives us the grace to walk in it.

Love ya heaps. Going to bed now.
Love, Mum

Anonymous said...

AMEN! Charisse, I am praying for you always, for protection from the devil, as well as the healing from FA, and all other "bugs". You are so right, God's way is the only way, to find happiness and contentment, and find your way through life. Keep on walking in the light of the Lord my friend, I am with you in spirit.
Judy

Anonymous said...

You are a amazing lady to go though what you go though each and everyday.
Prayers are being lifted for you and your family from here in Pineville WV.
Blessings Susan Ott a ( WV ) Prayer Bear

Anonymous said...

May the Lord continue to give you strength whatever the day may bring. Praying!
Psalms 105:1-4 O give thanks unto the LORD; call upon his name: make known his deeds among the people. Sing unto him, sing psalms unto him: talk ye of all his wondrous works. Glory ye in his holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the LORD. Seek the LORD, and his strength: seek his face evermore.

Elaine said...

Hi Charisse, You are a very strong person and you have a lot of support and prayers. Keep the fight going and know GOD is with you during the fight. I will be thinking of you!
Praying for you everyday!
He is my strength and song in the heat of battle, and now he has given me victory. Psalm 118:14

Elaine/Prayer Bears

www.caringbridge.org/visit/johnshattuck

Anonymous said...

So sorry that your family is fighting a bug. I don't leave many messages, but know that I am keeping you and your family in my prayers. Stay in the Word like you are. It will give you strength.

Irene
Prayer Bears

Anonymous said...

I was just going to share verse 18 but backed up and read some more of the chapter and had to send the rest, too. Continuing to pray!
Psalms 89:15-18 Blessed is the people that know the joyful sound: they shall walk, O LORD, in the light of thy countenance. In thy name shall they rejoice all the day: and in thy righteousness shall they be exalted. For thou art the glory of their strength: and in thy favour our horn shall be exalted. For the LORD is our defence; and the Holy One of Israel is our king.

Anonymous said...

Lifting you up in prayer right now!
Psalms 31:24 Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD.