Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Update From Hospital again

Hi Guys,

I am still in hospital and have felt very emotional when Isaac comes to visit me. He perks up when he sees me and gets excited saying "mummy you are better" and I have to explain that I am almlost better but that I have an infection here in the chest that is not better yet; and mummmy can not come home yet. He gets a big bottom lip and tears swell up and I feel so bad. He has been having some other things that show his worry and anxiety over his mummma.

So today I had a liver / abdominal ultrasound. All came back good but the ultrasound showed still fluid on my lung and so ther antibiotic (IV) must continue to at least Friday and then all will be re-evaluated and then I may be able to go home with a PICC-line in or have just oral antibiotics with weekly follow ups and blood tests....counts have been knocked really low and feel scared about it...right now bloods are taken daily or every second day. I was told today to expect my recovery of my counts and pneumonia to be between 6-12 weeks and that it will be a while...we had to cancel our holdiay...i am heaps disappointed.

It was nice to have mum here today and Darren and Angela visit tonight and Liesl my sister take care of Isaac today. Thanks to our friends and families, and nanny/close friend. Who have been supporting us so much. Densie (nanna)... I think about you a lot and are hoping you are really having a fun time overseas..Love you.

I know that there is a purpose for everything, and God will work all things out for good some how... so keep trusting in Him... I will write more when I am less tired.

Love charisse.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charisse,
I apologize for just now replying to your message.
I'm so sorry to hear that you have pneumonia, and pray
that you will recover quickly. The reason that I am
so late in responding to your message is that my
Internet was down from 10 pm on Friday night until 10
A.M. on Monday morning, so I am just now getting
caught up with my email. I pray for you always and
love you heaps,Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Charisse,

I am so sorry you are going through this. Pneumonia is tough to get over and recover from! When my oldest was a baby I got it and they wanted to hospitalize me. I couldn't do that she was only a baby. I stayed at my moms for a month to get rid of it. I don't have any immune system issues and it took me forever to recover, but I did and I am sure you will too! Have they told you that you will be more prone to getting pneumonia now, you probably know that but I thought I would share. I get the pneumonia shot now. I havn't had it in 7 yrs thank goodness. John is out of town this week and Kelly is really having a rough time with it missing her daddy. Well, I better get going I have a houseful of kids! Take care, rest and get better!! You don't want to go home until your ready..it would be harder on Isaac to have you home and then back into the hospital again right away. It is amazing how kids do adjust! Hang in there.

Love,
Racquel

Anonymous said...

Dear friend, I am continually praying for your health my friend. May God bless and heal you and get you home to your family.
Judy

Anonymous said...

We are Praying for you. Please know that Prayers are being lifted for you daily.
Hugs to you Susan , Jeff and William Ott

Anonymous said...

I feel very bad to know that you have pneumonia, but I know you wiil be back soon. You are very special to us.

Rafael J. Diaz

Anonymous said...

Making my rounds to let you know that I'm still here praying! Adding prayers that you're well enough to get out soon!
Ephesians 6:10-13 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Anonymous said...

Praying that you get better soon. I know that must break your heart to see Isaac so sad about you. Fight hard momma!

Anonymous said...

Stopping by tonight to let you know I'm praying!
2 Thessalonians 2:16-17 Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace, Comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every good word and work.

Anonymous said...

Know that I'm praying hard for you right now!
Jeremiah 29:11-13 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.