Sunday, August 5, 2007

Interesting....

Hello All,

to give you all an update. The new IVIG product didn't give me many problems this time! YES! I didn't have headaches or flu symptoms or the pain I get with it. I had slight fatigue and tremors but I felt heaps better and didn't spend my week in tears like I have the last number of infusions. I really pray that all the infusions will be like this from now on. What a relief.

I am feeling much better. I still have a cough but it is going. The infection is gone I think. Bloods were improved this past time as well which I am really pleased about. Nuets were 1500! I am pleased with that.

I think I will still have that MRI but because I have an anaesthetic, I needed to wait until I am more well from the cough.

News! I am having surgery in about 6 weeks. It is a private issue for me but I thought I better let you know I am having the surgery. It is a gynae surgery but I wanted to let you know not to worry...no cancer or anything like that. It is a big surgery and I will take some time to recover. So please keep me in prayer. They will be cutting me. I will be in hospital for a week at the least and more if I need it. The date is 19th Sept. All steam ahead unless for some reason it gets cancelled. I will have a boost of platelets because the surgery requires really high platelets and mine are not in that range...as you know they dropped a bit since the blast count went up a little...but all is stable. My counts are very stable right now. Just don't have high enough for this surgery and they will be cutting me and I wanted to be safe. This would be the first time I have had platelets all my life....well I had them when I had a reaction to quinine when I was 17 years old...it wiped my count out from 150 000 to 2000...but since then I have never had one...not even when Isaac was born...my count boareded on 120 000 when I had Isaac. I am often private with my counts but my platelets are not that high anymore either but not low enough for needing platelets...except with huge procedures. So I am actually nervous about it. Isn't that strange...something I don't have to do and so I get scared about it...hmmm...so many kids and different people have to have it and I bet those kids are less scared than me.

Ok, so now to update on Isaac. He is well and back at kindy. We were supposed to meet with the paediatric dentist last Wed and we got the place mixed up and had to re-sechedule for this Wed. His tooth that was going black has lightened up again and is close to the normal colour of the other tooth! Praise the Lord! God answered my prayers with a little thing like this!

I am trying to work this week. Need to ring my hospital and put my name down for a nursing shift. I will be having a couple of months off work after the surgery and need to make myself known before then...get a doctor's note from my GP about it and probably should do all my drug calculations, manual handling and CPR certificates with the hospital before my surgery. Then when I am ready I can just go back and practice without having to do all this after.

Alan is good. Working as per usual. And he has Mon and Wed with me at home but I am sure that some of those days are mostly spent doing his private company. There are days that we choose to have only for us and go on an outing though. He is trying to set up his new company properly.

Well, I am gonna go. I am waiting to hear from 2 friends when they go into labour. Hehe...I may go visit one of them this afternoon while Alan is working....may be Isaac is settled asleep...I don't know...we will see.

Oh I am still knitting. It is very relaxing and I am a lot faster now. I am working on my 3rd square. I would be further along but the infusion trouble made it hard to knit with all that pain the last couple of months...I am doing more now though.

All of those families going to camp...I hope you all have a wonderful time! I will hopefully get to go another time!

Love you All,
Charisse

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello my friend. It is so good to hear from you. I have been thinking of you and watching for an update from you and I am glad it is a good one. I have been praying for good things in you and your family's lives every day. May the Lord bless and keep you during your upcoming procedure, and know I will be praying for you always. Take care and enjoy the knitting.
Your friend always,
Judy

Anonymous said...

Glad you're doing better!
Stopping by to let you know that I'm still here praying!!!!!!!!!
Psalms 4:8 I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety.

Teresa said...

We hope and pray that the surgery goes well. I hadn't realized you'd never had platelets before other than when you were 17 (those were crazy low platelets!!).

So, your reaction to the infusion is way better than usual? You didn't feel hardly sick at all? That is WONDERFUL!! The whole time I"ve known you, you've had pretty difficult reactions. I hope they are always like this from now on.

That is great that Isaac is feeling better & that his tooth is looking better and that things are going well with Alan. Is he starting up a business?

That is so fun that you are still knitting. Each time you mention it, I want to start knitting!

Love,
Teresa

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that your infusion went so much better!!! That is wonderful! YAY! What a relief. You will be in my thoughts at camp and I want you to know that I pray for a quick recovery for your surgery. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Continuing to lift you up to the Lord's Throne in prayer!
John 14:27: “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you; not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”