Tuesday, August 21, 2007

still in hospital

Hi everybody,

Charisse went in hospital for her ear infection, and has been treated there since Sunday night. During the course of her stay, she started to get quite severe muscle pains around her ribs and back which were aggrivated by an on-going cough from previous weeks sickness.

Throughout Monday night and Tuesday Charisse has been on heavy pain-killers and sedatives to combat the muscle pain and give her some peace. However, during this time another infection started brewing (if not, was always there) and continued to worsen. Last night the doctor came in and checked her over, and diagnosed that she has developed pneumonia in the base of one of her lungs.

She has been catagorised as moderate-severe, primaryly due to the blood complications with Fanconi Anaemia.

She is resting well, and showing signs of improvement, but remains in the high-dependancy unit at the hospital.

She is doing well, showing signs of recovery. Please pray that this continues, and all her other blood-related issues also resolve.

Regards,
Alan (Charisse's husband)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Allen,

I am so sorry to hear about Charisse. I hope she gets better quickly! John and I will keep her and your entire family in our prayers. If you ever need to chat please don't hesitate to e-mail me at jrhanna2000@sbcglobal.net I know there are few FA adults and spouces out there! Hang in there! I know this is hard on you and also and your son.

your friend,
Racquel Hanna (John's wife)

Anonymous said...

Glad she's in the hospital where she can get help!
Praying for you right now!
Isaiah 55:6 Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near

Anonymous said...

Charisse,
JUst read all the updates with your health. Am praying for you all the time. Am so sorry that you are having to go through all of this. Glad your husband is keeping us posted. Love Paula

Teresa said...

Alan & Charisse,

Please know you'll be in our prayers and that we are thinking of you. We hope Charisse recovers quickly and that you all have the strength you need to get through this. Tell her I love and miss her!!

Love,
Teresa

Anonymous said...

Dear Allen, I am sorry to hear that Charisse is still in the hospital and having to battle so hard with the infections. Know that I think of her and you and Isaac every day and pray for you also. Let Charisse know I am praying for her.
May God bless and Keep you all,
Judy Smith

Anonymous said...

Hang in there momma and fight those bugs!

FigaroFigaro said...

Sorry to hear that you're going through a bit of a bad patch-- We are thinking of you! We did not make to camp this year. Hope we all can come in 2008.
Hug that big boy (and Alan) for us.
Amy Brian and Delia Levine-Horrigan
St. Paul Minnesota

Anonymous said...

Charisse, Alan and Issac,

I'm so sorry to hear the latest news. I hope that they are able to clear up this infection quickly! This must be such a difficult time for you. Charisse, when our friend was in the hospital recently and got pneumonia, I remember they said that the sooner he could get moving the better, to keep the infection from just sitting in one spot in his lungs. I'm sure that's much easier to say than do, with all the pain and medications you have, but just keep that in mind, whenever you feel you can, to try to move, even a little bit each day. I'm sending lots of love your way!!

Rachel

Anonymous said...

These verses are always so comforting to me! Know I'm praying as always!
John 14:1-3 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.