Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Isaac is funny/camp sunshine

I am sick!!!! Ahhhhhh...that is what I feel like doing. I caught Isaac's virus that he is recovering from. I feel awful. I woke up this morning and sat in the lounge and a tear ran down my face...you think that is dramatic? Well...you see I hate being sick or sore or anything else and sometimes I just feel fed up with feeling so under the weather..I only just got over most of my IVIG reaction...today I have been sleeping in bed most of the day and just got up to write in my blog.

Anyway, yesterday Isaac made me laugh. I knew I was coming down with something yesterday. I felt so strange...anyway....it is nice to have a little boy who brings so much laughter into one's world.

After his sleep yesterday, when I told him we had to go to his doctor for a check up he said, "but i feel better"...and I said, "Well we are going for a check up with the doctor and he can check your throat and your ears and tummy"...and he said, "will he look at my nose? It is big...it is big....and blocked...and my nostrils"...and he starts describing his nostrils..very interesting. My mum was in the next room and called out "what is he talking about"...anyway...it is actually really funny, My sister and Alan joke about nostrils all the time....Alan has even written a silly poem about my sister's nostrils and left it on the fridge...of course mum comes to visit and saw it and thinks we are all crazy and laughs....Isaac obviously was listening to me talk to my sister when Alan insisted I read this stupid poem to her on the phone....I realised that is why Isaac is now talking about nostrils and start laughing...now when I laugh I laugh hysterically...and Isaac finds this highly amusing you see....so he just has a big smile.....and then he will say, "mummy, stop laughing....shhh....no laughing...shh....stop"...in amongst this time I am trying to quit laughing and keep giggling and he will always say, "stop"...with a smile...and, "shh, shh"...it is actually really funny....I find it funny.

So on our way back from the paediatrician, I was strapping him back in his seat for the car ride home..and I don't know what he said but he pulled my face close and said something and smiled SO cute....so I kissed him on his forehead...he said something esle which was prescious and I started to just laugh..so much that I had to hang on to his car seat to stop from falling over...Isaac has a huge smile on his face and he has his finger up to his face, "shh...stop...shh...drive!"...he doesn't say this mean like. He has a huge smile on his face the WHOLE time and finds it very funny that mummy laughs like she does...and Isaac trying to tell me to "stop and drive" with the smile on his face makes me laugh even more...then he starts to giggle...anyway...this happens all the time with different things and it is really funny.

OK....now for serious stuff again. At the beginning of the year we applied for a grant from some place here in Australia ...a research grant because we are "FA Australia" to get to Camp Sunshine...a camp for people who have the disease Fanconi Anaemia"..that is what I have. We were accepted and our whole fair was covered for getting there. The a week or so later..they pulled the grant from us and explained certain reasons to us.

Then we applied for another one that one of their people encouraged us to apply for and said that we had a good chance...so we applied...today, to much disappointment we were declined that grant and still do not have any money to go to camp sunshine. I have had tears. It is SO difficult in Australia sometimes because we are pretty isolated here with FA. It is not easy to wip up $10 000 to go to camp. That is how much it would cost us to just get there..and I don't think that is a secret. It is expensive from Australia. I am actually feeling very discouraged. We have applied to camp sunshine like we would be there...we are planning to be there...we just need help with finances...so we are trying one more thing for finances and I honestly don't know what will happen...if this fails...well be will not be able to come. I will be so disappointed because I have never met John Hanna...and am really wanting to meet him. Hi John! Don't mind me...but I long to meet you ...as you know....and I won't get to see people who I have made friends with from 2 years ago..and I don't know when I would see them again. Teresa and Tyler and Kristin....my close friends..I really want to see you all...and it would definitely benefit FA Australia to have the updated research from the lectures and stuff....

Anyway, pray an hope...pray that this last "finance help" may help...otherwise I will let you guys know the final decision...but it may be a last minute thing you see...these grants and finace things often leave everything til the last moment..so it is heaps hard.

SO there is my whole update. I hope people are well and I will keep you updated as to what is gonna happen next!
Love Charisse

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charisse,
I'm trying to leave a message! It didn't work the other day! Anyway, bummer on the grant! I'm crying with you!!! WAAAAAH WAAAAH WAAAH!
I love you laughing! I can just picture it and it makes me smile!
Hang in there and keep the faith!
Blessings and Bunches of Bear Hugs to make you feel better!

Anonymous said...

OH NO!!! That makes me so sad. I wish I were rich, I would fly you here myself. Would FARF help you? Oh momma, I hope you find a way. I just read in a Camp Sunshine flyer that JetBlue donated fights to camp for families that need assistance flying but I don't think they fly to Australia :0( There has to be a way.

I am so glad to hear you laughing. I think it's our kids that keep us young, although I think mine have aged me beyond my years. My hair too because the grays just keep popping up. I hope you can come to camp.

Unknown said...

Hi love,
Let me encourage you... though there is a chance we may not get to camp it won't be because $10,000 is a lot of money! In fact, what is $10,000 to God??? It's nothing... so don't give up, there's still a few tricks up my sleave to get us there. But failing that, i KNOW there will always be other times. This ISN'T your last opportunity!!

Now for some comedy... i feel that it is necessary for me to share my nostril poem with the world...

a-hem..

"So I heard about your nostrils, and what they do to me,
I heard about your nostrils and how they seem to be...
So very big, flared, wide, bare, freaking me right out...
all night... all night..
So very big, flared, wide, bare, freaking me right out,
all night... all night"

I sure hope I haven't lost my integrity with all your readers.. oops, on well.
Love yas (wink)

Alan

Charisse said...

Hey Alan,
thanks for sharing that...I almost wrote it on the post..but didn't want to embarass you too much...hehe...I started giggling and had to try and restrain myself when reading it...you are a crazy pyscho of a husband! Thanks for the encouragement.
Love Charisse

Hey Kristin,
unfortunately FARF couldn't help us this year...so we are having to pull from other places...makes it difficult but we are still trying to keep hope! I also HOPE we can come.

Thanks Donna....I am crying too...may be we will still find away...hope you all enjoy Alan's poem!
Love Charisse

Leslie said...

Hi Carrisse -
Sorry I cannot read your blog because I am allergic to cats. AaaaaCHoooooo

I hope you get feeling better soon. I will pray for you to find a way to get to camp.

Love
Leslie

Anonymous said...

Alan needs to comprise a book of poems because he obviously has a hidden talent. Maybe his next subject could be the woes of potty training or the ever-so-troublsome sock between the toes. Hey maybe I could get an autographed copy. That would be cool.

Anonymous said...

Charisse, I am so sorry that you are sick. I will be praying for a quick recovery for you. I agree, it does sound very funny the way Isaac was saying the shh thing. I would have laughed until I fell to the floor for sure. I hope the grants come through for you. More prayers for that too being lifted up in your name. Love ya,
Judy

Charisse said...

Yeah Kristin,
I will be sure to let Alan know about his hidden talent and may you could have an autograph!
Charisse

Siouxsie said...

I must say that Alan's poem is true art. That is just the kind of poetry we write in my family. :-)
I'm sorry you're feeling so ick, Charisse. Hopefully you'll get over it quickly and everything will work out for camp. It really must be hard to feel so out of the way of the FA community you're in. I really hope & pray that you guys can make it. Or maybe you should practice folding yourself up into a shipping box and you could go that way. Ha, ha. Ok, I know it wasn't that funny. Lots of love from the great country of Texas. :-)

Teresa said...

Oh, how fun! Two of my sisters commented (Leslie & Siouxsie). Alan, your poem had me giggling. I like to make fun of my own nostrils, but not because they flare or are wide...it's because I have long, thin nostrils. I can't fit my big toe in it though (I've tried). If you've lost integrity, then so have I now.

Charisse, I am so sorry you were denied again. I know how badly you want to come. We want to see you so badly! Isaac sounds so precious. he is such a sweet little boy. I can picture you laughing. You have such a contagious laugh that makes everyone else around you laugh too...most at/with you:-) Give Isaac a hug for me and poke Alan in the nostril.

Love,
Teresa
PS: FEEL BETTER - and we'll be praying you can come. I know you have to be so disappointed right now.

Anonymous said...

Hi Charisse
It is great to be able to access this journal to leave a message. Words fail me after reading Alan's poem!! Did I know my son was sooo talented?? Hmmm! Anyway, I will see you soon (tomorrow) and hope you are feeling better by then. Love you
Love Denise

Anonymous said...

Hey Charisse!
Hehe look I'm leaving a comment I can join in the fun too :)
In response to Alan's poem, I would also like to share a song I wrote on nostrils...

Maestro if you please...
(To the tune of 'Do your ears hang low?')

Dooooooo your nostrils flare?
Do they make the people stare?
Can you flare them really wide?
Can you flare them if you dare?
Can you flare them so enormous
That they're as big as a Brontosaurus?
Do your nostrils flare?

Hehe enjoy!!!

Love ya, Danielle

Anonymous said...

Hope this post finds you feeling better today. I still love the kitten on your site. So precious, just like you my dear friend. Take care and know you are loved by many,
Judy

Anonymous said...

Once again this is a larger section, but I love these verses. We have eyewitness accounts of our Savior! Continuing to pray so very hard!
1 John 1:1-4 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life; (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;) That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ. And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.

Anonymous said...

Praying!
Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.