Sunday, June 10, 2007

My poor little Isaac

Well,
Isaac woke this morning feeling really unwell. Not the bowel thingy...something else. He felt like he was burning up when he got up at 0730 this morning. Alan usually tends to him while I sleep a bit more (lower energy levels with FA)...but Isaac was really miserable and crying and so I knew he wanted his mummy. He felt really hot and so I took his temperature and it was 38.9 degrees celcius...( about 102 degrees F) No wonder he was feeling awful. So I gave him some panadol and dimetapp because his nose was heaps clogged as well..and he lay on my lap in the lounge for a while. By 0830 he was happy to lay with daddy and I hoped back into bed for more of a rest. Sundays are always big days and so I make sure I rest heaps on a Monday. I ended up sleeping until about 10am!

When I got up Isaac looked a lot better and Alan had his dressed. We decided to hold the bowel prep for today and ask his paediatrician when we should start it again. There is no point making him extra miserable when he already is miserable and has not got his usual appetite or energy to drink heaps...let alone have bowel problems.

I wondered around in my PJ's for the morning. It is a public holiday here today....apparently the Queen's birthday (I just yelled out and asked Alan which public holiday it was...hehe). Isaac and Alan did some colouring in and also played play doe...and I put some loads of washing on.

After that Isaac seemed to be feeling poorly again and went all pale and started to moan and cry a bit...he was due more panadol and he didn't want me to check his temperature...so I left that for the moment...but he wanted mummy..I was just about to go in the shower but thought that I would cuddle Isaac instead since we were not planning on doing anything else much today.

He was shaking a bit and so I put him on my lap in the lounge and stroked his face and he fell asleep for a short while. Alan went and borrowed a DVD from the shop espcially for Isaac to watch..the movie, "Cars"...he likes that.

After this he watched the movie on his couch.

While he was doing that I had an idea to do some spring cleaning! Except for the fact that it is actually winter here...hehe. Can you tell I feel a bit better today. My pain in my head has almost gone...just feeling a little lethargic. I cleaned the top of the tiles in the kitchen for about 20 mins (like the edge of the top which had all dust on it)...and then I felt tired. I then had a shower and stuff..so I am all ready now.

Isaac is in bed and tonight we will have tea with Alan's mum and dad. I think Isaac will just lay on the couch.

SO poor Isaac isn't feeling well and tomorrow was supposed to be his official preschool photos with his class..I am going to keep him home but see what time the photos are and may be take him especially for that. We will see how we go. Otherwise Isaac just has a paediatric appointment tomorrow and as for me....I have an appointment on Thursday and a haematologist appointment on Friday...just usual follow up.

Well, I am enjoying writing on my new blog...hope you have enjoyed it all...and thanks for writing in my comment section..it is exciting!
Love Charisse

6 comments:

Siouxsie said...

Hey, Charisse:
I'm glad you have a blog I can come post on, too. I sure hope Isaac gets feeling better. It's always so sad when they're feeling under the weather...even if they often look really cute doing it. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Charisse, Well i like your new site, its very easy to use.
Look forward to seeing you tonight for dinner. I hope Isaac is feeling well tonight.
Love Dazza

Unknown said...

Another informative post to the world my love!!! Our son is adorable, even when he's not well. Poor little darlin'.
Love you, xx

Anonymous said...

Hey Charisse,

I like your new site. The cat is cute! I hope things are going well and I'm sorry Isaac has been unwell. My best to you all.

Love,
John Hanna

Teresa said...

Hey Charisse! I'm so sorry about little Isaac not feeling well. Isn't it neat how they want mommy so they can feel better? I've always like that. Makes me - and hopefully all of us moms - feel important! Glad you're feeling a bit better too.

Anonymous said...

Time...such a simple word, such a complicated topic. Sometimes it flies by so quickly you truly don't know where it went. Yet it can also seem to stand still. I looked it up in a concordance and it's used 573 times in the Bible. It's used in so many different says. One thing I've learned by stopping by so many pages is just how precious time is.
This is a very special verse about time:
Psalms 37:39 But the salvation of the righteous is of the LORD: he is their strength in the time of trouble.