Sunday, June 10, 2007

Testing my New Blog!

Hi There Everyone,
wow...look at my new blog. I am rather excited....dear Teresa did this for me....of course she asked me how I wanted it...but the end product so far is great...so I thought I would test my blog out! Do ya'll like it? I do...thanks Teresa so much for doing this for me...it is great. Now I just need to get family photos up and so on.

Update on my health...I ended up having the reaction to my IVIG which was the aseptic meningitis....I have had a hard week with pain through my eye balls and temple area and neck stiffness and back pain and fainting, hot flushes and ringing in both my ears...it has been horrible. We rang the hospital a couple of times this week because it was just so bad but there is not much we can do about it. I have had some steroid treatment to decrease the inflammation.....and pain relief...which was not working mind you....however, with that all said...today was a better day for me...I think yesterday I woke up and thought, "the reaction has turned the corner"..and today the pain relief is working and the pain has decreased again...so what a relief that this will be over soon.

We had lunch with Isaac's great Nanna today...Alan's Nanna...it was nice. I enjoyed lunch so much...it was a chicken dish..beautiful...so she gave me the recipe and I think I will try it. We don't get to catch up too often because she is so far away from us. It was nice for us to see her. We go to church in Woodville which is about 45 min from our home and she lived a further 25 min from there so we went there after church.

Poor Isaac has not been 100% the last couple of days. He has a cold again...but he also seems to have a problem with his bowel. I talked to the paediatrician and he thinks that Isaac's brain has learnt to give him the wrong cues with his bowel..so it is not going at the right time and is letting everything build up...I won't go into too much detail. Isaac had to have a laxative sachet on Saturday to help clean him out and then tomorrow....and then start a bowel softner regularly at a higher dose than what he has been on and this problem with the receptors of the brain and bowel should re-set itself in about 3 months time. Poor Isaac gets a belly ache and he doesn't much like this stuff that helps clean him out. I know that no person likes these things....these sachets. I used to work in Gastroenterology as a registered nurse and was always giving out bowel preps for patients having colonoscopies and they were not pleasant for the patient to go through at home before the procedure. I will do relief work there now but not permanent...like before Isaac was born...I work in a whole variety of wards right now.

Alan is doing well. He has been busy with lots of work. He has church work that he is doing....and his new business and his work that he works with right now. He does technically have Monday and Wednesdays off for family days...making the most of us all being together and we like that...but he often does some work on those days when I am resting and Isaac is at kindy.....

Ah yes....just in case anyone gets confused with my new blog and signing the guestbook type thingy....it is not called a guestboook but at the bottom of my entry it will have "comments" written..of what I can remember...and you click on that and it will come up with a box you can comment in....you can write in that and if you don't have a blogger account or google account...then just select "anonymous" and then you just type in those letters that it asks....and publish it....follow the prompts...that is so people who don't have those accounts can sign and let me know that you have been here.......I love seeing little messages. It encourages me.

Ok, got to go...that is my first blog written! How exciting. Have a good night or day....
Love Charisse

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Charisse,
Love your new blog, very nice, and very cute kitten!!

Love you heaps,
Alan (your husband)

Teresa said...

Hi Charisse! It's fun seeing you use your new blog. The baby just exploded out his diaper, so I should probably go clean him up before it gets all over! Let me know if this emails directly to you. It should be set up to do that. I hope your infusion reaction gets better, Isaac gets his bowel problems worked on, and that Alan is doing well. Better run;-)

Love,
Teresa

Anonymous said...

Hey woman!!! What a cute site! That was very nice of that crazy Teresa girl to help you. Waiting to hear how things go on Tuesday and I just wanted you to know that I'm thinking about you. I'm so glad you are starting to feel better. Man, that sounds so rough. Hugs momma!

Anonymous said...

Ooops, I didn't mean to be anonymous ;0)

Anonymous said...

Charisse,
I am a member of Prayer Bears and just saw that you have your new blog. I know I have not left messages for you, but do know that I keep you in my prayers. You are such a strong woman and your faith shines through. Praying that you have a great day and that the prayers of many and the loving arms of our Lord support you each and every day.
Prayer Bears
Irene

Anonymous said...

Love the site, the background is beautiful. I will save this page in my favorites so I can keep up with you. Take care my friend,
Judy

Anonymous said...

Hi Charisse!!
Great new Blog. it is very nice!! I am thinking of you often, and hope you are back on track with your health soon.
Give our love to Isaac (poor boy!).
Hope to see you soon.
love
Brooke, Paul and Jasper

Anonymous said...

Hi Charisse,
Your new blog is great. The kitten is sooooo "you." Teresa did a great job. Pray you have a good day today (Mon. public holiday) and that Isaac's bowels get sorted out soon. He is such a sweetheart. Thanks for singing with us in church on Sun. morning. In one of the photos that Al took of you and I you can sooooo tell that we are mother and daughter.

Love you heaps,
Mum

Anonymous said...

Cute kitty! Site is beautiful!
The Lord's Will isn't always what we will, but He ALWAYS knows what's best! Blessed be the Name of the Lord! Keep your eyes on Him! Praying right now!
2 Corinthians 12:7-10 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.