Friday, June 22, 2007

Learning to knit/The Little Things/update/being amused

Hello All!

Well I already wrote into the Fanconi Anaemia group to tell them about my great knitting skills! Hehe. I have started to knit. Have I written about this here yet? Even if I have, I am gonna write it again..I can be so vague. Isaac's nanna and great grandma have started to knit a rug for Isaac. So it doesn't take forever, I have started helping as well...not that the process will be sped up with my great, fast (not) knitting. Hehe. Alan's sister is doing some knitting too (I have heard that you, Jacqui, have done quite a number of sqaures!)...so we are all helping. The day that Nanna showed me how to knit was amusing. Well I find it amusing. I had my eyes glued onto the knitting needles and the stitch because I was SO tense about what I was doing! Ha! That night I piled heaps of cushions under my elbows to support them because I was so sore from knitting. I was then knitting with my elbows in the air...haha...hehe...I am giggling because I find it so funny.

Anyway, I have now done 22 rows of my knitted square...hehe...and do not have to pile all the pillows so high! I am a slow knitter but may be I will get faster with practise...you would hope! Ha! It has been fun though. My own nanny taught me to knit when I was very young and I used to knit scarves..but have not done any of that in years so it was like learning all over again.

Anyway, to another subject. Last Sunday my best friend from highschool was down from Sydney...well a suburb around there...NSW....I miss her so much here in Adelaide and I was so excited that she was having her baby shower here in Adelaide. She is about 31 weeks pregnant...Is that right...well around that last week. I loved seeing her. It was so nice to just be in the room with her. We did a guessing game. You know, how many jelly beans are in the bottle and I guessed right. I kind of used a system I thought may work. Haha...I was SO excited ...yes, I know...to be excited over a jelly bean game is rather amusing...but I squealed with delight...haha..I got to take the jelly beans home and a new baby bottle...not that Isaac is drinking from a bottle anymore...far from it.

Tomorrow one of my friends from highschool is getting married. My best friend from highschool will be her bridesmaide. Then she will be going back to Sydney. I want to go and see my friend get married and I can see my other friend again while i am there!

Sunday, my sister's baby is being dedicated to God at church. There will be a luncheon after church. What a relief that i am more well now than last week!

Isaac is pretty much recovered and will be at kindy next week. I just have an annoying cough left and my nose clogs up and runs at night...but I feel a lot better. Alan is still roughing it out a bit. He doesn't feel nice at night but he has been at work.

We are probably having dinner with Alan's brother and partner this week and that should be nice. I am looking forward to that.

So the weekend and next week should be fun!

Then the IVIG infusion is on Friday and I pray I don't have a horrible reaction like last time. This month has been constant unwellness...first the 1 1/2 weeks of infusion reaction and then Isaac getting sick, myself and Alan...and I didn't get to go to work this month because I have been too unwell with reactions and viruses. That is frustrating. I do miss it. I find work very fulfilling (I am a nurse). Hopefully next month I will get to work. I did receive all my updated pay slips in the mail...and recieved that I have to go and do my yearly update with drug calculations, CPR and manual handling...it is good that I get paid to go in and do all that stuff.

Ha! I want to share something I find funny...again. Isaac goes through stages when he will go to sleep without you sitting in the room for a while...does that make sense....he will fall asleep and then there are times when I need to spend 10 min sitting in the rocking chair while he lies in bed...it helps him know that I am all right...I have no idea if this is making sense. Anyway, tonight I am sitting in the chair and Isaac is lying in the bed but every time he sits up to look where I am I can see the sillouette (sp?) of his head against the light in the hall way. Now it is SO cute that I just burst out laughing. I don't know if you find this funny but a child sitting there, bolt upright, looks really funny to me in the dark. I just was giggling and giggling..."oh this won't help Isaac to fall asleep"..and called Alan to come and sit there for a little while...anyway, I just found that funny! Ha!

Ok, I suppose I should go now. May be I will do some knitting. Actually I think Alan and I will watch a movie together..nothing like good old quality time together vegging when we fell ill!
Love you All,
Charisse

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am smiling again, your joy of life and your wonderful spirit just lifts me up so much. Please know you are loved far and wide.
Have fun knitting and having quality time with your family.
Your friend always,
Judy

Lynn said...

Know that I'm here praying right now!
1 John 4:9-10 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

Anonymous said...

Hi Charisse,
Hmmm! I might be forced to knit a square a two myself when I'm with you on Tuesday. I'll have to see your fly away arms for myself. Perhaps I'll take a photo of you knitting for the annals of history. A source of amusement one day for your grandchildren, I'm sure.

Have a great day tomorrow. I am looking forward to hearing you and Liesl singing in church tomorrow.

Heaps of love,
Mum

Teresa said...

I vote for a picture of Charisse knitting! Good idea, Mom (or mum, mummy...hehe). I found your story to be amusing, Charisse. I'm so glad you are having fun doing that. I think it's funny that you would laugh at Isaac's sillouette (how do you spell that word?). I bet he looks cute!!

Hope you feel better. Feel free to come hang out any time you want!

Lynn said...

May the Lord bless you with the peace that only He can give! Am so blessed to be able to pray for you!
Psalms 29:11 The LORD will give strength unto his people; the LORD will bless his people with peace.

Lynn said...

Still here praying!
Psalms 145:18 The LORD is nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth.

Anonymous said...

Know that I'm here praying right now!
Psalms 18:35 Thou hast also given me the shield of thy salvation: and thy right hand hath holden me up, and thy gentleness hath made me great.