Friday, January 18, 2008

Great News! Surgery still booked for Monday!

Things have been going well. I had my pre-anaesthetic appointment on Thursday morning. Anaesthetists are so strange whether you work with them as a nurse or are the patient. They have NO idea about some things and panic real easily....which is what they did with me once they found out I have FA and lower counts. They would not believe me that everything is organised and under control. I panicked because they paniced and Alan rang my surgeon and she said that everything is under control and that she had everything planned and went through the plan with us! She told me not to worry about the anaesthetists because she will be bossing them around! I am happy with the plan and my haematologist has spoken with Julie myOB/Gynae/surgeon and they have things worked out...no need to panic.

I saw my "gloomy doctor" yesterday afternoon and he was really good. Alan had spoken to him about not being so "gloomy" and letting "Charisse feel confident about going forward"....so yes, the risks are important but since the decision is made even though the risks...it is time to support. He did support me yesterday and said nothing negative. In fact...I got some great results that totally threw him off guard and I LOVE watching the doctor be perplexed and confused. Usually with FA and other bone marrow disorders that fail....the platelets have a shorter life span and become damaged and old easily and we have old platelets in our blood mostly more than young and fresh ones...it is part of what happens with the marrow failing but the doctor was SO surprised and perplexed to have the test come back that I have majority of young and fresh platelets in my system as opposed to the old and ineffcient ones. My platelets are efficient and work better than someone who usually has low counts. Somehow...he says...they are being made more efficiently and because they are young...they are more efficient even though the count is lower at times....my platelets do not act like "lower count".......for me at the stage of my marrow...lots of chromosome changes in the past and a slight increase in blast count the last couple of years...this is amazing...and the doctor is quite surprised. After he sat there so perplexed Alan said, "so this is a positive surprise" and he looked up and said, "yes, this is positive and I am not so concerned about the surgery with these results"......obviously still risks to surgery and someone with FA but this is amazing. I still think that medical science doesn't have the answer to everything and that there is a God and that God does do miracles and positive things in our lives.....interesting don't you think...I am very happy with these results.

The doctor said, "I suppose I won't say good luck because it is not appropriate"...implying that there is also bad luck so I dared to say...hehe...."but you can pray for me!". He looked at me and smiled...he smiled..the gloomy doctor smiled...hehe..and I said, "monday, 1.30pm put on your calendar....be deep in prayer for Charisse"...he then laughed and said, "yes, deep in prayer". So I came away feeling much better with that appointment and feeling like he actually was supporting me through this despite the risks and feeling more positive...and actually positive about my dreams and stuff for this year.

Anyway, one day til my operation now. Monday I go into the Womens and childrens hospital to be admitted at 1030am. I am supposed to have my supportive platelet transfusion around 12pm and then the surgery is booked for 1.30pm. I am probably in there for a week and will keep you updated as to how I am going after surgery.
Thanks for praying for me.
Love Charisse

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

MY PRAYER WILL BE WITH YOU MONDAY
GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. TAKE
CARE OF YOUR SELF.

JUDY COKER
CLOVIS, NM

Anonymous said...

Halleluya!God is in charge of this,and I believe your gloomy Dr is not far from devine visitation.Maybe its about time to call his name in prayer that he might come to the knowledge of the truth.We'll continue to engage in intensive prayer,standing on the gap for u.Remember your victory is ours!Be strengthened my sister!Flo

Anonymous said...

This is a long section. Most of it is one sentence! I decided as long as I was quoting that much I might as well include one more sentence. Know that I'm here praying so that all goes well on Monday!!!!!!!!!!
Ephesians 3:14-21 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God. Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

Anonymous said...

Hi sis!
Looking forward to seeing the good things coming out of this surgery. Love you lots and praying for you every day. Here's to a "New Song".
love L

Anonymous said...

Dearest Charissy,
I am so excited and feel so positive in the Spirit for you...God is with you it is so obvious.....write a book.....your experiences are awesome!!

Your aggression in the nicest possible sense, and G n'D (Guts and Determination, according to my Dad) is of God....young platelets PRAISE GOD...How cool is that, let's just bamboozle those cynics and doubters in the name of JC!!!

Monday we will be praying,

Progression and life is what keeps those of Faith....Remember the words of TB Joshua... .he was very clear....I believe they still apply today!!

Hallelujah be at peace, and enjoy God!!

Say hi to all and rest up well after surgery.

Love you lots and lots
You old pal
Cath T

Anonymous said...

There are so many times in life when we feel like we're at the end of our rope. There's no way we can handle one more thing. There's no way we can even hang on. God promises that not only is He there for you, He's reaching out His arms! Lifting you up in prayer!
Deuteronomy 33:27a The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms...

Anonymous said...

You should be through surgery by now! Praying so that all went well and that you're well on your way to recovery!!!!!!!!!
Revelation 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Anonymous said...

Hey Charisse,

Sorry I haven't written in awhile. I've been swamped with my new position at work. I'm glad your counts are looking good and I'm sure the surgery will go quite well. You'll be in our thoughts and prayers. Take care!!

Anonymous said...

I am thinking of you today. I'm not sure what day it is there but it is Monday here. I know I haven't written. It isn't because I am not following you. I am. I just feel like I am not a very good friend right now with all that has been going on with me. I know time will heal but I just feel like I wouldn't do you justice until my heart heals a little more. I have been reading and keeping up with you and you are in my prayers today. I hope things go or went well. I know this surgery is what your heart desires. I pray for success!!! Hugs and prayers for a quick recovery. Let your body heal, take your time and let Alan wait on you for every need, espcially if it involves ice cream. Hugs momma!

Anonymous said...

Know that I'm here praying!
Proverbs 18:10 The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.