Thursday, January 24, 2008

3-days post surgery

Hi everyone.
i'm still in hospital recovering but am doing well. I have had trouble with pain--it hurts lots but we are now figuring out my pain regime but will have it figured out well before i go home.

I'm still not sure how long i will be here, but will probably be out by Tuesday.
My wound is going well; it is bruised but not as nearly as bruised as I expected. I thought my whole abdomen would be covered, but it is really just around the wound and a couple of centimetres down.

My platelet count has been stable and I have not needed any further support therapy. I miss Isaac, he has been very good and when he gives me a cuddle in hospital he tells me he will do it "very gently", and when he gives me a kiss he tells me he will do it gently.

Alan took him home to sleep at our house last night, and this morning when he woke up he went into my bedroom to look for me, and told me when he came in to visit me today that he looked for me but i wasn't there. So I explained I would be in hospital a little while longer just to let my tummy heal.

Nothing else to report on. I will let you know how I am in a couple of days.

Thank you for all your support and emails and guest book entries, they have been very encouraging.

Love Charisse

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Charisse!

I'm so glad to hear you pain levels are down! That's how it should be! I'm so glad that everything is going so smoothly now, even if you had a rough start on surgery day. I'm home now but sleeping a lot and still taking those pain meds..

your partner in surgery(!),
rachel

Judy said...

Dear Charisse, I am so happy to learn that you are healing, and pray the pain issue will be taken care of and you will be home soon. Take care and know I think of you often.
Praying for you daily,
Judy

Anonymous said...

So good seeing you write in! Hope the pain gets under control quickly!
There is hope in the Lord! Praying right now!
Psalms 16:7-9 I will bless the LORD, who hath given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons. I have set the LORD always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope.

Anonymous said...

Continuing to pray!
Zephaniah 3:17 The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.

Teresa said...

Glad that things are going well. That is no fun about the pain! I hope you are able to get that under control. Isaac is so super sweet and caring for you. That was really precious to read. I'm sure he'll be excited to have you back home! Thanks for the personal email. I found it incredibly interesting!

Love,
Teresa

Anonymous said...

Stopping by to let you know I'm praying!
Matthew 11:28-30 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.