Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Discouraged

Hello Guys,

well I still have the headaches....not nearly as bad as needing to go in hospital, but they are still there. I am feeling a little worried. The headaches could be increased by stress as well as the IVIG's. I have not had my eyes tested for a while..but don't seem to have trouble with my eyes..but I suppose you could just get headaches. We still have not had the MRI but will push for that to be soon. I was trying to just relax a bit since the drama. My IVIG is in a week and a half and I feel stressed about having another one because of the extreme reactions. OH dear.....waiting for the doctor to ring back about details to do with the IVIG and a new product. I also have some ulcers in my mouth which usually add to a headache...they are on the side of my tongue where it really hurts and my ear seems to hurt from it. So I have something to numb it which does help. I have not had them for ages, literally and think it must be the stress from the headaches and stuff. I am really tense in my muscles and think that may be regular, gentle massages would help. So Alan and I talked about finding out about all that. It may help me be more relaxed and sleep better and have less headaches....we both know the MRI is still a priority...just trying to help other areas as well to get rid of headaches.

Then a week a go I noticed that Isaac's front tooth was discoloured and was really discouraged. I know that a couple of weeks a go at church he had a head on collision with another child and had blood in his mouth. However, Alan and I couldn't see anything wrong with his front teeth.....must have bumped it then...surely. It is quite discoloured now and I am sure the nerve has died. I rang the dentist and have him in for an appointment tomorrow at 4.45pm. They will do an x-ray and will be able to see the nerve and what it is doing. He has a beautiful smile and when he smiles he shows his gums and his teeth and I am so sad about his tooth. Hopefully we can do something about it so it doesn't look awful. They may be able to whiten it and then he will not feel weird about it. He has been good....it doesn't hurt or feel strange...he tells me...we have been practising how we will do at the dentist. This will be his first proper visit and i am a little anxious. People have told me that his tooth is not too noticeable but it can be seen. I know some people will read this and think, "it will be ok"...and I know it is a baby tooth and will fall out and be replaced one day but as a mum, anything that happens to teeth...baby teeth or not...it can be very upsetting. I went to see a friend on Monday and her child and Isaac play together and she said when her child chipped his tooth she was crying like I have been and she understands the "mummy blues". That helped. She and I are very similar with our feelings and I appreciate her supporting me. So I am trying to not get too upset and see what the dentist says as well...Isaac has a good mouth of teeth...very healthy...so that is good.

On Monday night Isaac woke at 11pm with croup. That is always scary and we sat in the bathroom with the steam which didn't seem to work as well as it usually does. Isaac's G.P gave us some baby prednisolone last winter to use for croup when the steam doesn't work....so we don't have to go out in the freezing cold to the hospital...Isaac communicates now and tells me how he feels and he was a bit panicked. He asked us to call our doctor friends...which was good because we know they are up late (not calling just because Isaac asked) and I didn't know the new dose of prednisolone for Isaac's new wait...so we rang and they said we were doing everything right....told us the new dose and we gave Isaac the medicine. If he still had trouble with breathing an hour or two later we would go to the hospital...I would call the ambulance so he didn't have to be in the wintery, freezing cold. I think that is better for croup. But we didn't have to. The medicine worked as well as the humidifier and Alan slept in the room with him to make sure he was ok...we got to sleep late but it all worked out. Isaac is a lot better today.

So, we have a visitor coming tonight and I am going to go relax. Please pray we get the headaches sorted out. Although, my week doesn't sound like it has been too relaxing and that probably doesn't help.
I hope you are all doing ok!
Love Charisse

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Charisse Ü

I am sorry to hear about your headaches. They can get really bad no matter the reason they come about. I hope they have let up some since your entry. I said a prayer for you.It sounds like you have had a hard week. I pray the Lord would bless you with calmness not only physically but spiritually and emotionally.

I hope baby Isaac's tooth will be all right. The way you described it sounds like the nerve took a hit. Thank goodness it's a baby tooth~but right now I understand that dosen't matter. We as mom's worry about the smallest things. Let me know how the dentist appointment goes.

How is Isaac's croup doing? When our children were growing up our son Mark had it every Winter. It use to scare me to pieces. If you don't mind an old fashioned remedy to try I can share it with you. When I was young we lived in a very drafty home and thus me and my sister always caught the croup. My Mom being a very wise woman made up a concotion that goes way back in her family. As aweful as it taste it truly works! Within a day or two our croup was always gone. I have given the same recipe to our children through out their childhood.

Recipe: Cut large onion in 1/2 On a saucer pour about a 1/4 cup of sugar on it. Lay the onion face down in the sugar and cover for 24 hours. Next day take a teaspoon of the liquid. Repeat as needed through out the day. That night repeat with new onion and sugar for the following day.

I know it sounds aweful lol and it is! But it works Ü.

Well, enough advice for one day Ü. I hope your evening will be well for you.Please come by and say hello at my AOL journal.

Blessings,
Donna
http://journals.aol.com/ladymagnolia1963/ladymagnolias-daily-blog/

Anonymous said...

Charisse,

i'm sorry to see things have been going unwell for you. I hope things are better for now. I know how you don't look forward to the IVIG and I hope the side effects won't be as bad next time. I had no idea all this was going on as I've been swamped at work and unable to keep up with e-mails.

Best wishes,
John Hanna

Anonymous said...

These are the most comforting verses and some of my very favorites. Praying!!!!!!!!!!!
Romans 8:26-27 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

Anonymous said...

Hey momma. I just wanted to let you know we leave tonight for NY. I am so scared to leave my babies but excited to go see a Yankee game at the same time. I'll be thinking about you and I will write when I get back on Monday. I hope Isaac's appt. goes okay and the permanant tooth isn't affected. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Hi Charisse. I am still praying for you to find the answer to the headaches. I have them occationally and they are not fun, and I know it is harder on you since mine are usually from caffeine withdraw. Yes I am a caffeine'oholic, Ha! I hope all went well with the dentist and Isaac's tooth. Praying for him too, along with a prayer for him to get over the croup. Also praying for Alan to have the strength to deal with it all, as I know that when something happens in a family, the husbands(fathers) and rest of the family needs some lifting up as well. Take care and know you are being lifted in prayers from all over.
Love ya,
Judy

Anonymous said...

This verse has such deep meaning. The Lord always has a reason for whatever He allows to happen. He's always there working! Know I'm continuing to pray!!!!!!!!
Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Teresa said...

Hi Charisse,

I hope you feel better with the headaches and mouth ulcers. I am nervous for your next infusoin too! I sure hope they figure something else out for you. You know, you sure have to deal with a huge amount of pain a lot. That has to be soooo difficult!

I'm sorry about Isaac's tooth. I understand! Emma chipped both of her two front teeth. They are fake now, but they aren't too noticable. It wasn't fun at all. The x-ray they did wasn't too fun either. They wanted her to bite down on the little thingys and they had me hold her mouth shut even with her screaming. They promised it wouldn't hurt her, but when we took out the thing, it had cut her mouth and she was bleeding. I was really upset! I won't be doing that again. We will be gentle. Anyway, I'm sure things will go well with Isaac since he is older and can tell you if it hurts or not and you have no problem standing up for him! I hope it all goes smoothly and you can figure out what is going on.

Sorry for not emailing yet. I need a secretary. I have endless emails to respond to. I will try soon. Thank you for your supportive comment on Emma's site. It means a lot;-)

Better run - have a fussy baby. Oh, and I hope croup gets better. My little sister used to get that and it was so scary!

Love,
Teresa

Anonymous said...

Still here praying!!!!!!!!!!
Psalms 50:15 And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.

Anonymous said...

Praying. I too suffer from headaches and know how
miserable they can make you feel. And poor Isaac
with
his tooth. Please let me know how the dentist
appointment goes for him, and I hope you are able
to
find someone who is able to help you with massage.
I
love you heaps and I'm glad Isaac's croup has resolved
itself. Take care, and please know you can write
or
call anytime you need a friend.
Yes I know our time zones are
drastically different but I also realize that when
you
are going through an anxious time sometimes you
simply
need someone who is willing to listen. Take care
and
I will be praying for you and look forward to
hearing
from you again soon. Hugs, Jennifer