Monday, July 9, 2007

Hi from hospital

Greetings,

I have an IV in my right hand, hense I am unable to type.... so i am sitting in my bed like a queen dictating to my husband what he should write in my journal. (giggle giggle)

Last night was a horrible night. As soon as we arrived at the hospital, i just wanted pain relief. the pain was so overwhelming, all i could do was rock... and demand!!

I didn't have an IV in then, so the nurses brought a sub-cut butterfly (small temporary line (needle and line) and put it into my tummy and gave me some fentanyl, which DIDN'T releive my pain. I spent most of the evening in severe pain with Isaac marching around the hospital, talking at the top of his voice (or so it felt).

I tend to feel embarassed to tell the nurses how badly i'm in pain. Alan helped me to tell them and eventually they rang the doctor and up'd my dose of fentanyl and gave me other digesic. It was the fentanyl that helped me to control the pain. They also put an IV in, and I've had 2 litres of IV fluid.

I'm feeling more hydrated now, and have 1 litre of IV fluids to go. I'm able to eat and drink more and obviously feel a little bit better today.

The doctor has put me on a pain protocol, that we are trialling overnight and tomorrow. If this works, I get to go home tomorrow night.

The doctor is also booking me in for a MRI scan in the next couple of weeks to rule out any nasties. My last MRI in February was totally clear, so we have a baseline now.

they took bloods yesterday, and the results show all clear of infection. In fact I was surprised and pleased to see that my platelets have doubled since my last count (i prefer not to share the actual blood counts online - private)

That is all for tonight. I have more funnies to share but will share them when i can type, and am feeling better at home.

Love you all
Charisse

(and Alan the typist!!)

7 comments:

Teresa said...

I was wondering how you were doing! Sounds like a pretty awful night. I'm glad you were able to get some pain relief and start work on figuring out what might be causing this. I hope the MRI ends up normal...and that somehow they can figure out what is going on. Am I understanding correctly that it is a reaction to your infusion you have every 4-6 weeks? We'll be checking back for more updates. Hope you feel better! Thanks, Alan, for typing the update;-)

Love,
Teresa

Anonymous said...

My prayer are coming your way.

Hugs,
Judy Coker

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about the pain you are in. Please know that I am praying for you double time, until you get out of the hospital and back home feeling better. May our Lord and Savior bless and keep you my dear friend.
Judy

Siouxsie said...

I'm happy to hear your platelets are improving. I hope they work out a really effective pain regimen for you so you can get a break. Take it easy & tell your sweet husband/secretary that he should consider a new career as a typist. :-)
Love & prayers,
Siouxsie

Anonymous said...

Praying so that they can figure this out and get you relief!
I chose this verse today because it shows the infinite care God takes in our lives. Lifting you up in prayer right now!
Isaiah 65:24 And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.

Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling better soon Charisse.
See you soon for a catchup... I wanna hear those funny stories...hehe.
Take care,
Love Ange.
xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Charisse,
I am glad you are feeling better!
Hope you are out of hospital soon and back on top of things!
Sending my love,
Brooke