Saturday, April 18, 2009

Tonsilectomy

Hi All,

well, the paed agreed that the sleep apnoea theory sounds correct. So I took Isaac to the GP and got a referral and we spoke to the ENT office where I go for FA screening and they have someone there who does children. Isaac has an appointment to see him on Tuesday afternoon and they have already booked his surgery to take the tonsils out on Wednesday coming on the 1pm list. Isaac will stay at least one night in hospital. This is big for Isaac as he freaks out over things with hospital. I think memories from being a premie baby. He had to go through a lot and had heaps of tape on his face and as a result is overly terrified of hospital things and bandaides and so on. We have had some good chats though. Isaac said he is nervous and a bit scared but he seems to understand why he has to have a tonsilectomy and that it should make him feel much better. He seems comfortable that nurses like mummy will give him pain medication to help with it hurting. The IV drip is something we are still working through. He is terrified. Tonight it seemed like he might allow it without kicking up a fuss. We will talk more about it though and help him see why he would need it.

So that happened all so fast. I managed to switch my nursing shift from Wed when Isaac's surgery is to Friday. So that is good.

Mum and dad go to Africa for 6 weeks on Tuesday. However, I am not worried as I have good support from Alan and our private nanny and my mother-in-law (other mother). Thanks Guys!

Well, I am going to bed. The paed said that we are hoping this tonsilectomy will solve problems by allowing him to breathe better and get proper rest. If his tiredness continues more tests will be done to find out why as it is unusual that he is so tired with 11 to 12 hour sleep at night. I thought I would also get his eyes checked to see if that could be related to any tiredness and lack of concentration. This will all get worked out.

Thanks for your support! Everyone.....thanks.
Love Charisse

3 comments:

Hannah said...

We'll pray for little Isaac - for safety and peace of mind as well. My little one had a simple dental surgery in a hospital when she was 18 months, and still freaks out over bandaids, tape and needles, so I understand.

And prayers for momma too. Hang in there!

Love you website look too, btw. :)

Anonymous said...

I'll pray that Isaac's procedure goes well. I hope it solves his tiredness issues! Wow, it has moved pretty fast, but it's good that he can have it done now, because it will help him in the long run. Love you guys!
Leah

Anonymous said...

Hope all goes well with the surgery!
Continuing to lift up prayers!
Psalms 119:49-50 Remember the word unto thy servant, upon which thou hast caused me to hope. This is my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me.
Prayer BearsMy email address