Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Surgical Update!

Hello All,

I thought I would update you on the abdo port surgery. We managed to get hold of the haematologists at the women's and children's hospital where I was diagnosed with FA and spent most of my "medical life". We also have good contacts there with Fanconi Anaemia Australia and the doctors. They recommended a Private Paed Surgeon to me. It just happened to be the first paed surgeon who my adult oncologist recommended for the abdo port in the first place. What happened was...the adult secretary rang to book me in with the paed secretary and they asked my age and since it was 30 they closed the door right there. This was a couple of weeks ago.

Isn't it always the way that if you do the ring around yourself you always get a bit further with the doctors? Alan is a good ring a rounderer (I know, not a word :-) ).

Anyway, so this is the same paed surg. However, Alan rang and told the secretary who we are and all about the port issue and she was very compassionate and understanding. The paed surg got in contact with Alan this afternoon and said that he is happy to do the surgery on me and insert the abdo port. He does it all the time and it isn't complicated! He said I can have it where ever I want, as long as there is some rib there to anchor it! This is great news. Alan says he sounds very nice. He knows what he is doing and it is no problems. So he told Alan what to say to the other adult surgeon when he rang ton cancel that surgery. I really wanted that other surgeon to know how he had made me feel. I think he will understand how I felt with the change in doctor . For the sake of the adult surgeon too.....if he is not certain about the surgery then it is best that he doesn't try it. I know that he is apparently the best adult surg but he didn't make me feel very comfortable. I am sure he could do the surgery but I think it is better to go to the paed surgeon who is a pro at doing these ports....and my age doesn't matter! Yay! I am feeling much better about this.

So tomorrow at 2.15pm I meet this paed surgeon and find out my new surgery date! Praise the Lord!

Love ya all,
Charisse

9 comments:

Momma Bear said...

Now! I feel better too!!!!!! HAHAHA!

God is sooooo good!
Blessings and Bear Hugs

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy that you feel better about your surgery and that you got it worked out to have the surgeon that you wanted and that was recommended in the first place. Our prayers have been answered. Praise the Lord! Thank you God!
Judy

Katie W said...

I can't believe what you've gone through with this. I'm so glad you're feeling better about things, because it really sounds as if things are working out the way they are meant to be and that all will be well. Please keep us posted on what happens.
Good luck!
Katie

Jennifer said...

Charisse, black Friday is what the day after Thanksgiving is called because pretty much all retailers have huge sales and offer what they call "doorbusters" at like 5 am. The crowds are crazy that day. The doorbusters are items at steep discounts, but they only carry a limited amount of them, so everyone gets there really early and scrambles to get them. I think this is just a U.S. thing.

Siouxsie said...

I'm so glad you were able to get something worked out that will be what you want. Too bad it didn't work out a bit less stressfully but thank heavens it got there eventually. Best wishes on all going well, as I'm sure it will. Love,
Siouxsie

Hannah said...

Yeah! I hope the blessings will continue for you all season long.

My hubby is a good "ring-a-rounderer" too. Much better than me at such things. :)

Lynn said...

Stopping by to let you know I'm still here praying!
Psalms 34:4-6 I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears. They looked unto him, and were lightened: and their faces were not ashamed. This poor man cried, and the LORD heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles.
Prayer Bears

Teresa said...

Glad you got it all worked out;-) We'll be thinking of you as you go through this. This one sounds much more comfortable for sure!

Hugs/Love,
Teresa

Anonymous said...

Know that I'm always here praying!
Psalms 34:15, 17 The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry. The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.
Prayer Bears