Monday, December 8, 2008

Date of Surgery

My visit with the paed surgeon went very well. He is really nice and reminds me of my haematologist who went to Canada a while back.....who is back in Australia, Adelaide, next month! Yay! Anyway........got side tracked!

The surgeon is real nice and gave me all the risks and benefits of the surgery. He actually said that he has done this so many times he couldn't count! Ha.....he says he does both babies and people around my age and that the bigger the person is the easier it is to insert the infusa port. I think the adult surgeon just had no idea. Alan said when he rang to cancel the surgery with them, they were relieved. So I think they just didn't know. The paed surg said there were no extra risks than normal surgery.

So I will now get the port done on Friday the 16th January. It is nice that I am not having it before Christmas. Surgery will happen as scheduled unless there is a reason that pops up that delays it :-)

Thanks for your support and prayer.
Love Charisse

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Charisse,

Just a little note to let you know you are always in my thoughts and prayers

Michelle and Alicia

Katie W said...

Charisse-
What a relief to have that scheduled, and with some one who has a lot of experience doing it! I'm so glad you will be able to enjoy the holidays and then have it done after all of the fun.
Katie

Hannah said...

Sounds like good news for you. Praise the Lord! Enjoy your holidays!

Dianna's Momma said...

Charisse,
Glad to hear things seem to be going in the right direction.
Praying for you!
Take care,
Nanette Foster (Dianna's Mom)
https://diannasjourney.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hello my friend, so glad you are feeling more comfortable about your port and your surgeon. I think of you often, and pray for you daily. Take care my friend.
Judy

Anonymous said...

I was reading in Job last night and for the first time the words really hit my heart as well as my head. I could feel the agony Job was going through. Besides his whole livelihood, he lost all TEN of his children in one moment! His agony just flows through his words in Job, yet in the midst of all that come THE most beautiful Gospel. May these words comfort you, and know I'm praying.
Job 19:25-27 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.
Prayer Bears

Anonymous said...

Charisse, I'm glad you have a date for your surgery, and that the surgeon is both confident and competent. I'm praying that all goes well for you and for a smooth and swift recovery in January. Take care and love you heaps. Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Know that I'm here continuing to pray!
Psalms 31:1-3 In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness. Bow down thine ear to me; deliver me speedily: be thou my strong rock, for an house of defence to save me. For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.
Prayer Bears
Email Me

Teresa said...

That's really nice to have such a great doctor and YIPPEE about your favorite doctor coming back! How interesting that this surgeon is so comfortable with the procedure while the other one wasn't. I'm so glad you are using this one!