Sunday, December 28, 2008

Lobethal Lights!

We went to see the Lobethal lights on the 23rd of December up in the Adelaide Hills. Darren, Alan's brother, and his fiancee, Angela, came with us. Both of them had never been to Lobethal at Christmas time. Angela had never been to Lobethal at all. Lobethal is a town in which almost every house lights up with Christmas lights during the Christmas season. It is beautiful. So here are some photos of one of the houses we went to. You walk through their yard and everything. These photos are done on my phone because I accidently left the camera in the car. All the lights you see are spread across their huge front yard!
This is actually a hot air balloon with reindeer in it .....hehe.....not a real hot air balloon....a fake one. It is real big in real life :-)


This is still the same person's house.




Haha! Santa in a helicopter. You can now see the front of the house behind this helicopter! In the distance are more lights......


Their front yard....it is bigger than it looks in the photo

More of their front yard. Heaps pretty in real life :-)


More of their front yard...and the house behind. In all their windows they had Christmas stuff. Whole rooms decked out with fake snow and Christmas trains and all sorts! Amazing!



See how big the front yard is?

We actually got there at about 7.30pm I think and they have a parade down one of their streets. It was light at that moment. It only gets dark here at 8.30pm right now. Here are some pictures of the parade. They make their own floats, I would say.......a very sweet and festive parade. Below is Uncle Darren and Isaac watching the parade. Alan and I go almost every Christmas to Lobethal. Isaac REALLY likes Christmas lights! This float is to do with the baby Jesus I think.


Wise men and their camels :-)


Shepards and camels? Hehe


A band...obviously!



I don't know what these are....but they are cute and funny and very festive!




Lots of balloons obviously.......very interesting......


Hehe...one of their own floats.....advertising may be? It is cute anyway.....


Haha! SA Ambulance!



As you can see the whole town is pretty much in the parade! This is another float to do with baby Jesus!


These are old baths made into trackters! Haha! Very creative!


A clown with a funny bike and beard!


Even a huge semi-trailer!




The back of the truck!



Angela, Darren, Isaac and I (nice shot I think!)



Hehe....indians!

On this trailer were little kids dressed as Angels :-)



Very festive.....giving out lollies!


Big motor Bikes!



Of course, the "Merry Christmas" sign!


The other part of the sign :-)



Their own Santa! I think his outfit is a cheap outfit, don't you? Hehe



Every night, Lobethal church puts on a live Nativity scene with real animals and people and a real, baby Jesus. Isaac enjoys watching this and so do Alan and I.....this is not my new camera taking this shot.....hehe. It was hard to get a good shot. There were SO many people watching and I couldn't hold the camera still as I held it up in the air! It was a sweet play. Nice Christmas Carols :-)
So the nativity play started at 8.50pm and then we went and drove around looking at lights. It was a fun night!
Well I hope you are not sick of all my photos because I have plenty more coming. If you miss out on an update and want to catch up, just scroll down. I am updating frequently with all the photos and things we have been doing. Tomorrow we go to the river with Darren and Angela and so I will video more and take more photos! I will update soon with Christmas Eve and Christmas Day! Haha! I just want to share all the exciting stuff with you all. I also want to update photos from our 10th wedding anniversary and the surprise party I threw for Alan! Haha....so I will try not to overwhelm you all but updating about it all is fun! If you missed the last update about our visit to Santa....scroll down for a peak....fun photos!
Medically, I had my annual ENT visit and scope which was totally fine! Coming up on the 9th of January I have IVIG and then the 16th I am having the abdo infusa port inserted.
Thanks for checking in!
Love Charisse

5 comments:

JAMAMUM said...

I love the Christmas lights too, Charisse. it is a magical time of year. What a lot of effort all those people have gone to!!
Amazing.
Love ya.
Brooke

Rebecca Rose said...

Wow! Lots of fun stuff!! Those lights look like so much fun and the parade too. It's always nice to have plenty of Christmas things to do and it looks like you guys had a really good Christmas!!

Siouxsie said...

The parade looks neat but those lights are stunning. I love Christmas lights! I'm glad you guys had so much fun. Now on to the New Year!! Love you guys!

Katie W said...

The Lobethal Lights are amazing and I can't believe that parade---sooo much fun. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun activities to really bring the fun into the Christmas season.

Anonymous said...

Know that you're always in my thoughts and prayers!
Isaiah 41:10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
Prayer Bears
My email address