Saturday, December 13, 2008

Isaac's Presentation Night AND Christmas Lights!

Hello All,
well the last few weeks have been really busy. Isaac has now officially finished the reception year at school and next year he will be in year 1. For those who are confused we have preschool or kindy when they are 4 and then reception or pre-primary when they are 5 and when they turn 6 they are in year 1. Isaac was in reception this year. He attends Tydale Christian School and I am very pleased with this school. They even had a Presentation Evening where the kids "graduated" from reception and were presented with a certificate. It was SO cute. It was held in a theater type room. Sorry the photos are so small and even blurry as we were up on the balcony and it was hard to get great shots. Below is a picture of what the whole stage looked like. The words say, "Christmas in Australia" because not only did the kids get awards but they had some special songs and stuff planned for the adults. Here is the school blanner. It says, "Tyndale: God's Truth Provails"
Here is the reception co-ordinator (or something) and the Principle of the School getting ready to give the awards. The Junior School Principle is at the podium.


One of Isaac's friends receiving his certificate.


Unfortunately this picture of Isaac is rather blurred but this is him receiving his certificate! Yay!!! The kids were so brave going out in front of the whole crowd because the theater was packed full of parents and grandparents! It must have been quite scary! As they walked out of the curtain, the kids already had their proper hand out that they had to shake with the Principle and us adults all had a little laugh. They were obviously trying to remember what hand to shake with and what to take the certificate with! We are SO proud of Isaac. I had tears in my eyes and felt so emotional! Haha! My baby is growing up into such a beautifully, handsome and kind boy! He is also a rascal!



This is how far away from the stage.....where we sat! However, the camera makes it looks so small and blurry. We were able to see well

The kids singing the songs they had prepared. This Presentation Night was for the Receptions to year 1's only. There were 3 reception classes and 3 year 1 classes and each class had prepared something to perform. They also sang all together, in costume, on the stage! They were all Australian Christmas Songs!


See the lady....well the teacher at the front facing them? She is wearing a red hat? Well Isaac is in the green facing her, in front of her with the green Christmas hat and the green tinsle around his neck. He is on the left of the little girl in the red who is standing directly in front of the teacher. Isaac was real cute while singing. I think he had a bit of stage fright at times!


Isaac and his groupee after the presentations and performance......cute



Good friends of Isaac who are in his class...


Isaac's best friend at school....showing their certificates! So cute!!!

Alan, I and Isaac. We are very proud of Isaac!

Anyway, those are photos or his presentation night. On to more photos! We have been very Christmasy at our house. We have our tree up and we have lights on our house which look great!
Off the topic, I entered in this photo because Isaac insisted that his horse eat with us one night and it was cute. It had to wear Isaac's Christmas hat and had fake food and so on. A night at the dinner table.....check out Alan's face......hehe......sorry this photo didn't have much to do with the Christmas tree and lights.

About 2 weeks after Isaac's birthday on the 8th, we put up the tree. It looks real pretty. This is it with the lights on in the room. Such a pretty tree with our Christmas train underneath!


This is it with the lights off....in the room that is. I think it looks gorgeous!



We always struggle to take good pictures of our light display on our house and in our garden. We have a little candy cain display in our garden. We call it the candy cain forest.....hehe...we have lights on our roof and lights in our window and in our bushes at the top of the house! I wish the camera was better or may be it is me......but in real life, our house looks real great! We have a town around here that lights up almost every house and it is beautiful. Alan and I like to joke that our house is a mini "lobethal"....hehe.....anyone living near us, you are welcome to drive by and check out our house!




These do not do it justice!

The roof lights and blue candy cains, window lights and our wooden poles .......

Is this a better shot?


The roof lights are all different colours but you can't see that here :-(


A far away shot.....still can't see our coloured lights except for our blue candy cains....oh well!


Anyway, Christmas is not far away. I have almost finished our Christmas shopping. All the main family are practically done. It is now just some extended family! Busy, busy, busy!
I had IVIG infusion on Friday which went really well. I am feeling a little wiped out today but ok. Mainly I have what I call "infusion flush" where my cheeks brighten up real red and hot. It has also happened to the top of my shoulders this time. Last night I had weird legs from infusion and today I just feel tired. Hopefully it won't get worse than that. Tomorrow I will know!
Ok, Alan and I are going to relax for the evening!
Love you all,
Charisse

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey lovey,
great entry... nice pics of house and isaac graduating... very exciting... only another 12 years to go of taking to school... making lunches... helping with homework... AAAAAHHHHH!!!!

Naa, it's cool. Can't wait!

Love you,
Alan

Rebecca Rose said...

I love all the lights, Charisse! Your tree is so pretty and your house looks great! When we moved to Oregon we had to get rid of lots of stuff including most of our Christmas stuff so we just have a little bit to decorate with this year but hopefully next year we can do more.

That thing at Isaac's school looks so fun and too cute! Sounds like you guys are having lots of fun. Oh and loved the photo with Isaac and Alan at the table with the horse. Too funny!!!!

Hannah said...

Congrats to Isaac! He's a very handsome boy.

Your home looks lovely...so festive!

Merry Christmas!

Siouxsie said...

Isaac is getting so big! I love your family photo and all your fun Christmas decorating.
And I'm always up for interesting conversations. I really enjoyed out last one.
Love,
Siouxsie

Katie W said...

Oh my goodness--those little green shirts with matching hats--how adorable!! Congratulations to him for such a big achievement.

Your lights are just gorgeous. You are so sweet to keep up with me. So far, no one else is sick, thank heavens! I hope it's gone forever from our house. :)

I do have one question for you. You mentioned all the songs were Australian Christmas songs. What songs were they? I guess I just assumed all the songs I hear are what everyone hears around the world, silly me.

I hope you feel up and at it and back to normal soon.

Love ya,
Katie

Teresa said...

I loved all the photos of Isaac from school! He looked so tiny and cute up there. He's such a sweet boy. I burst out laughing at Alan's face at the table - it's totally his normal expression (haha!). At least he wasn't peeking at the neighbors in his undies and falling down stairs. I don't think he'll ever live that down. The Christmas lights on your house look great. I think your tree is beautiful! I love looking at ours too. It'll be fun to have more decorations some time in the future. We don't have lights on the outside of our house! We're losers;-) hehe...

Love you,
Teresa

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Isaac!
Turn to our only refuge! Praying!
Psalms 62:6-8 He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved. In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God. Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.
Prayer Bears
Email Me

Jennifer said...

Your tree and house are gorgeous! What a cutie pie you have.

Susan said...

Hey Charisse,

I can't believe you have a blog now! I just went to your CB page to check up on you!

It's been a long time huh?

Hope you remember me, I'm Jordan's mom Susan.

Great pictures.

Are you living in Australia now?

Drop me a line, I'd love to hear from you.

Blessings...

Anonymous said...

What comfort these verses give. Always praying!
Psalms 37:23-24 The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand.
Prayer Bears
Email Me

Anonymous said...

Know that I'm here praying!
Psalms 86:4-7 Rejoice the soul of thy servant: for unto thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul. For thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon thee. Give ear, O LORD, unto my prayer; and attend to the voice of my supplications. In the day of my trouble I will call upon thee: for thou wilt answer me.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Praying!
Psalms 34:17 The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Praying in cold, snowy Seattle right now!
Psalms 57:1 Be merciful unto me, O God, be merciful unto me: for my soul trusteth in thee: yea, in the shadow of thy wings will I make my refuge, until these calamities be overpast.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Keep your eyes on the only true source of peace and strength. Praying!
Isaiah 26:3-4 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength.
Prayer Bears
My email address