Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Queen's Birthday

Hello Everyone!
It feels like a long time since I last wrote! Infusion went well a week and a bit ago. I had hardly any reaction except for my mouth flaring up a bit which is a normal thing when I have IVIG. Last week we had an extremely busy week. I am a born again Christian and do believe in the power of God. We had a series of crusades and meetings last week that we felt God wanted us to go to. It was great. A Pastor named Tim Hall was holding some meetings for 4 nights in a row. It was wonderful to just go and be at those meetings and feel the presence of God inside and out. Then Thursday night we went to another meeting and the power of God was amazing in that meeting. It was a great week.
Monday, just gone was a public holiday.....the Queen's Birthday. Of course we had no school. Alan, Isaac and I decided to go to Monarto Zoo. This is like a mini safari....you ride in a bus throughout huge enclosures where the animals run free. Cheetah, Lion, Wild Dogs (Cape Hunting Dogs), Hyena, giraffe, zebra and lots of other animals. Not as good as the African Safaris that I have been on when visiting my family in South Africa, but still fun and Isaac enjoyed himself thoroughly. Ouma and Oupa (my mum and dad) came too. It was a nice day with a picnic lunch, a tour on the bus and then to end the day....a camel ride. We thought Isaac would be way too scared....but he informed us that in no way was he scared and he even put the helmet on without any problems. So below you can see some pictures of Alan, Isaac and I going on our camel ride. It was fun, even though I felt nervous! I have been on quite a few but always feel nervous when riding some sort of animal!





Here is a picture of one of the giraffe on the bus tour through the zoo. This is a picture my mum took from the window of the bus. Yes, the giraffe was REALLY close to the window and looking in. It was great. Isaac loved how close the giraffe got. This is really how close it was! This is not enlarged!




Obviously these cheetahs are NOT real. Hehe. This is just some of the pictures they have posted around the zoo. Mum took a photo of Isaac and I posing....obviously...hehe





Another one....with a rhino.....NO NOT real! Hehe




I forgot to bring my camera but can imagine mum has more photos than just these ones that she sent me........
Mum and dad leave for Africa in a week from today...for about 6 weeks. They are going for Pastoral Ministry (yep, mum and dad are Pastors)...and for a part holiday to see mum's family since mum is South African. They will be going to different sections within Africa.......Tanzania and Mosembeak (sp?)
Anyway, no other news right now. Life carries on....trying to get some more shifts at work and more appointments...ah yes....another follow up haematology appointment on Friday....and then an ENT follow up and then a dermatology....in the next few weeks.
Update again soon,
Love Charisse





16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Darling

It was a great day. You all look terrific on the camel.

Lotsa love

Dad

Anonymous said...

Awesome giraffe

Love Dad

Siouxsie said...

Glad to hear your infusion went smoothly. What a fun day it sounds like you guys had. The pictures were great.
Love,
Siouxsie

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great time!
Lifting you up in prayer right now!
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you!
Psalms 94:17-18, 22 Unless the LORD had been my help, my soul had almost dwelt in silence. When I said, My foot slippeth; thy mercy, O LORD, held me up...But the LORD is my defence; and my God is the rock of my refuge.

Anonymous said...

Praying that the Lord would use these words to give you comfort and peace.
Psalms 23:1-6 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Anonymous said...

Know that I'm praying at this end!
Revelation 7:16-17 They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat. For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

Anonymous said...

My heart is so heavy tonight for all who are suffering. Praying!
1 Peter 1:6-9 Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations: That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

Anonymous said...

Continuing to pray!
Psalms 9:9-10 The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.

Anonymous said...

Stopping by to let you know I'm still here praying!
Isaiah 43:1-3a But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine. When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour...
ysyfexq

Anonymous said...

Lifting up prayers right now!
Isaiah 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

Anonymous said...

Find comfort in the Word! Praying!
Joshua 1:8-9: This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success. Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

Anonymous said...

Know that I'm here praying as always!
Proverbs 18:10 The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.

Anonymous said...

Still here praying!
1 Corinthians 15:54-57 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Teresa said...

Okay, I seriously thought you were posing by the cheetahs (real life ones). I was shocked. I thought 'wow, australia has some tame cheetahs!" hehe...

Loved the photos! They were great;-) I hope time goes by quickly and that you don't miss your parents way toooooo much! Hope things go well for them.

Love,
Teresa

Anonymous said...

Hello Charisse,
Funny story about Allen, but so sorry he was hurt. Hope your feeling well...I will write again now that school is out here and I might have a bit of time to read and write.

Miss you...