Monday, June 30, 2008

Head Lesion

Hi Guys,
Quick update! I went to the dermatologist today which is a routine check for me. A couple of issues were pointed out. I have had this head lesion for a while. It was cultured and had some evidence of fungal infection and so I was started on anti-fungal cream which seemed to help for a while. Then it started getting even more mucky.....seeping and oozing blood and quite painful. This has all be over the last 12 months. I finally thought something had to be done about it and so when I went for my routine check today, I showed the dermatologist. He took one good look and told me that he definitely thinks it is some sort of carcinoma.......skin cancer....and that it needed to be biopsied straight away. So after chatting a bit he did a biopsy and sent it off. I should know by Thursday at the earliest as to what type of carcinoma it is and what we want to do next. I have been reassured that it doesn't usually spread and cutting it out will solve the problem. He said that they would get me into a plastic surgeon because of it being on my scalp and all.

On my left hand I have also had this lesion since my first IVIG infusion way back when Isaac was 10 months old. It builds up with a scab and then bleeds and breaks down.....and then builds back up.....he doesn't think it is cancerous but could be changing to a cancerous lesion...so he wants to cut that out too!

Otherwise, hehe....I am clear of any other problems. Once all these lesions are removed, I should be fine and safe. That was my appointment.

Tomorrow I see the OB/Gynae about something.....hopefully that will go well.

Well, if you didn't catch the goss about Alan and his graceful fall down the stairs, please go to the entry before this one to read about his adventures. While it was sore, it also was funny. Love ya Al!
Love Charisse

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Charissy
Praying....for this new one

just wanted to encourage you....I believe you have changed and grown in the Lord....there is a maturity and strength as you face these "issues"....not saying you were immature before BUT it is changing...

I am so encouraged.......though we are struck we walk on, though we are beaten we face it bravely and march through it...you fight daily a battle most of us only fear. Go forward Warrior Woman, God is with you.

Love always your mate Cathy

Anonymous said...

Hope all goes well with the lesions!
Received this verse in an email today and thought it was interesting. Still here, still praying!
Isaiah 25:4 For thou hast been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat, when the blast of the terrible ones is as a storm against the wall.