Monday, May 26, 2008

Finally! An Update!

Hello All,
I am sorry for the delay in updating my blog. There has been a lot going on. I am one year older! I can't believe I am 30! I lived to thirty which is wonderful. I have not updated for a little while because of some dramas. I had a big scare with one of my tests but a re-test put that at ease. I found out about this the day of my birthday party and still was able to enjoy my party, but was a mess for about 4 days afterwards, including not falling asleep til 3 tp 4am each night. However, fears were laid to rest with this scare when a re-test was done.

I also had a routine breast and liver ultrasound which was normal and fine. I still have a gall stone but hey....suppose it will need to be cut out sometime when it causes problems. I have had it since Isaac was a baby and he is 5 now. It has gradually gotten a little bigger but is not causing any problems.

Yes, my party experience was enjoyable. It was at a cottage called Tally Ho Lodge. It was a beautiful evening with finger food of all sorts equal to the amount of 4 courses. It was evening wear. Every did very well in dressing up! I felt like a princess in my dress and with my jewellery. It was quite an experience. Mum does some professional type photography for a hobby and she took photos for us. I had a wonderful mud type cake with white chocolate on it. Below are some photos of the people who were there on the night.
This is Alan and I. I always look so small when I am standing next to people!Me! In my dress!
This is Alan and his brother, Darren.


Alan, his brother, Darren, and his mum, Denise (my beautiful mother-in-law)


This is my direct family: Dad (Ps Ralph), mum (Ps. Wilma), myself and my sister, Liesl




Darren (Alan's brother) and his partner, Angela.




My brother in law, Tim (Liesl's hubby) and Liesl, my sister






My Father-in-law, Alex and ME!!!!






My mother and father in law! (Alex and Denise)








My Dad and Mum! LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!









My beautiful Mum, myself and my sister, Liesl.....THE THREE GIRLS!!!









My Handsome dad and Me!!!! You looked so handsome on the night, Dad!










This is my brother -in-law, Jamie and Angela











Jordan, Alan's cousin and Me!








One of my really good friends, Leah and myself!










Another really good friend....or good friends, Laura and Rodney








Some more really good friends, Rachelle and Luke!






Excellent friends, Leah and Stephen!





Ps David and Ps Carol....also very good friends.






Good friends that Alan and I have known for years! Cathy and James! Thanks for coming guys. It was so special having you there.






Dear Julie and Leighton! They have 6 girls and my Isaac is for sure in love with at least 2 of them! Haha! It is cute.






It was a good evening and I do have more photos of just general hanging out. I didn't download one of the cake. Oh well. it is time to retire for the evening now. Tomorrow I hope to get to the pool and do some laps. I need to keep fit!
Bless you all and thanks for checking up on me. OH, I have IVIG infusion this Friday. Did I tell you that I did a short shift in the Emergency Room at my hospital. I am an RN...it was good.
Love you all,
Charisse



















17 comments:

Judy said...

Dearest Charisse, it is good to hear from you on your blog. From the looks of the pictures, you must have had a grand time. You are beautiful inside and out, and lucky too, my what a handsome hubby! I am so glad things are going good for you, and that the scare was settled in a good way and laid to rest. Take care my friend, and know I pray for you always,
Judy

Anonymous said...

Hi Charisse,
Nicholle and I had a lot of fun at your 30th birthday I was glad we could be a part of the celebration; even if it was a very scary drive haha. Good news about the re-test Im happy that it has all worked out ok. See you soon lots of love.

Jordan

Anonymous said...

Dear charisse,
Thank you for sharing these fabulous pictures of your party. Wow! You sure look snazzy all dressed up! I wish I could have been there to see you all in person! My favorite picture is that first one of you and Alan. You are a dashing couple! I'm glad you had such a splendid birthday!

I hope you'll post the other pictures that you mentioned of the happenings at the part, and of course, of the cake!

Thank you for sharing the news of your re-test. None of that was handled well at all by the doctors, but I sure am glad that the final results are good! And on your ultrasounds, too. Hooray.

take care,
rachel

Teresa said...

I loved your update Charisse! All the photos are great. It was fun to see each of them. Seems like you had a great time!! I'm so glad.

Hope you are continuing to feel better about things:-)

Hugs to you! Love, teresa

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures! Looks like you had a great time!
Know that I'm continuing to pray!
Romans 8:35-37 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

Siouxsie said...

What great pictures of what looked to be a great party. You definitely looked spectacular! Happy, happy birthday!
Glad to hear that the retest held better news for you. :-)

Anonymous said...

What wonderful pictures. It is so inspiring to see FAmily doing so well at 30. It gives me hope that Wesley's five years are just the beginning. Sometimes it's hard to foresee that far into the future for him.

You look beautiful and I'm so happy to see such big smiles. Happy Birthday Miss Charisse! Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Be comforted by the fact that God is praying for you!
Romans 8:26-28 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Anonymous said...

Oh how I'm praying!
Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Anonymous said...

Still praying in Seattle!
Psalms 78:35 And they remembered that God was their rock, and the high God their redeemer.

Anonymous said...

Know I'm still praying!
Isaiah 12:2-3 Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation. Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.

Anonymous said...

Still here, still praying!
Psalms 36:7 How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings.

Anonymous said...

Whatever happens keep your eyes on the Lord! Praying!
Psalms 27:14 Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

Anonymous said...

So blessed to be able to pray for you!
Psalms 91:1-2 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

Anonymous said...

Continuing to pray!
Psalms 91:4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

Anonymous said...

Still here praying!
Ephesians 3:16-19 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

Anonymous said...

We read this in church this morning. The whole chapter is so special. Praying right now.
Psalms 130:1-8 Out of the depths have I cried unto thee, O LORD. Lord, hear my voice: let thine ears be attentive to the voice of my supplications. If thou, LORD, shouldest mark iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand? But there is forgiveness with thee, that thou mayest be feared. I wait for the LORD, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope. My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning: I say, more than they that watch for the morning. Let Israel hope in the LORD: for with the LORD there is mercy, and with him is plenteous redemption. And he shall redeem Israel from all his iniquities.