Thursday, February 14, 2008

The truth about How I have been feeling

Hello People,
I wanted to be honest. I have had a horrible week. I have struggled so much with Isaac being at school for the whole day. I don't know how many people would think this is silly...but I know it has been a serious grievance for me this week. Today was such a bad day. I have felt yucky with the infusion this week....also had some girly issues, still sore in my belly as well. On top of that I feel totally alone when Isaac is at school. I don't know what to do with myself because I can't drive. Today I was totally alone. No nanny for most of the day and no Isaac. I don't know what is happening....whether my hormones have taken a dive because of events this week but I could not stop crying today...hysterical crying. It was disturbing. I bawled and wailed....I had people knock on my door and I opened the door and had tears streaming down my face. I had a phone call from a girlfriend/family and couldn't talk properly because of hysterical crying. It just kept coming and coming all day...I literally couldn't stop it. I felt so distressed over Isaac not being there....I felt distressed in general about lots of things. I really disliked my day. Because I cannot drive at the moment my nanny came at 2.15pm to take me to pick up Isaac from school early...he had a doctor's appointment. When she came in the door I burst into fresh tears only mins after the last ones and she hugged me tight while I cried noisily on her shoulder. We chatted a little and then went to get Isaac.....when I saw him my heart felt more normal. When I heard him say, "I love you mummy" I nearly melted. Then the rest of the day I was tired and achey from crying but feeling much more lighter and enjoyed being with Isaac and caring for him with my nanny. He had croup last week and has had the remnants of a bad cold since. He has a very congested chest and so tomorrow the doctor wants him to stay home from school. I was terribly worried about sending him today. I feel better knowing he will be home tomorrow. I really hope I adjust better to him going to school. I hope I don't feel like this every day......but Alan reminded me that a lot had happened this week which all came together and he thought that I just had to get all these emotions out to feel better....to vent all my thoughts and feelings....he thinks I will feel better about things after today. When I saw the doctor with Isaac he told me that I was not the only mother feeling this way....his child is one of Isaac's best friends and he has started school too. His wife has been feeling sad all week too....and the child's younger sister has been teary all week missing her brother at school...so there has been more tension and tears in their household too....he reassured me that for a woman....and someone who has so much on their mind....and the fact that Isaac is my only child....I will definitely feel very upset and emotional....and he reminded me that what I was experiencing was normal and his wife was going to call me.
I am sorry to dear Angela who called me and I was crying so hard.....all very confusing. Thanks for calling back Angela even though the phone calls were confusing.
Thanks to my nanny as well who helped me when I was also feeling hysterical...and thanks to everyone who understands the circumstances of the day and the week......
I just needed to share and get some encouragement. Thank you for listening.
Love Charisse

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

((((HUGGERS)))

Know the feeling! Hang in there it will get better!! :) You just had too much happening at one time! Love you bunches and hope you are feeling better soon!

Prettyfeet1000 said...

You are going through a lot right now with the recuperation and with Isaac beginning school. It will get better. I am praying for your peace of mind and for your quick recovery.

Anonymous said...

Charisse,
I am so sorry you are having such a rough time...It will get better in time...I was like that with Elisabeth and now thank goodness Kaylee will be making a arrival here shortly so my days will be BABY FULL again..LOL...Keep yoru chin up and love you....Love, Marci

Anonymous said...

My dearest Charisse, you are among many women every year when their child goes off to school feeling lonely and not knowing what to do. Don't beat yourself up, we all have these feelings. And you have so much more on your mind and heart that it is only to be expected that it be hard on you. Please remember that God made tears to heal our hearts and minds, and there is nothing wrong with crying at all. Tears of sorrow and tears of happiness are good for the soul. It will take some time to adjust, but I will be praying that God holds you in his loving embrace and helps you through these hard feelings and helps you to recover both physically and emotionally real soon.
Praying for you,
God Bless
Judy

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentines Day! I hope that things are looking up since you posted. We all have a bad day now and then. Maybe God is pulling you close to Him right now -- and showing you that you can't do it all on your own. Remember to look up when you are feeling down. :-) --Kathy

Anonymous said...

Dearest Charissy
My heart just went out for you today, it must have been so hard for you. For so long your life has had a beautiful distraction (in the best possible sense) and now he is not there as often....you would not be normal if you were delighted to "get rid" of him all day....you will in fact be downright ungodly and in the flesh if you enjoyed his going to school....your life is changing too just as much as Isaac's little life is changing.

Seasons.....there is a season for everything. Including Isaac going to school and you adjusting to it, I do know there is grief associated with kids going to school. I think it is a little akin to grief at not having anymore chn. Which I suffer from often.....so I gotta shed my tears, a have a cry it is right and normal...I think you would be abnormal if you did not.

I also think Al is right, what a couple of weeks you have been through....girl you are amazing. A major operation, recovery,organizing school, Isaac being sick, girl stuff.....Your tears and grief could stem from that....

You will get better, you will find stuff to fill your time.....remember the gift God has given you in worship and music maybe the piano is calling you (no pressure just a thought) ...There were some songs you were working on????

Dear dear Charisse seasons are just seasons they pass as surely as the sun rises and sets. You will see the sunrise on a new season.

I love you heaps. Take care always in my thoughts. Your old pal Cathy T

Anonymous said...

Its true my dear, there has been a lot of things and changes happening in your life especialy this passed week and its good to be open about it,and given all this, I believe that you are courageous about it.The more you are open, God shows up in many diffferent forms, for instance the nanny and the Dr's wife.You are also teaching us about the true feelings that people in your circumstancesar experiencing in their world.Cheer up, my sister,we are praying for your strength aqn complete healing.Flo

Anonymous said...

Am so sorry this is hitting you so hard....Continuing to pray so hard!
Psalms 116:6-9 The LORD preserveth the simple: I was brought low, and he helped me. Return unto thy rest, O my soul; for the LORD hath dealt bountifully with thee. For thou hast delivered my soul from death, mine eyes from tears, and my feet from falling. I will walk before the LORD in the land of the living.

Anonymous said...

Charisse,
I am hearing your pain with school! I have felt lost these last 2 weeks with Jasper MIA all day. You are not alone, call me anytime you need to.
I am thinking of you and hope you feel better soon.
Much Love
Brooke

Anonymous said...

Charisse,
I am hearing your pain with school! I have felt lost these last 2 weeks with Jasper MIA all day. You are not alone, call me anytime you need to.
I am thinking of you and hope you feel better soon.
Much Love
Brooke

Anonymous said...

Know that I care and am still here praying!
Psalms 34:1-4 I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul shall make her boast in the LORD: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad. O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together. I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.

Anonymous said...

Continuing to pray!!!!!!!!
Psalms 57:1-2 Be merciful unto me, O God, be merciful unto me: for my soul trusteth in thee: yea, in the shadow of thy wings will I make my refuge, until these calamities be overpast. I will cry unto God most high; unto God that performeth all things for me.

Anonymous said...

Know that I'm here praying!
Psalms 91:9-11 Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation; There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

Sean&Dorothea Sands said...

Hi Charisse its been awhile. I have been going through alot myself. thats why I haven't been able to update seans profile. by the way I am glad to know that your doing well. Seans platelets are down to 48,thousand which has me worried a bit, About a month ago or longer his platelet count dropped to 44,thousand. but he is still going on strong.
My littlest son Christopher is in school also. What grade is Issac in christopher is in pre-school, I am glad that he is its alot easier for me. well when you get a chance e-mail me
gin336s@yahoo.com
I still keep you in my prayers and I wonder how you are doing.
take care
Thanks Sean And Dorothea Sands