Monday, February 4, 2008

2 weeks post surgery

Hello All,
I have been home now for a week and it has been 2 weeks since my surgery. I am doing well. My wound dressing is off and it looks good. One side decided to kind of "pop" and so it is going to heal with a wider scar in the corner of my wound. This is also the side that popped when I had Isaac via c-section....a trend for this part of the scar. Hehe....no infection but some ooz. There is some fresh granulation tissue at that point of the wound...this is good. This is fresh tissue forming and growing and it is rich in blood vessels which is why it is oozing. So I just now cover that with gauze and betadine the wound morning and night. I don't like it when Alan does that. It is still very sensitive and sore. I am still on my pain meds and even though the pain level is going down it still doesn't seem that I can drop one of my pain meds....I must be patient. It is abdominal surgery and it takes a while to recover. I have not been able to do the normal things around the house and have felt a bit bored...things feel a bit tedious when you can't do your normal routine. I wish I could wrestle with Isaac and stuff....but I will be able to do that again once this heals.
Isaac had his first day of big boy school today and he had a wonderful day. He has already made friends and I am relieved about that. He plays with a little boy called Hamish. He is a sweet boy. Isaac and him met at the uniform shop a week before school and found out they were in the same class. So Isaac started today knowing that he already had a friend and therefore, was more confident. He looked great in his uniform...so cute. He is still my baby boy.
Well, that is the extent of my update. I am still too sore to drive or get around but can't wait til I can drive again. I have IVIG infusion this Friday which I am not looking forward to so much....feel too sore to sit on those chairs and have a reaction afterward.....hmmm.
Otherwise things are good.
Thanks for checking up on me.
Love Charisse

10 comments:

Judy said...

Hello Charisse! Good to know you are healing, and doing well. Have you been knitting? I thought about you this morning as I was knitting a shawl for one of B.J.'s friends. Isn't it something to have your baby start school. B.J. will start 9th grade next year, and I can hardly believe it. Take care my friend and know that I pray for you every day.
Your friend,
Judy

Anonymous said...

Hi Charissy, great news....Isaac at school, wow!! That is such a mind blower...I saw Kylie Pomeroy she could not believe that he was going to school..Saw the Pedders back to Philippines today. A bit sad we saw lots of them this time they were home (there base is Barossa too) So school has started back for us too. Yahh a bit of routine. So pleased you are feeling ok, always forward hallelujah. We are doing well, the Barossa are having 15 days of prayer and fasting so I am doing some stuff with the chn great way to start the year, I am putting you on my list for special prayer at this time.
I love you, and miss seeing you all each week, but God has no barriers in the Spirit love is the same even if we do not see each other for weeks or months!
Love your old pal Cathy

Anonymous said...

We thank God for your recovery, and decree that it be more expedient,without any complications.Its wonderful to have your baby starting school! How fast time can fly!Your infusion too wont have any reactions, this another year where we confess positively, and things are heading for the best.Take cae my sister.Flo

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're making progress. Way to go Isaac going to big boy school!
Stopping by to let you know I'm praying!
John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you my love! I can imagine the emotions whirling on your child's first day...I am yet to experience that...bitter sweet feelings. My girl has almost got over her cold and I will be able to see you soon. I have missed you but we always pray for you every night.
lotsa love,
sis

Anonymous said...

Hi Charisse,
You are such a trouper. It was so good to spend the day with you yesterday. Its becoming more difficult to stop you from doing too much. Good sign, though.

Praise God for good healing. More miracles to come.
Love,
Mum

Anonymous said...

Sorry I've been away from the computer for a few days. Still been praying but wanted to share such special verses that remind us all that much more importantly the Holy Spirit Himself is praying for each of us perfectly according to His Will.
Romans 8:26-27 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

Anonymous said...

Know that I'm praying!
Isaiah 61:1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound

Anonymous said...

Continuing to pray!
Psalms 46:1-5 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah. There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High. God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early.

Anonymous said...

Praying right now!
Romans 8:15-18 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.