Tuesday, February 12, 2008

School Time!



Isaac is completely beat! In dream land after his first 2 full days of big boy school! I missed him lots. I am used to having him all around me, all the time. Monday morning I felt so emotional. I was eating breakfast and burst out into tears and I cried. Not just weeping but full on crying. I felt like I lost my best friend. Isaac is my buddy and now he is at school. At least we still have Wednesdays together. That is his rest day off in the middle of the week. I didn't know what to do with myself when he was at school from 8.25am to 3.15pm but I know I will adapt...just adapting is difficult and I miss him. He helps me feel distracted about FA life as well. He is the normal part of me. He is a sweety and I miss him. All day you are caring for a little one and then all of a sudden they are not there for most of the day. I feel strange. He is having a good time. Although, when he comes home he says "I love you mummy" and "I want you mummy". He is so sweet. Alan took me out for lunch on Monday to try and distract me but that didn't stop the tears brimming in my eyes while I had lunch. Today mum took me out for lunch as well.....on top of these emotions has been "that time of the month", as well as the usual infusion reaction that makes me feel foul...and still recovering from my operation. So I have felt a bit overwhelmed. May be next week will be better. Thursdays I will not need a nanny anymore while Isaac is at school....except for emergencies and school holidays. So I am now free to see as many friends as possible on that day. I suppose I will start to enjoy the new routine....but I still miss Isaac. I think people forget about the heartbreak and the tears that a mother has when sending their child to school for the first time. Everyone becomes so excited but there are more emotions there in the mother's heart than you can ever imagine.....especially when you have things like FA to think about.....I am not ready to be a mum with all my kids (one child) in school yet

There are some cute things about Isaac being at school though. He has homework every night and I took a picture of the homework he has been given. They are starting from scratch since too many children don't know as much as they assume.....when coming from preschool.





So they have started with counting from one! Hehe. Here is a sample of Isaac's homework........count from 1 and colour one teddybear and practise writing the number 1 and draw one apple. I think the homework is cute and Isaac knows his numbers well so he is feeling so confident!





There are some other sample of homework here somewhere....he writes his name at the top and writes it really well.

Today I woke with sore glands and a stiff neck....definitely infusion reaction from last week. So I have felt a bit foul. Nothing too exciting to update on at all. I have a GP appointment tomorrow.






Sorry about the photos being out of order...anyway, I thought the homework was cute.

To other issues. My wound is healing really well from my surgery. My next hurdles before I do anything else is a bone marrow biopsy/aspiration and head and neck cancer screening MRI. Then I can get on with planning my year.
I am sorry I don't have much else to report on....just thought Isaac's homework was cute.
Bless you all and have a good night.
Love Charisse










































6 comments:

Siouxsie said...

Hi, Charisse! I haven't seen a picture of Isaac for quite a while and I can't believe how big he's getting...and so adorable. I guess this is just one of those time that we can see the downside of them growing up. It's so exciting to see them do it but so hard for it to be happening. I hope everyone feels settled in soon and that you keep feeling better. Lots of love from Texas!!

Anonymous said...

His homework is really cute,and he really is like a dream come true.Its like only yesterday when he was a tiny little boy, now he writes his name perfectly!I'm happy for your recovery,and I believe that lots of positive things coming your way this year.As soon as you get settled with your new program of a mother with a school-going big boy,you'll have lots of fun.Cheers!FLO

Anonymous said...

Still here, still praying!
Psalms 50:15 And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.

Charisse said...

Hmm...thanks everyone. Sorry about the huge gap at the end of my journal and the last photo! I didn't realise I had that photo there....I was a bit vague when I posted this post last night!
Love Charisse

Teresa said...

Hey Charisse! First off, here's a big hug to you for all those sad feelings you are feeling. I can only imagine what you are going through. I do hope you adjust and can enjoy the time you have while he's in school. I think you'll always miss him though. You are such a sweet momma.

I LOVED seeing his homework. I thought the way he writes his name was adorable. It was fun to see what he is doing for his homework. I just realized that Isaac is a month younger than Emma but he is in school already. Emma wouldn't be in school until next school year (Aug/Sept sometime).

Anyway, keep showing his homework! It is too cute;-)

Hope you feel better from everything...lots of love!

Anonymous said...

We read this psalm at our Lenten service tonight. I wanted to share a portion of it with you. Praying!
Psalms 116:1-5 I love the LORD, because he hath heard my voice and my supplications. Because he hath inclined his ear unto me, therefore will I call upon him as long as I live. The sorrows of death compassed me, and the pains of hell gat hold upon me: I found trouble and sorrow. Then called I upon the name of the LORD; O LORD, I beseech thee, deliver my soul. Gracious is the LORD, and righteous; yea, our God is merciful.