Friday, March 27, 2009

Our New Kitten Bella

Ok, hi everyone,
it has been a little while since I wrote. I just couldn't be bothered! Sorry. I have been really busy! I have been lap swimming and helping my sister from time to time, being a mother to Isaac and enjoying our new kitten, Bella!

We got her two weeks ago and she was 7 weeks old. So she is 9 weeks old now. She has grown quite a lot in 2 weeks but is still SO small! You forget how small kittens are. Trying to keep watch over Isaac while he plays with his new kitten. He gets SO excited and she is SO little, I worry he will break her at times! So I have been busy trying to teach Isaac to be a good little owner. Bella is so sweet and very affectionate. She purrs like a tractor and she loves a good cuddle. This is good for Isaac. She was born into a family with little children so she is used to children but we still need to watch Isaac while he plays. The picture under here is of Isaac's areoplane that he made and Bella was his passenger in the back. Cute. Isaac had a walkie talkie thing on his head and was the pilot. This is rather an odd picture of myself. Must be the angle of the camera as I look out of proportion but Bella is asleep in my arms like a baby. I love baby things. When my sister in law saw Bella on Friday she said that the pictures make her look big compared to how little she is in real life. Bella is very little :-)
Bella on her first day at home....


Isaac's very first proper cuddle at home. His face says it all! He was very pleased :-)




I like this photo. Isaac's legs looks huge!



Bella playing :-)



She stayed in the bathroom for the first 2 or 3 nights and then was transferred into the laundry to sleep with Matilda, our 6 year old cat. They are still getting to know each other but Matilda is quite tolerant of Bella. Bella is now brave enough to sneak up on Matilda.


What else has happened? I had infusion on Friday. I was disappointed by my bloods and a little nervous at what my bone marrow biopsy might show this year. *sigh* I wish that counts NEVER went down! It's my platelets that seem to worry me the most. I keep plodding along though.
I have been dealing with lots of things. I have reached the stage where I want to work through the last moments of my brother's death and this means visiting a transplant unit with a social worker, being taken through and having this person talk me through feelings, smells, visions and anything else that seems to happen when I am near one. I haven't been through or close to a transplant unit since Shannon died 15 years ago. I know that God has brought me to a place where it is time to walk through the door to some more emotional healing so I am not bound by fear all the time. If I ever was supposed to have my own transplant, I wouldn't be able to walk through the door. However, even if I was not to ever transplant, I am bound by the fear of that last day with my brother and I need to face it and receive that healing from those painful and scary moments. I have been greatly encouraged by Delia's journey and her transplant and it has led me to think a lot about my brother and what happened and I have had a desire to deal with it. I think God has finally given me the courage and strength to go through this. I am really scared and nervous about this all. When I see my haem/oncol this Wednesday I will talk to him about all this. I hope I won't break down. I have never been able to chat about this stuff without, literally, freaking out.
Well, next infusion is in 5 weeks time. I will be interested to see what my IgG levels are then.
One more week of school left and then it is Easter and school holidays :-)
Ok, I am tired so I am going to go.
Update more later.
Love Charisse


3 comments:

Teresa said...

Your kitten is so cute! I love all the photos. Isaac looks so happy and cute.

Sounds like you've been super busy! Sorry your levels aren't doing what you want. It's difficult to not have control over something like that.

I think you are I credibly brave to go into the transplant unit and try to work through all your fears. I think regardless of whether you end up transplanting or not, it's important for you to be able to work past that. But especially if you do transplant that is super important to get past. You'll be in our prayers as you go through all of this!

I'll respond to your email soon. I love this phone! It makes it so easy and convenient to stay uptodate with people! I'm getting super fast at Typing too so I might even get a nice email sent to you one day...or I might use the computer.

Katie W said...

What a sweet little kitten! I hope she really helps you (and Isaac) heal more quickly.

Sorry about the levels. What an emotional roller coaster!

Love ya,
Katie

Anonymous said...

What a little cutey! I love kittens! Praying right now!
Psalms 27:13-14 I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.
Prayer Bears
My email address