Monday, March 16, 2009

Be Brave and Shave........

Greetings everyone,
well I have been feeling a bit better this week. I am finally starting to heal properly from the bowel episode and for the first time today, I had no pain relief during the day! Yay! I was able to walk more properly and move around. Tomorrow I will attempt to do my lap swimming. I also ended up having no infection even though I had a script for antibiotics just in case, I didn't have to use it and I am relieved :-)

I am starting to get used to our cat, Jerry, not being here. I still miss him greatly. We all do. However, it is getting easier. Isaac is definitely finding it easier and life is moving along. Isaac says he misses Jerry and mentioned calling the next kitten, Jerry....but we will discourage him from that I think. Our other cat, Matilda, has stepped up to the bar really. She has chosen to join us in the lounge room at night just like Jerry used to. She is more cuddly and on our laps and heaps playful. We have to get the scratchy pole out for her at night and play with some wool. She ran round and round the lounge with Isaac and wool on Saturday which is really different. We are enjoying her company! It makes things easier :-)

What else has been happening. Be brave and shave.....hehe. The Leukaemia Foundation has a huge fundraiser once a year. It used to be that you tell people you are going to shave off all your hair, they donate money to the cause, and on a certain date you shave! Well now this can include colouring your hair, waxing certain parts of the body or shaving! Since the Leukaemia Foundation does a lot of work for leukaemia and other blood disorders, it will also help FA even though they don't do work specifically on our rare disease, FA. Alan decided to partipate and he got some good donations. Alan chose to colour his hair, shave off his beard and wax his whole back! Yes, Alan has a hairy back....not disgustingly hairy but he has not liked it. So today was the day for Alan. I have provided some pictures. Here he is with a beard, shaving it off and the final product, without a beard. Then he went to the hair dresser for a colour..........
They convinced him to tint his eyebrows too....since he went from being light to a deep, chocolate brown colour....hehe. Alan having his eyebrows tinted below.

The the back waxing and Alan said it hurt A LOT! Apparently this picture was taken when it hurt the most! Hehe



His back without hair and red......

The final product. Alan looks SO different and I am not sure what to think. He still looks nice and not disgusting. He always looks so young without his beard! I can't get over the eye brows....hehe So well done, Alan...and for a great cause and you raised some good money as well! How cool would it be to have a fundraiser that is just as fun!!!! Haha!


So on to another topic. Just over a week ago I became a new Aunty to my 2nd niece, Elizabeth. Here are some photos of her just 3 days old. My sister tells me she looks like me. She has similar lips.......


Me with my 2 nieces, Eliana and Elizabeth, and my gorgeous son, Isaac


Me and my 2 nieces and my mum...



This is Elizabeth the day she was born......a bit different the the 3 days later at the top!

The day Elizabeth was born......we have similar faces



She was awake for almost an hour and a half, just looking at me.........she is beautiful. I am a proud Aunty.



Well, that is enough excitement for today. Thanks for stopping by! I will have more news later I am sure! I am off to relax with Alan!
Love Charisse

12 comments:

Cathy said...

Heee Heee Al looks young!!!! The beard is freaky......

Elizabeth is GORGEOUS!!!! I would be proud too....I reckon she has your lips too....

Lovely to see you on my blog now

Go woman of God

Love Cathy

Momma Bear said...

Who is that black headed young guy???? He looks totally different! Too funny! The baby is so precious! Love you mucho!

Blessings and Bear Hugs,

Teresa said...

Glad you are feeling better! The thing with Alan made me laugh! Holy cow I think Isaac and Alan look alike. I like the change. It looks good:-) Looks good the other way too:-) That's fun. He looks so different! Glad he's not disgusting to you (haha!).

Your baby nieces are so adorable, as is your little Isaac. Loved the photos, especially with you in them.

Jennifer said...

I bet that did hurt getting his back waxed! Your niece is gorgeous! Seeing newborns makes me sad that I won't have anymore, they are so precious!

Katie W said...

I'm glad you're feeling better.

WOW! Alan sure looks a lot different! I can imagine it's a little hard to get used to, but he looks great! And it was for a good cause....

Cute, sweet, little baby. I can't wait to see what she looks like when she gets older.

I hope you have a great day!
Love,
Katie

Hannah said...

That was a fun and cheery post! Your hubby looks quite different now, and quite handsome.
Aaahhhh, I love new babies. Can't wait for mine.
Lovely pics of you too!

Have a fantastic week!

Anonymous said...

Know that I'm always here praying!
Isaiah 55:6-7 Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

These words never cease to amaze me. Chronologically they were some of the first words of Scripture ever written...praying so from Seattle right now!
Job 19:25-27 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Rebecca Rose said...

Wow, you're hubby looks like two totally different people. The dark looks very good on him, most people can't pull off light hair and dark hair so well!

Your little niece looks so sweet. It's so fun being an auntie, isn't it? :-)

Anonymous said...

Know that I'm here praying!
Revelation 22:16-17 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

This is such a special hymn. Wanted to share it today. Praying!
"Rock of Ages, Cleft for Me"
by Augustus Montague Toplady, 1740-1778

1. Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
Let me hide myself in Thee;
Let the water and the blood
From Thy riven side which flowed
Be of sin the double cure,
Cleanse me from its guilt and power.

2. Not the labors of my hands
Can fulfil Thy Law's demands;
Could my zeal no respite know,
Could my tears forever flow,
All for sin could not atone;
Thou must save, and Thou alone.

3. Nothing in my hand I bring,
Simply to Thy cross I cling;
Naked, come to Thee for dress;
Helpless, look to Thee for grace;
Foul, I to the fountain fly,--
Wash me, Savior, or I die!

4. While I draw this fleeting breath,
When mine eyelids close in death,
When I soar to worlds unknown,
See Thee on Thy judgment-throne,
Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
Let me hide myself in Thee!

Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Continuing to lift up prayers to the only One who hears!
Psalms 27:7-8 Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me. When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek.
Prayer Bears
My email address