Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Surveillance, baby, blood counts, pictures

Hi All,
well I had bloods taken today to see how my neutrophils are going. I didn't ring for them this afternoon but will know in the morning as I have another procedure booked. I am having my usual surveillance of a hysteroscopy and a pap smear under a GA. It doesn't really matter too much if the neuts are lowish for these procedures but they needed to be checked anyway. I hope that the platelet count has recovered because they did a strange drop that has concerned me. I hate it how that happens. So far, whenever that has happened I have recovered but I get really concerned if a trend may happen. As I mentioned in my last post, I know that God is doing something in my life despite the physical manifestations of FA in my life. It sounds crazy but if I told you all the details about what God has been doing some of you would think it amazing and others would probably be not sure what to think. I press onwards in faith with what God has actually revealed to me and because of this I have hope. However, it still gets scary with this walk.
I am still very worried about my head where the cancer was removed. It is not acting normal so on the 30th I will be seeing the surgeon again to work out what is going on and that may need to be re-opened. May be they can do a biopsy first before re-opening to rule out any re-occurance of cancer. Oh dear. God has things under control but the way He works makes me feel confused sometimes. I must hold on to the clear promises He has made me because God does not give empty promises. I press onwards. However, I am human and clearly worried about things.
On a good note though, I am seeing the fruit of some promises that God made to me years ago and this is exciting because it proves that God is not full of empty promises and He keeps His Word. I am not going into detail but when the time comes I will tell you ALL ABOUT IT!!!

So please pray for my blood counts that have me really petrfied right now. I am holding onto God's promises!
Below is my beloved Isaac and myself! I think this is a cute picture which I took on my phone. We "adopted" a little boy from Africa through the Christian organisation, "Compassion". He is such a sweetie. Isaac thought that we adopted him for real, as in living at our house! He was so excited and talks all the time about being a big brother! Shame.....but we will be able to make a difference in this child's life. Isaac has already been writing letters to him and drawing pictures. I am yet to write my first letter and send some family photos and at the same time, send it in the post to our dear little 4 year old boy! God is good. It is great to be able to help other people. A new addition! Don't I look like a natural???? As I was holding her my heart felt full of love!
Ha! She is not ours! I wish I was able to annouce the birth of another baby of ours! I long to! Ha! My good friend, Rachelle, had her baby 3 days ago. A little girl. She already has a little boy. She is so gorgeous and today Alan and I went to visit and enjoyed a great chat with the parents. I was able to hold her pretty much the WHOLE time we were there! I felt like I was looking down on Isaac for she is so small...Isaac was smaller but her smallness reminded me of Isaac. How I long to hold another one of my own in my arms. It is one of my dreams again!


Ha! Isn't Alan a natural? Look at him chillin with the baby in his arms and on his knee! Yep, we would look good with another addition to our family! Congratulations my dear friends! Thanks for letting us hold your beautiful baby while we were there!

This is a cute shot. Check out the dummy or pacifier as said in the States :-) Alan you are a natural! Haha!



Well I thoroughly enjoyed time with our friends at the hospital. Rachel is so easy going and that is a credit to her. Both her and her husband are dear friends and I always have a great laugh with Rachelle! She cheers me up SO much no matter what is going on in my life and she encourages me in my dreams! She walks with us in our faith walk as well and I just want to say thank you.....and thank you for letting me cuddle your baby as it meant SO much to me beyond belief!
Well, I have to get up early tomorrow at 0630am. Rachelle is in the same hospital as me tomorrow. SO if she has not gone home after my procedure and I have woken up from my anaesthetic, I might pop in and see her :-) She said that would be fine.
My sister is due her baby in about a month and a bit. I will be an aunty again! So many people having babies. I know of 3 people who had babies this past week! Awwww.........tears in my eyes :-)
Thanks for the support and keep praying. We have some hurdles to get over while we achieve our dreams at the same time :-)
Love Charisse

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a natural... all babies LOVE me... it's the beard! I'm everyone's favourite Uncle (whether related or not). Yeap! doesn't my blue shirt look good, I quite like it... one of my favourites. Of course, I bought it because I slopped tomato sauce down the t-shirt I was wearing, but still for an emergency buy it was a great choice!

Try not to stress too much about your head, let's get it checked out and go from there. Tomorrow will be fine also (piece of cake).

Love you again,
Alan

Anonymous said...

Hi Charisse,
Psalm 20 is a good one. Here is from v. 20
Now I know that the Lord saves His anointed. He answers him from his holy heaven with the saving power of his right hand.
Some trust in chariots and some in horses,but we trust in the name of the Lord our God.
They are brought to their knees and fall, but we rise up and stand firm.

The strength, faith and abilities we have come from Him and are exercised in Him and thro Him.

We/you will rise up and stand firm by His grace and strength.

Praying and standing firm for you.
Love you sooooo much,
Mum

Anonymous said...

Dear Rissy

You are looking good girl, keep the dream, remember the prophetic Isaac!! Baby is gorgeous.....yes Al is very relaxed......as usual very very clumsy....and hairy looking!!!!!!!!!!

James grew a beard.....hmmmmmmmmm, we called it his wild prophetic look!!! Looked especially good when he was leading worship.....but it HAD to go!!

Love you, keep focussed and keep worshipping. Love you both Cath

Anonymous said...

Charisse, hold on to the promises God has given you. I know His promises seem far away at times, but they are still as true today as they were yesterday, and will come to pass.
Love you!
Leah

Anonymous said...

Continuing to lift up prayers!
Psalms 34:17-19 The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles. The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Jennifer said...

Awww, sweet baby. I pray that all your tests and appointments turn out well for you. What a blessing you are!

Lynn said...

Know that you're in my thoughts and prayers so very much!
John 14:1-3 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Lynn said...

Praying right now!
Nahum 1:7 The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Continuing to pray in Seattle!
Lamentations 3:22-26 It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him. The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Katie W said...

I read your post on Google reader and forgot to go to your blog to make a comment, so here I am--and only 6 days late!! You look sooo cute with that sweet little baby. I hope and pray that your things will work out the way they are supposed to and that you'll be feeling better about things in no time. Hopefully all of your tests will come back with good results.
Love ya!
Katie

Rebecca Rose said...

Have you found out any test results yet? I've been thinking about you a lot, Charisse and hope that everything is ok!
Love you.
Becca