Saturday, January 10, 2009

My Head

Hello Everyone,
well we have been busy here. It is still the summer, school holidays. We have 3 weeks more of holidays. In total, Isaac will have had 7 weeks school holidays at the end of all that! Wow! I have thoroughly LOVED having him home. Usually mums tell you that they get restless and tired with the kids being at home. I have not experienced this these holidays at all. Isaac has been so well behaved and we have done so many interesting things. Isaac is not ready to go back to school yet either. He has told me that. He isn't even bored! I hope that he feels ready to go back in 3 weeks. I want him home but he will have to start school in 3 weeks. I hope he feels ready!

So this past Friday I had my IVIG infusion and it went really well. I am not feeling too bad. Yesterday I felt rather shaky and I have a bit of a headache and leg pain but otherwise I am ok.

My head scar is healing up ok. I have been having a bit of trouble with it though. For anyone who doesn't know, I had a small, cancerous sweat gland tumor removed from there some months ago.....4 or 5 months ago. The top of the scar is still quite sore and I get a sharp pain that goes down into my head. About 1 cm of the scar there is very tender and seems to weep easily. It doesn't bleed but stuff builds up a little and then gets really sore and then feels moist and I can hardly touch it! So I told the doctor about it on Friday and he looked at it again. He said it is not acting quite normal. He is a head and neck oncologist. The rest of the scar is fine and healing well. Still a little tender but not untouchable. He is concerned something is going on there. He said that my scalp could be just really tender and delayed in healing with FA and stuff....or that there is a stitch still stuck underneath there causing this problem or that there could be abnormal cell activity going on again......the cancer. So he wants me to go back and see the surgeon to get an opinion and he wants to wait 4 more weeks to see if it settles and if it doesn't he would like the surgeon to re-open the wound to see what is going on. He said that this should be done to see if a stitch is festering under there as well....and in the mean time they would take a biopsy to check for cancer again. So re-opening it would be the key. That means another surgery which I felt a bit sad about :-(

So please pray for a good outcome there.

This Friday is my surgery date for the infusa port going into my abdo. Everything is organised and there is no reason why that shouldn't go well.

Now we have been up to quite a bit here with it being so hot. Below you can see Alan and Isaac taking a swim in my parents' pool! Lovely! We went on a trip to the Museum with Isaac's best friend from school. Both families.....ours and theirs went and it was lovely. They had a special expedition about dinosaurs on top of the usual museum stuff :-) Isaac saw this panda bear and has been sleeping with it and babying it ever since we got it for him.....so cute!
Here are the kids having hands on fun at the museum, learning about "digging" up fossilised eggs and stuff.


I think the expedition was fun! What a cool photo!


Just before New Years in 2008 we went to the river with Darren and Angela, Alan's brother and financee. It was a lot of fun. Angela brought her dingy which had a hole in it by my bottom and we paddled around in it with water up to our waists!! Haha....hence the look on our faces! It was a windy day and we had to work hard while rowing! I laughed a lot!



Alan caught a fish.......not a huge one. One of the kids caught the biggest but the fish got away. These are Carp which are a nuisance and so you cannot throw them back in even if they are babies....shame



Isn't this a beautiful shot? By our little cabin by the river?


On to other activities. Alan and I went to a friend's wedding. We got all dressed up fancy like...hehe.....I didn't realise this picture isn't so big!



Ha! Jumping back to the cabins at the river.....aren't they cute?



Ah yes, now jumping back to the wedding. All dressed up! Alan and I on the left.

My sister and I going to our friend's kitchen tea which was a High Tea, a couple of days before. I felt all prettied up then as well :-)

So that is just some of the stuff we have been up to :-)
Please pray for me as I have my port inserted and my head looked at. Life has been exciting and continues to be.
Until next time!
Love Charisse

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi love,
great photos, it's certainly been a busy but exciting couple of weeks. Will be weird when we are all back to our usual routine... I suspect this year will go quite fast!
Love you,
Alan

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry I have not posted in a while but I want you to know I read every entry and you three are always in my thoughts and prayers!!!!! Tell Alan and Isaac Hello for us and I hope all goes well with everyhting for you.

Michelle and Alicia

Rebecca Rose said...

You have lots of cute dresses! I love dresses.
I hope things go well with your head and such! Hopefully any more news will be good news!

Hannah said...

***hugs*** and prayers are headed your way this week. You look very pretty all gussied up for weddings and tea!

Momma Bear said...

Whooo hooo! You are beautiful as usual! Hang in there and know we will be thinking of you Fri!

Blessings and Bear Hugs,

Katie W said...

Oh my goodness Charisse! You've been through so much! I'll be praying for you that the port and the sore will all turn out okay. I loved the pictures!
Love,
Katie

Judy said...

Charisse, I love the pictures, and I am glad you all have been having a good time of late. I will be praying for your port surgery, that all goes well and that it will save you from a bunch of needle sticks other places. And praying the site on your head is just a problem with a stitch or something easily fixed. Take it easy, and God Bless

Anonymous said...

Hope you get good news!
These words never cease to amaze me...praying so from Seattle right now!
Job 19:25-27 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Praying right now!
Isaiah 40:28-31 Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding. He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Hi Charisse, loved the photos they looked great.. good to see you enjoying your christmas present haha i hope to see some hilarious home videos sometime. Good luck and best wishes for the new year ill see you soon.

xx love Jordan

Anonymous said...

Stopping by to let you know I'm still praying!
Micah 7:7 Therefore I will look unto the LORD; I will wait for the God of my salvation: my God will hear me.
Prayer Bears
My email address