Thursday, January 1, 2009

Our 10th year wedding anniversary, final pictures of Christmas Eve and Day 2008!

Well it is the year 2009! Happy New Year again! I am recapping on some things that happened in 2008 and some final Christmas pictures.
One exciting thing that happened in 2008 was on December the 19th! Alan and I had our 10th year wedding anniversary! Yep, 10 years!!! I was 20 when I got married and Alan was 21. I am very proud of our 10 years. Not many people make it to 10 years these days........and we are no normal couple with the stresses of FA at our door step all the time. I commend Alan and am very grateful to him for sticking around throughout the hard times with FA. It should come naturally to any spouse but sadly, it doesn't and many people don't hang around. Well my guy is extra special. He takes care of me all the time and stands by me when FA gets tough. I love Alan with all my heart and I want to thank him for 10 wonderful years. I would never want to be married to anyone else. I want to grow old with him. We have had many challenges together like Isaac, our little boy, being born 13 weeks early. We spent 3 months along side Isaac's humidy cot while he was in hospital "cooking" some more so he could come home. That was a tough period but worth while! We have gone through many bone marrow biopsies together and scary results. We have endured the diagnosis of a small, serious, head tumor that was cancerous and had it removed. Alan stood by me in 2007 when I was seriously sick and hospitalised with pneumonia.......as you can see we have had plenty happen. We have had wonderful things happen as well though. Alan is my best friend. I have enjoyed all the laughs that we have had.....and will continue to have. I have enjoyed going to the movies together and having romantic evenings! I have enjoyed our family holidays and outings. I am proud of what we have achieved as a couple with Fanconi Anaemia Australia. Alan has put a lot of time and energy into FA Australia to get it to where it is.....our first camp last year was a real milestone. Overall, I have enjoyed being married to Alan and look forward to more crazy and exciting moments with him.....hehe....Thanks Al!

So I actually planned a surprise gathering for him in his honour on the night of our anniversary. My cover was that we were going out for a romantic dinner together. Then we were going to walk by the river and come home for a nice night together. Meanwhile, he did not realise that I was planning a surprise party. I contacted all his friends and my friends.....people who are significant since we got married. Once Alan and I left for dinner, I told both parents and they came over to set up for the party. I had ordered a cake and had made a "photo board" of our journey together as a couple. They set it up for me. Alan and I actually did go out for a romantic dinner and a walk by the river but I had to get him home by 8pm for the surprise party. It was difficult....hehehe.....because I didn't want him to know. One of our friends, hehe.......even rang Alan's phone and asked if they were supposed to be at our house for some anniversary thing! Haha.......if you are reading, you know who you are.....hahahahahaha!!! Alan thought he was pulling a prank! Hahahahaha! I managed to get Alan home at 8.30pm and he got a BIG surprise! Haha! He said it was his first surprise party! Haha! I haven't got the photos from the actual party yet. I need to get them off of mum. However, Alan and I took some photos of ourselves while walking down at the river where Alan presented me with a beautiful bracelet with some diamonds in it :-) See our photos below!








In case you have not noticed.....I rather like wearing this dress :-)


This is the photo board that I made for Alan. The journey begins. It is hard to see but the first number of photos are of Alan and I at my 19th. We were just courting then. We went to see the Phantom of the Opera......then our engagement, my bridal shower, the wedding, the honey moon, our first Christmas on our honey moon, our African holiday, with child, Isaac born and now.......



I took a photo of this photo on the photo board.....haha! I am 19 here, Alan 20....we were going to the Phantom of the Opera together!


You can't see this very well.....another photo of a photo because I couldn't be bothered scanning :-) This is us kissing at our engagement.


The picture of me holding the cat is one of my only pictures while I was pregnant! The others messed up! What a shame! Also you can see one of Isaac when he was born. He was only 27 weeks gestation when born.....so tiny!



We were on our honeymoon when we had our first Christmas. In the Flinder's Ranges here in Australia!

My 30th birthday party down on the right.....in our formal wear!


The board again....

Ok, I never got to post our Christmas Eve and Day photos. Here is the cubby we got Isaac all "wrapped up"....hehe. He loves it!


Christmas Eve......the cat's Christmas Tree, their presents and Santa's milk, cookies (eaten) and carrot....hehe



Isaac sleeping! I did move the snuggly from his neck. It wasn't wrapped around. He was VERY asleep!


Our stockings hung up! Isaac's is very full! We just had lollies....that's all we needed :-)



Christmas Eve......Isaac goes to bed...no presents.....he wakes up in the morning......presents!!! I used to love that about Christmas morning and still do!!!



Christmas Day photos are out of order. This is Alan's Aunty's house. His family was there for Christmas Day. We went there for Christmas tea or dinner. It was a warm day and Isaac and Alan went in the pool with Alan's cousins

Me....in that dress again.....at Alan's family's house


Uncle Darren.....Alan's brother....I think this is a sweet shot....he was being silly though..hehe



Aunty Angela......Darren's fiancee...nice shot :-)



The Fam!



Me with my Christmas present.....a video camera!


Over the last year or so, Nanna (Denise) and a whole lot of other family members have been knitting Isaac a big blanket . Nanna gave it to Isaac this Christmas because it is finished! It looks great!


Alan's mum (Denise/nanna), myself and Alan



Now this is my parents' house. We were here for Christmas Lunch. They also have a pool. Isaac got a radio controlled boat for Christmas from my mum and dad. I was having a go at "driving" it! Yes, yes, I promise that Isaac drove it the most!

Christmas Lunch! Doesn't it look yummy! Seafood!


Isaac and his radio controlled boat!

Isaac having his lunch!


Isaac and Eliana (cousin, my niece) laughing and shouting something like, "Presents, presents" Haha!



Alan and I by my parents' Christmas Tree!


Isaac posing. He is cute.




Now this is at the beginning of Christmas Day. At our house. Alan in his PJ's .....hehe......he got a GPS for Christmas from me :-)


Isaac setting up a bigger and better track with him new Thomas accessories that he got for Christmas!



Isaac and his Thomas accessories that he got from Alan and I and Santa for Christmas....haha There is Rollercoaster Moutain, a railway crossing for cars and extension tracks.....




Opening presents



Transformers! Thanks Aunty Jacqui!



This is the railway crossing that Santa got for Isaac. For weeks and weeks up to Christmas Isaac didn't know what he wanted and he said, "you decide". So I did. Then we went to see Santa a week or two before Christmas and Isaac asked him for a railway crossing where cars can cross over to add to his Thomas Track. Ever since he asked that day he kept mentioning it every day. He would say, "I hope I get that crossing for Christmas..." Well we looked everywhere for one! Ha! We couldn't find one. We went on the net and everything was in the USA or UK and would not ship to Australia. Then we went to e-bay and guess what......?????? There is was!!!! New and not used and right around the corner from our house....kind of! Haha! God was kind to us and answered our prayers.....so Isaac got what he asked for! Haha!


Well, I hope you enjoyed the photos....they were backwards. That closes Christmas for last year (how weird is it saying that????)
Happy Anniversary for another year.....11 years at the end of this year.
We did go on holidays to the river for a couple of days. I have some photos of that too.......so more posts to come!
Medically, I have infusion coming up this Friday and my infusa port surgery the next!!!
Love you all,
Charisse

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! It's a major one! Making it into double digits! Congrats!
Hope only in the Lord! Praying in Seattle!
Lamentations 3:22-26 It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him. The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD.
Prayer Bears
My email address

JAMAMUM said...

this is a great post, charisse! you are sneaky with your suprise plans for your anniversary!
chat to you soon.
brooke

Rebecca Rose said...

That dress is very pretty on you, Charisse. Very good colors for you!

Happy Anniversary last month! It's so weird to see you guys young! Very cute. You guys sure have had a lot to go through together. It sounds like you definitely have yourself a wonderful husband. The surprise party you planned was a very sweet idea.

Lots of fun presents. Elliot likes Thomas too!

Loved all the pictures, very fun!

Jennifer said...

Wow, swimming on Christmas day! It is like 30 degrees here at Christmas time, I am jealous! Looks like you guys had a great Christmas.

The Wii fit is a "game" that you buy to play on a game system, the Nintendo Wii, it is a fitness game to help you lose weight, and comes with a "board" that hooks to the system that weighs you and helps you track your progress.

Katie W said...

Happy belated Anniversary!! Ten years is a great milestone. You looked sooo young when you married--haha you were only a year younger than me. :) I loved the surprise party/romantic dinner story. What fun! You sure have been through a lot in your marriage.

And your Christmas pictures were great to look at. So strange to think of Christmas being in the middle of summer. I'm so glad you found a train--my youngest boy loved Thomas too. By the way...you look fabulous in that dress.

Anonymous said...

What a comfort, knowing the Lord is holding your hand and there to help! Praying!
Isaiah 41:13 For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Continuing to pray in Seattle!
Psalms 27:4-5 One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple. For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Praying right now!
Psalms 4:6-8 There be many that say, Who will shew us any good? LORD, lift thou up the light of thy countenance upon us. Thou hast put gladness in my heart, more than in the time that their corn and their wine increased. I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Doesn't matter where you pray...just pray in true faith! Praying so for your family right now!
Jonah 2:1-2 Then Jonah prayed unto the LORD his God out of the fish's belly, And said, I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the LORD, and he heard me; out of the belly of hell cried I, and thou heardest my voice.
Prayer Bears
My email address