Friday, April 11, 2008

An Everything Update!!!

Hi All,
I thought I would take a moment to update my blog. I have been so busy. We are moving in about 9 days...hang on...let me count.....10 sleeps. We have been packing like crazy and finishing our back yard. We have had some surprises along the way. After doing our back yard the other week we found termites in all the leaf mulch! Ahhhh...how annoying. We have had no termites at all at our house and then after we do the back yard and plant the shrubs we discover this...well Alan did. So we had someone out to check our house. There are none in the house but the behaviour of the termites in our yard is odd...that is what we are told. They have taken a sample so that we know what to do next. There is a huge war going on. The black ants eat the termites. Hehe...I never knew that what they show in the "ANTZ" movie is actually true where the black ants go into battle with the termites. Anyway, they are trying to work out where they have come from. Apparently they could not have come with the leaf mulch because termites have to report back to their queen every 30 hours or something so they would all be dead! Also...we have been told that they like to be underground but they are fat and healthy and sitting just under our mulch! So...we will find out soon. No tenants yet for our house...we are renting it out. We will get this sorted...more money though! Ahhhhh!!!!!!


Also, I had infusion on the Friday last week and that went well. I have felt a bit anxious since then. IVIG can actually change the way I perceive things and I become more anxious but the reaction is starting to wear off now. I felt "OK" on Saturday and so was silly when I packed 3 BIG boxes to pack and then cleaned out the bathroom and our main room of junk. I exhausted myself and had a terrible time with infusion the next day. I couldn't pick up my arms and legs. yep, sounds strange. I was so exhausted and "infusionasised" and in pain that I was in bed for most of the next couple of days. I slept til 1pm and only managed a shower at 3pm on that Sunday. I felt sick and horrible for half the week. Hmm...I must remember to take it easy after infusion. I also pulled my incision area on my tummy and where I had the bone marrow biopsy/aspiration...I agravated that. Yep, I should have slowed down! Now I have paid for that physically. So I didn't really enjoy the first half of this week.

Isaac also got sick. He woke up on that Sunday that I was so exhausted..with a croup like illness. Alan had to sit in the bathroom with the shower going for him to get enough steam to stop coughing! So Isaac was home from school Monday and Tuesday. Last time he got croup it took him 2 weeks to clear up. However, Wednesday he was much better and off to school and then Thursday he seemed his usual self. He is now completely well.

School holidays for the next 2 weeks....term break. We will be moving but I am making sure Isaac has some activities for these holidays despite the business of moving. On Tuesday we will be going swimming. I try and lap swim on Tuesdays....I did do some gentle exercises in the pool on Thursday since I felt so sore...the warm pool was good for me. So I will bring Isaac with me to swim on Tuesday and mum will be there. We will take it in turns to swim with Isaac and lap swim. Thursday we are planning on going to the zoo with Isaac. Hopefully I will do ok. I should be feeling good. I always feel good the week after infusion reaction. We will make some play dates with Isaac's friends and MOVE!!!

Isaac had this beanie bear dressed as a hippo from the library at school. He had it for a week and then we had to take it everywhere and take photos and write a story in the book for the day he had library. Here are some cute pictures. They are so dark..sorry...I am not as good at taking pictures as Teresa (hehe..you seem to be SO good at it!!!!). Anyway, we went to see a friend who is quite unwell and in hospital. So we took a quick picture but we were in the shade...hence the darkness. This beanie bear came with us.
Then Isaac and Henrietta..the beanie bear's name......had some dinner together. Nothing like fish fingers and potato smiley faces and brocholi! Isaac loves it - with tomato sauce!
Oh this is Minnie the Mouse......this is what preschool used to send home with Isaac for a couple of days. We had to do the same thing...take it wherever we went and take pictures and do something in the book for him to read to his class.

Here is Alan, Isaac and Henrietta......the beanie bear.....planting shrubs in the back yard.



Ah yes.....here is another video of Alan and Isaac working in the yard and planting the shrubs! How embarrassing! My voice sounds really low! I was obviously talking a bit gruff! This is where we found all the termites! The yard looks good though. I think you need to click on this twice to get it started.



Bone marrow Results. Well I have those other ones from the smaller lab and rang for the ones from the transplant lab only to have my doctor say, "I didn't know you had a bone marrow biopsy!". How vague. How vague. So I wonder who wrote my referral. Luckily it is the right stuff for what I am having tested! So the IMVS lab have not received my slides yet from my marrow and my haem/onco who is the head of transplants will have them moved to the transplant lab and have his people look at it and then I can get the results! Ahhh...more waiting. It is hard waiting because I feel so anxious about everything! Sometimes this doctor seems so vague. Sometimes the more intelligent the doctor, the vaguer they are...sorry, I don't mean to upset anyone by saying that. I suppose that is not true but sometimes it seems true. At least he is now getting the transplant lab to look at my stuff. They are used to my marrow. It has been years and years that I have been having my FA stuff looked at with them.

So I will let you know when I know!

I am going to go. Thanks for checking up on me!

Love Charisse

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying that the biopsy results come back and show that things are still well. Also praying that the termite problem is resolved soon and that you find atennant for your house. Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Know that I'm praying!
Psalms 91:4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

Anonymous said...

Praying!
Lamentations 3:55-58 I called upon thy name, O LORD, out of the low dungeon. Thou hast heard my voice: hide not thine ear at my breathing, at my cry. Thou drewest near in the day that I called upon thee: thou saidst, Fear not. O Lord, thou hast pleaded the causes of my soul; thou hast redeemed my life.

Anonymous said...

Know that I care so very much and am still praying!
Psalms 31:1-3 In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness. Bow down thine ear to me; deliver me speedily: be thou my strong rock, for an house of defence to save me. For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.

Anonymous said...

Continuing to pray!
Philippians 4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Anonymous said...

Praying right now!
Psalms 73:24-26 Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory. Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee. My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.

Teresa said...

Yikes! Termites! It is quite fascinating the wars that bugs have between each other. Did you know that with some ants, if one colony comes in and conquers the other one, they will use them as slaves? Weird, eh? Anyway, hope you are able to figure out what is going on with with termites! That is very strange. Glad they aren't in your house.

I loved the pictures of Isaac and loved what he named his beanie toy! haha! That is so cute. The video was cute too and your voice didn't sound low. It sounded perfect.

Hope you get your results soon...

Hugs to you!

Love,
Teresa

Anonymous said...

Know that I'm still praying!
Jonah 2:2 And said, I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the LORD, and he heard me; out of the belly of hell cried I, and thou heardest my voice.

Anonymous said...

Stopping by to let you know I'm still here praying!
Psalms 70:1, 5 Make haste, O God, to deliver me; make haste to help me, O LORD...But I am poor and needy: make haste unto me, O God: thou art my help and my deliverer; O LORD, make no tarrying.

Anonymous said...

Praying so right now!
Psalms 71:1-3 In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust: let me never be put to confusion. Deliver me in thy righteousness, and cause me to escape: incline thine ear unto me, and save me. Be thou my strong habitation, whereunto I may continually resort: thou hast given commandment to save me; for thou art my rock and my fortress.

Anonymous said...

Continuing to pray!
Psalms 59:16-17 But I will sing of thy power; yea, I will sing aloud of thy mercy in the morning: for thou hast been my defence and refuge in the day of my trouble. Unto thee, O my strength, will I sing: for God is my defence, and the God of my mercy.

Anonymous said...

Stopping in to let you know I'm still praying!
Psalms 4:8 I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety.

kking5112 said...

Praying for your family. I know the waiting is the hardest part.
Krisstina King
www.caringbridge.org/ks/jojacybox