Monday, March 3, 2008

Plodding Along

Hello All,

well nothing too exciting going on...just plodding along. Last Friday I had an appointment with my Ob/Gynae doctor for a post-op appointment. It went well. I had been feeling better and going off pain meds and then the pain got worse again but I am told it is just post op pain and the tissues healing underneath the incision site...pulling and healing. The scar has been very dry and pealing and very tight so she said to massage sorbalene cream into it a couple of times a day. I have been doing that since then and already it is making a difference. Thick scab has been coming off and the dry skin is much better. I feel more supple already and it seems to be less painful moisturised. Hehe....my mother laughs at me but I cannot handle touching the incision site. Obviously just my mind...well it is sensitive and the nerve endings have been disrupted giving me a burning sore sensation. When I rub the cream in gently I feel a bit light headed! ha.....I have my mother's fainting genes! Sorry to spill the beans about you fainting lots mum! We are so alike! I have not had many pain meds today and am proud of it!

I have also started something natural to help with my hormonal imbalance that I was having trouble with. Hmmm...not sure if it is helping...it may be since I have not been breaking down in tears and not being able to stop crying. So that is positive. I also feel like I am coping better with Isaac in school. Coping better as in the concept that he is at school and not feeling completely lost. I am getting used to the routine of him finishing at 3.15pm. I still feel lonely at times but I am trying to make sure I have something to do each day to keep me busy. I am also taking my time in the morning, remembering that not having Isaac here will force me to rest and let myself heal from the operation! I am still not driving but I am thinking that after this week I will be able to drive! YAY!!!! I am going to find a thin piece of cushion or foam and put it under the seat bealt to protect me while I am driving. Who knows...I may feel weird with my first attempt because of how strange the incision feels.....might feel like fainting...haha! My belly from my belly button is all numb and strange feeling and I am told that this will last for a year because of how the nerves were disturbed. I don't remember feeling like this when Isaac was born. To do this operation they went through the same C-section scar that they used for Isaac...it is a little larger than the c-section scar. I must have had no feeling then as well but was probably too distracted with Isaac's very premature birth to think about it.

This Friday is my IVIG infusion again...4 weeks already. Please pray the reaction won't be so bad. I don't enjoy how I feel the week following IVIG.

Next Friday Alan's mum and I are off to a Christian Women's Conference for the weekend. I think it may be challenging for me but good for me. I am nervous and looking forward to it all in one! I am certainly not used to being without Alan! There are not many times at all where we have been apart.....except for the occasional hospital stay....even then the last hospital stay for my operation is the only one I have been alone. When I had pneumonia Alan stayed at the hospital with me on a bed. When I gave birth to Isaac, Alan also stayed on a bed with me in hospital.

Alan is not too well right now. He has a cold of some sort but the fact that he is tired and admitting he feels awful shows when he actually is sick. Otherwise, he doesn't let anything get him down physically.

In about one month Alan, Isaac and I will be moving house! We have a new house. We have had it for a while. I was not ready to move when we first got it. There is a story to how we got the house but I won't go into that. I am not looking forward to the physical moving. I have not even started packing! I have been too busy recovering but we will get some boxes and I will start packing! Carefully! We will be renting out our house that we live in now.

Well, I think that is all for now! Ha! I had a lot to talk about even though I said that there was not much happening! Thanks for reading my update and thanks for all the support!
Love Charisse

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow charisse you do have an amazing story.. now that i know about your journal i think i will keep up to date with your difficulties and also all of your happiness.. I hope you are feeling better soon and that you are happy as much as possible. Lots of love and best wishes, Jordan

Anonymous said...

Hi Charisse,
You'll be pleased to know that I don't faint anymore (there's hope for you yet). The only operations I've had are tonsilectomy, and then I've had 3 babies. Hmmmm! Fainted in the shop when I was pregnant with you!!!!!
However, good to see your smiling face again, (despite having to rub cream into your wound). Keep rubbing, girl.

Love ya lots,
Mum

Anonymous said...

Praying right now!
Psalms 18:30-32 As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him. For who is God save the LORD? or who is a rock save our God? It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect.

Anonymous said...

Hello lovey,
you are doing a great job not to panic about our moving house... and nor should you!! it's gonna be a cinch!

Yes, you are right that I am unwell and usually these things don't get me down... what is it that your nurses call me at the hospital?... a "fine specimen of a man!!".. he he... yep, that's me... your husband!!

(lucky you!!)

Love ya darl.
Alan

Anonymous said...

Charisse, I'm praying that you enjoy the Christian women's conference when you go with Alan's mum. I'm also praying for your IVIG infusion not to have so many negative side effects. Thirdly I am praying for Alan to feel better. Take care, Jennifer

Teresa said...

Glad you were able to find something to help your incision heal better. It kind of made me laugh that you got your fainting thing from your mom - who knew? hehe...

I hope things continue to get better with Isaac being in school and you emotionally dealing with it. I bet it will be helpful to be able to get out and about when you can start driving again...but then you'll be dealing with another infusion. yucky. That has to get tiring having done so regularly and dealing with feeling so sick!

I hope Alan feels better soon!

That is so exciting you are moving soon! Do you have pictures or anything? Will you be getting some help with the packing?

Anonymous said...

Continuing to pray!
Psalms 91:1-4 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence. He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

Anonymous said...

Jesus understands suffering. Praying right now!
Hebrews 2:9-10 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man. For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

Anonymous said...

Know that I'm praying!
2 Corinthians 1:3-5 Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God. For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ.

Anonymous said...

Know that you're in my thoughts and prayers!
Psalms 34:17-19 The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles. The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.

Anonymous said...

Continuing to pray!
Jeremiah 29:11-13 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.