Monday, March 10, 2008

Crazy Family!

Hi All,

Crazy family, crazy weather...and what a crazy day! I thought I would take sometime to show you all what type of weather we are having in South Australia. I know that some people are showing their snow that they have had on their blogs and then I have been thinking about how dry and hot it has been here. Yesterday we reached a scorching hot temperature of 42 degrees celcius which is equivalent to 107.6 degrees Fahrenheit! It was really, really hot. Today was a littl cooler at 39 degrees celcius which is equivalent to 102.2 degrees Fahrenheit! It has been very hot! So I don't have any pictures of snow that is all nice and fluffy and cold looking. Ihave taken the liberty of taking some pictures of the outside of our house here so you can see how dead our grass is from the heat and the fact that we have had no rains for so long and are on quite strict water restrictions here in Australia. Check out the pictures below. I know the photos are not too clear or bright but you can see how dead the grass is! That is the front of our house! It is crazy. Our watering night is a Sunday night for about 2 hours...no sprinklers and it is crazy. It doesn't do anything to help with our very dead grass! So enjoy those photos...like I enjoy the photos of the snow....hehehe,......


So since today was such a hot day my family decided to head up to mum and dad's house because they have a pool. Also, tomorrow, my father, is off to Africa for 4 weeks by himself as a Pastor as a part of his Missions Ministry......so we were having our last get together before he leaves in the morning to go. These next pictures are of our family at mum and dads. Below is a picture of Isaac and Eliana admiring each other as soon as we walked in. They started giggling and laughing and playing with each other! It is so cute.


This is my sister, Liesl, and her daughter or my neice having a cuddle. Liesl is also crazy, just like the rest of us. She doesn't have FA.


The craziness comtinues as I introduce to you Liesl's husband, Tim, who always seems to have Isaac climbing all over him and why not Eliana as well! They are going for a ride on a donkey...Tim is the donkey or horsey and Isaac and Eliana are on for the ride. These are just some of the things we do to pass the time while our families are together....crazy!!!!! Sorry about the blurred photos!


Then it is time for the pool! Oh to cool down! I had my infusion last Friday and I have not been doing too badly with my reaction. Although I felt shaky today and have had headaches all day. My legs feel heavy and so do my arms. My throat and glands feel sore which is an immune response. Other areas of my body feel sore which make me think the hormonal time of the month is coming...hehe....otherwise this is my first time in the pool or immersed at all since my surgery about 6 weeks ago. I just floatedd a lot. I did some exercise but very gently. I am actually feeling sore from this swim today, even though I floated most of the time! I have decided now that I am on recovery I will start swimming once a week to get fix again and swimmung is gentle on me...so from now on I will be starting this routine. Did I tell you that I had an eye brow infection last week and that I needed to go on antibiotics. Well that seems to be clearing up nicely which is good!


Isaac making some strange and silly face while we were in the pool together. He is doing so well at swimming these days! I still need him to start regular swimming lessons!



This is Tim, my brother in law, an his daughter, Eliana, my niece...just cuddling. She was cold!


Just my family playing in the pool....mum, dad, Liesl, Alan, Isaac...all being crazy!

This is actually my sister, Liesl, and my husband, Alan, playing crazy and silly games together

This Is Alan being a crazy Australian, using his flippers as ears....hehe....what a strange one he is!

Please feel free to click on this video below. It shows how crazy my family can be. It is my mum, dad and son, Isaac mucking around in the pool together. Hehe...they are funny. My family has a lot of fun in the pool together and mucking around....enjoy....you may need to click twice!

So , all in all it was a good day. I feel exhausted from infusion but I am also a little teary about Dad being gone for 4 weeks. I love him so much and know mum is around. I just feel emotional tonight. Thanks for checking in on us tonight. I alwatys do appreciate it and I hope you enjoyed the photos! Hehe,.
Love you all,
Charisse



















































11 comments:

Anonymous said...

excellent day lovey, great pictures and video.... we do have an interesting family!!

A bit brady-bunchy at times, but a good laugh nonetheless.

love you sweet-heart!
alan

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing Charisse, I love all the pics. My husband has been traveling alot lately( i know that is different that a dad) but I miss him so much and pray I dont go into labor with him gone...Lots of Love from South Carolina where the weather is nutty! Love, Marci

Anonymous said...

It is so nice to see you having a great time with your family! As much as I'm totally done with the snow here, (piles are over my head) I would never wish it to be 107! YIKES! Glad you have a pool to cool off in. You have a beautiful family. Hugs.

Judy said...

Dearest Charisse, What great pictures! I loved the video also. Your house is very pretty, even with the grass all dried up. Wow, I thought it got hot here during our summer times, but that is more that I have ever endured. I am happy you guys have a place to go and cool off and have great family time. I am also thanking God for you feeling better and on the mend. Take care and know I will continue to pray for you.
Love and God Bless,
Judy

Anonymous said...

Hi Charisse,
"There's a family,
A crazy family,
That is swimming together
On such a very hot day.
There is Mum, Dad and all the kids
................." (tune of Brady Bunch)

Hmmm! I've run out of creativity.
It was a good day of making memories together.

You've done a great job with the photos. Love you so much.
Dad left this morning (after we both got up at 3a.m. to go to the airport) I think he's missing us already.

Love you lots. See you later today.
Mum

Anonymous said...

sounds like you're making the most of your summer as am I charisse... swimming and having fun in the sun. I wish we did have snow here sometimes it would be a lot of fun too but its always good to be able to swim all day and have a barbeque (how very australian). Good to hear you're doing well, enjoy the rest of your summer.
Love Jordan

Anonymous said...

These are great pictures! So glad you had somewhere to go to cool off! Oh that's hot!
Calling upon the Lord right now!
Psalms 55:16-17 As for me, I will call upon God; and the LORD shall save me. Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice.

Teresa said...

Those were really fun pictures!! Your grass looks BEAUTIFUL and dead. hehe! It looks like ours did last summer. We were in a drought and not allowed to water except on certain days. No wait, maybe it was the year before. It was the year before last. The only thing green was our weeds! Not sure why they stay green.

I love all the photos. I think your niece looks WAY taller than TS! She looks pretty big. But your sister and brother in law are both tall, right? You and your sister look a lot alike.

I loved the little video. It was fun hearing you talk on it. You guys looked like you were having a ton of fun!!

:-) Love, Teresa

Anonymous said...

Everyone needs a hiding place. Know that I'm praying!
Psalms 32:7 Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah.

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing all these wonderful photos! i don't think i'd ever get Out of the pool with temperatures like that! does it cool down at night at all? whew!

it must feel so good to be able to go in the pool, not just the cooling part, but that it means you are healing really well! brava!

i'll be thinking of your dad while he's away and wishing him "safari njema," which means "good journey" in swahili.

love, rachel

Leslie said...

Its fun to see where you live and see some of your family. You have a fun family. I have to say that it sure gets hot as fire there. If I was there I fear I might look like your grass, hehe.