Sunday, October 7, 2007

It's been a while

Hi All,
got some blood counts back. platelet have come up by 20 000 which is great. Neuts are back up to 1300 and liver results are still coming down which is good.

My chest ultrasound showed no more fluid on the lung...YES!
I am getting better but gradually. My other surgery is re-booked for January.
It is school holidays right now.
Had an ENT appointment to review my tongue. I had all that thrush and ulcers on my tongue and the whiteness which is decreasing but we wanted to make sure there was nothing to be alarmed about. Apparenlty I still have spots in a few areas on my tongue that the ENT want to keep an eye on just because I have FA. In 3 weeks I will go back to see him to see if they are gone otherwise we will probably biopsy thenm...what joys! HOwever, he is hoping it is just due to all the trauma and infection my tongue has been enduring...it is always scary going through this process.
In November for 2 weeks we will be taking a holiday in QLD, northern Australia where all my dad's family are...take Isaac to seaworld....should be nice...nothing will stop us from this holiday!!!!
Ok, better go to bed now.....
Thanks for checking up on me.
Love Charisse

9 comments:

Judy said...

Oh Charisse, it does my heart good to read your post. Though I can't see or hear you in person, this post seems so much more upbeat, and that fills me with joy and happiness. I have been worried about you, and praying for you to get better real soon. I will continue to pray, that your tongue heals completely, and that you are healthy for a very long time, and that your family stays well also. Take care my friend, and know I think of you often.

Anonymous said...

We thank God for this breakthrough! We should continue thanking Him as you recover.We'll continue to stand together with you to claim your holiday that nothing will steal it from you and you will enjoy it to the full as a family.I pray for a hedge of protection for the whole family.God bless my sister! Flo.

Anonymous said...

Glad to read so much good news!
Continuing to pray!
Psalms 28:6-7 Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.

Anonymous said...

Know that I'm here praying!
Isaiah 12:2-3 Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation. Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.

Anonymous said...

Stopping by to let you know that I'm still praying!
2 Samuel 22:3 The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence.

Anonymous said...

Praying right now!
Psalms 17:6-7 I have called upon thee, for thou wilt hear me, O God: incline thine ear unto me, and hear my speech. Shew thy marvellous lovingkindness, O thou that savest by thy right hand them which put their trust in thee from those that rise up against them.

Anonymous said...

Even in the midst of the greatest trials God is still merciful. Know that I'm here praying!
Psalms 118:28-29 Thou art my God, and I will praise thee: thou art my God, I will exalt thee. O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.

Anonymous said...

Continuing to pray!
Philippians 4:6-7 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Anonymous said...

Know that I care and am still praying!
Colossians 2:2-3 That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ; In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.