Tuesday, June 16, 2009

CT Scan booked

Hi All,

my CT scan to check my abdomen and groin area is booked for Friday afternoon this week. I spoke to my head and neck oncologist to get some background on everything since I haven't yet met the gynae oncol and I just needed to talk to someone I trusted. He was disturbed about the news. He said that the CT scan will be looking at the lymph nodes and glands in the abdomen and groin. If the abdomen shows any inflammation or swelling then it is serious business. However, if that is fine and the groin area shows swelling or inflammation, I mustn't be too upset because it could be the drainage from the surgery done recently. Therefore, they would often repeat with an ultrasound to see if it really is cancer or just swelling from the surgery. He said that the gynae oncol I am referred to is the best and was very happy to hear I would be seeing him. Him....that alone makes me nervous. I have never been good with men.....not when it comes to private stuff *sigh*

Of course, it will be looked into whether more needs to be excised to make sure there are no pre-cancerous lesions left. On top of that I am wondering whether a vulvoscopy would be good to identify any other cells rather than just guessing. I am worried there is more left because I have been uncomfortable in other areas that are not lesions and now I am panicked. At the moment, I know the extreme discomfort is from surgery. We have sent the results to Blanche Alter. I refuse to miss anything and have asked them about the vulcvoscopy as well. When I see this gynae oncologist next week I am going to be prepared. Alan is also giving him a call to talk to him about Fanconi Anaemia. I have NO idea if he has even heard of the disease. He needs his own book and to understand that we are very actively involved in my care and decisions because it is so rare and needs special attention.

My bone marrow biopsy went well yesterday. I am quite sore. It seems the more I have done, the worse the pain gets each time. I have reached number 29 or 30. I need to re-count! Crazy! I asked for a pressure bandage afterwards because I didn't want a bone bruise. I have had one of them before when my platelets were higher and it was not nice. So now that they are lower, I want to avoid it. I spent all day sitting or lying on a towel.

Anyway, I need to get going. I have a haematology appointment this afternoon booked from before. My haem doesn't know of my new news yet, unless he has already received a letter but sometimes letters can be slow.

Thanks for all your support and prayers. I greatly appreciate them and need them. Thanks for your encouragement.
Love Charisse

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are praying for all of these medical tests and surgeries to be ok. I am so sorry all this has hit you at once. We love you and will be behind you!
Hugs and prayers!!!
Krisstina

Anonymous said...

Hope all goes well!
Thankful that I can be here praying for you.
When darkness veils His lovely face,
I rest on His unchanging grace;
In every high and stormy gale
My anchor holds within the veil.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand. The Lutheran Hymnal #370, verse 2
Prayer Bears
My email address

Cathy Troup said...

Dearest Rissy

I remember praying Ps 91 with your mum over you a long time ago...I am claiming it again for you dear one, sorry for the length but here it is

Psalm 91

1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. [a]

2 I will say [b] of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress,my God, in whom I trust."

3 Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare and from the deadly pestilence.

4 He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.

5 You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day,

6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday.

7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.

8 You will only observe with your eyes and see the punishment of the wicked.

9 If you make the Most High your dwelling— even the LORD, who is my refuge-

10 then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent.

11 For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways;

12 they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.

13 You will tread upon the lion and the cobra; you will trample the great lion and the serpent.

14 "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.

15 He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.

16 With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation."

I love you and will not fail to say that by his stripes you are healed, even if I look like a donkey and people think I am mean. I cannot help it dear friend. I cannot fear only believe, with you and for you.

Love you sweetie
Cath

Momma Bear said...

Charisse,

Hang in there and rest in the arms of Jesus! Only HE can give you that deep settled peace during this time. Know you are loved and prayed for.

I think I need to give you a bear name.....how about
Rissy Bear! I like that! I'll check with Papa Bear to get his approval!

Heaps of Blessings and Bear Hugs,

Judy said...

Hello my friend, I just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you every day. Praying for healing and comfort during this very trying time. Love you bunches!
Judy

Dianna's Momma said...

Charisse,
I am praying that you hear good news from the tests.
In Him,
Nanette Foster (Dianna's mom)
https://diannasjourney.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Know that I'm continuing to pray here in Seattle!

His oath, His covenant, and blood
Support me in the whelming flood;
When every earthly prop gives way,
He then is all my Hope and Stay.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.
The Lutheran Hymnal #370, verse 3
Prayer Bears
My email address

Mary Ann Gormley said...

Praying and praying and praying for you that all the tests and the surgery will go well and that your fears will be relieved and that the tests will show "good news".

Please have faith and trust and hope. I love you.
Mary Ann

Julie Barbier said...

We are lifting up your concerns to our Heavenly Father who "wants Good things above all for his children". How often when faced with trouble do we tremble, how often we fear. It is human nature, but our Spiritual Father wants us to leave it with him. Hard to do, I know, but we will pray that it can be done. May the blood of Jesus cover you, protect you and heal you! Thanks for sharing what is certainly a personal issue, you will never know how your journey inspires us, your FAmily.

Anonymous said...

Hi Love,
There's an old hymn that has as it's first lines, "He giveth more grace when the burdens grow greater......"
The grace....favour...that He extends to us at least equals...but is usually more...than we need to make it thro difficult times.
He will give you grace and strength...and we will keep praying for supernatural intervention...a physical breakthrough.
One email to us from Africa said, "We are having a prayer meeting tonight and praying right thro the night for Charisse's healing."
Love you so much, Mum

Anonymous said...

Praying right now.

When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh, may I then in Him be found,
Clothed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne!
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.
The Lutheran Hymnal #370, verse 4
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Sometimes things hit out of nowhere and we don't know how we can handle it. The Lord's known from all eternity every thing that's going to happen and has been preparing a way.
Know that I'm here praying!
Isaiah 65:24 And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.
Prayer Bears
My email address