Friday, September 12, 2008

Congratulations in Order! PLUS much more!

Congratulations to Darren and Angela!!!! They became engaged last week! It is SO exciting. Here is a lovely picture of the couple. I don't have a picture of the ring but it is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Good choice, Darren. Darren is Alan's brother. I think he chose well.....hehe. Both brothers are and will be married to nurses! We are both nurses. I think they found a good catch in us both! Hahaha.....congratulations guys. We love you heaps and heaps! You deserve to be happy! Well, I found out that Wednesday just gone was a pupil free day - a show day for the kids at school. I had my MRI and sedation booked for that day and felt so bad when I heard that many kids would be going to the show and Isaac would hang out with Alan and I at my procedure. He deserves to have some fun too. Since Darren was able to provied our family with free tickets we still went despite sedation and all. I was not able to swith my MRI and so I still had to go. It went well. I was able to lie still for the hour and a quarter that I was in the machine with the help of sedation. We spent 3 hours at the hospital from 1245pm. Alan took Isaac out to lunch at Hungry Jacks and then picked me back up. We went directly to the show with me still a bit sleepy and I had a rest in the car while we waited for Darren and Angela to arrive with the free tickets that they needed to collect. That was good because I was able to rest my eyes. Since you are not supposed to be doing any walking, lifting or doing anything demanding after sedation, we highered a wheel chair for me to be in the whole time. We were at the Royal Adelaide Show from 430pm to 9.20pm. I didn't go on any rides and was in the wheel chair trying not to exert myself. Isaac was sitting on my lap most of the time. The only ride I went on was the ferris wheel and that wasn't too demanding. I have my pictures in the wrong order. At 9pm, the end of the night, they had fireworks at the arena......outside oval. We were so close. People let you in when you are in a wheel chair....hehe. The pictures do not do the fireworks any justice at all! They were spectacular!!! Isaac says he was scared but he loved the fireworks when he didn't feel scared. He said they were pretty. Our actual camera is on the blink so all these photos are taken from Alan's phone! Certainly these photos DO NOT do the fireworks any justice but the last photo is cute.













So here is Isaac and I on the ferris Wheel! The photos are blurry because we were moving when Alan took them.









Isaac went on many rides. These photos are also blurry because the ride was moving and it is a mobile phone camera. He was on the areoplane ride that takes him into the air while going around. He liked it. Did I explain that right?????



There was a children's rollercoaster! The video is SO cute but I need to fix something on my computer before I can load it. It didn't do any loop de loops otherwise we would not allow Isaac on there but it went up hills and down hills and he had the biggest smile and scream on his face! He loved it! When he got off he was so happy and wanted to go on it again!



Ah.......the Jurassic Park Jumpy Castle! Isaac had LOADS of fun on this thing.




Still the castle!




Isaac climbing in the castle




More climbing!


The boat ride!




He went on some more rides but I have not downloaded those pictures! He went on a Thomas the Tank Engine ride which he LOVED! We got show bags and he got the Thomas the Tank Engine show bag which has cool stuff in it. He got the freddo frog one and Alan and I shared the Bertie the Bettle Bag and the Cadbury Bag......YUM!!!!! It was good.
There was a stand with the Fire Fighters and a truck and stuff and Isaac went in the truck. They offered to film him and dressed him up as a real fire fighter and filmed him with a proper tv camera. Then they gave me the video for free.....I think because I was in a wheelchair...but oh well....it was sweet of them. The amount of people who smile at you when you are in a wheel chair is amazing! Ha! I was thinking, "I am no invalid...just had sedation!!!"....hehe
We went to the amublance stall and they offered to show Isaac the inside of the ambulance and gave him a colouring in book. They had puzzles for the kids to do and magnets and stuff and the ambo officer got down with Isaac and spoke to him about who rides in ambulances and calling "000" in an emergency. That is what we call when we get into trouble here in Australia. It was great.
Off to another subject. I had infusion today. A week early as FA Australia camp is in a week and I wanted to be well for it. Angela, my sister in law to officially be...came with me as Alan's mum needed to take her husband for a procedure....which went well. We had a good time and chatted and chatted. Angela, I thouroughly enjoyed your company!!! They had trouble putting the first IV in and it hit a valve and my arm started to blow up with blood. Not only that they also hit a nerve that hurt from my fingers to under my arm pit. Angela went and got an ice pack thingy to hold on my arm and we seemed to stop a too bigger bruise forming but it still is not nice. My arm is very sore tonight and lumpy!!!! They think the lump is the valve! Infusion went in well once the IV was in place.
MRI results are through. They were good. 3 things showed up though. In the skull marrow it showed changes which is no surprise because I have chances that are already documented in my marrow as a result of FA. I just never thought about that showing up in a head MRI!!! I was surprised and thought it may be something else at first. My sinuses are very icky in there and pretty much a bad infection. I have had bad sinus infection about 3 weeks ago with wicked pain but being on 2 lots of antibiotics that pain went. However, I am still blocked and blowing a LOT out. The MRI showed serious inflammatory stuff going on and very blocked so the doctor has started me on another 2 courses of antibiotics to get on top of it all. The other thing that showed was unusual activity where I had the cancer in my head taken out. It is most probably picking up the scar tissue from my surgery but the oncologist wants to wait a little while until it is healed properly to check if it is that. If it looks strange in its healing process he mentioned another biopsy. He reassured me that he is acting with extreme caution and that he thinks the MRI is picking up the incision site but they want him to look at it so he will wait a few more weeks for it to heal before assessing the situation. The scar is VERY bumpy. The guy did not do the job with any cosmetics involved. Hopefully it is the usual slow healing that I have.
So FA camp is in a week! Whoo Hoo! I can't wait to see everyone and meet new FA people in Australia. The programme is great!
The a week after that we are going on holiday to Kangeroo Island. Alan and I really need a break from all this medical drama! I am just feeling a little burned out really. It is starting to get to me.
Isaac had his x-rays of his legs and they came back normal. They think he has extreme growing pains and to treat it with panadol right now. If it continues really bad for another 6 months we will re-visit. However, some recent bloods show that there is nothing serious like leukaemia or anything like that. Isaac doesn't have FA. Yes, that has been confirmed with the proper testing.
Well, it is late and I need to get to bed.
Love you all and thanks for the support.
Love Charisse












12 comments:

Siouxsie said...

Hey, Charisse:
I'm so excited you get to add a sister-in-law to your family. That's such fun news.
I'm glad your MRI went well but that really stinks that your infusion went wonky. That really didn't sound fun.
Those look like such fun rides!!
Love from Texas!

Jennifer said...

Glad he got to go and have some fun, and I bet he was super glad you got to be there too, even if you weren't 100%. What a good mom you are!

JAMAMUM said...

Hi Charisse,
I can't believe that we will see each other in less than 1 week!! It has come so quickly.
Loved this post. You are so funny. Thinking of you, and hope you are feeling a bit more awake, and not so sedated!!
see you soon,
Brooke

Anonymous said...

Know that I'm praying!
Romans 8:26-27 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
Prayer Bears

Anonymous said...

Dear Charisee
So glad to read all of your news....we have been so flat out that I want to sleep...show too....gigs for Pipe Drums, Highland Dancing Comps...lots of stuff happening am now doing Kindy Kids Church at the Barossa...slowly and carefully...do not want to burn out again....

Life is good, good results, congrats on the celebrations....Sisters in laws are great! I get on well with mine!

Have a great break, James is going to Manila in Nov to do worship meetings at Mark and Christines Churches (they have 4 now in the slums) He will be gone for 22 days....no holidays for me I am afraid!!

Glad you could enjoy the show with the fellas....

Bless ya chook
Your old mate Cath

Judy said...

Hello Charisse, Congratulations on your soon to be new sister-in-law! So happy for your whole family. Also glad to hear things on your MRI went well. Praying for a great camp over there. Enjoy yourself, and know I am thinking of you always.

Anonymous said...

Always keep your eyes on the Lord. Praying!
John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
Prayer Bears

Anonymous said...

Hi Love,

It is great to see Darren and Angela engaged... and it was certainly a wonderful time at the Royal Show. Love you lots,

Alan

Anonymous said...

Continuing to pray so very hard!
Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Prayer Bears

Lynn said...

Life in this world can look so bleak at times. But the victory is ours through Christ! Put your trust in Him! Praying!
1 Corinthians 15:54-57 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Prayer Bears

Jon said...

Oh my goodness Charisse! What you have to go through with all the testing and such. No fun at all. I guess you really deserved all that extra wheel chair attention after going through all that. Hehehe. It looks like you guys had a blast! So good to hear that Isaac does not have FA. I hope you enjoy your camp and vacation (Australia is one place I'd LOVE to go someday). Wishing you the best!

Anonymous said...

Know that I'm still here praying!
Isaiah 25:8 He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it.
Prayer Bears