Sunday, August 30, 2009

Glorious Massage!

Hello All,

I had IVIG infusion on Friday which went ok. I was in the new building. I was quite worried about my IV access as my normal place didn't work and I was heaps worried they wouldn't find anywhere else. However, they did! I congratulated the nurse lots of times.

My possy turned up. I hadn't seen some friends at the cancer center in a while. Our days and weeks had been messed up but they were there this time! We sat together and had a hot drink together. It was good.

My sister in law was with me. It was really nice to catch up :-)

After my infusion, we went downstairs and I was offered an oncology massage for free! I had no idea they had a massage therapist there. I was worried about being bruised but because it was an oncology massage, it was very gentle and relaxing. I ended up having one for 45 mins! Ha! Thanks for letting me have a massage, Angela! You were very patient.

I am still excited about FA camp which starts this Saturday. I can't wait to meet these other FA adults :-)

My wound is heaps better. The pain is heaps decreased. The infection gone. I am now praying my counts will go up. I find it frightening when they are down.

Isaac is getting better. He had bronchitis for a while there and was home for almost 2 weeks with me. He also fell in the bath and hit his head badly. I wrote that on facebook but didn't write that here. He dented his skull and had to have a CT scan to check it wasn't fractured. It wasn't, praise God. He just dented the soft part of the skull and it bounced back out not long after the fall. Isaac is on olive leaf tonic and vit B and C to help build up his immunity. He has struggled a bit in the last month or two. The doctors said he was run down. He now just has a cough that is hanging on. I am praying it will go completely, the poor love.

Isaac LOVES FA camp and is looking forward to it, just like we are.

Well, I felt terrible yesterday from infusion. I had fainting spells and felt nauseous. I had to have an anti-emetic to stop me throwing up. I felt so weird that I didn't fall asleep til 2.30 am last night. I feel a little better today but pretty washed out. I got up at 1030am so hopefully tonight I will sleep better and have no weird infusion reaction.

Ok, got to eat :-)
Love Charisse

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hi Charisse, sorry it has been so long since you heard from me. Been thinking about you though. Massages are amazing, so happy for you to get to enjoy one. Hope your son gets all better soon. Have a great time at camp! God bless.

Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Dear Charisse,
I'm so glad to hear your healing (and Isaac's!) is going better, despite the inevitable ups and downs. Delia, too, fits that description: energetic one day, bed-ridden with aches the next.
Now I have only one question, WHAT ARE FAIRY PENGUINS?
With love,
Amy Levine
Mom of Delia, 21, FA-A, 6 months post bone marrow transplant this week!

Judy said...

I am glad to hear that your wound is healing well now, and that you are feeling better. Sorry you had such a reaction to your infusion, and I will pray that the reaction goes away real quick. Praying for little Isaac feels better real soon, and that his immune perks up too. May God Bless you all, with good health and happiness for a long time.
Love ya

Anonymous said...

Hi Charisse, Sorry about the passing of your friends mother. I hope your ok.
Have a fantastic time at F.A camp.
Hopefully next year we are able to come.
Lots of love,
Darren & Angela
xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Thank you for the sweet post on John's guest book. He is doing a little better. He is still on the ventilator. They are trying to get him woken up so they can start weaning him off the darn thing. He broke out in a rash again yesterday after starting on Cipro for a bladder infection. They are moving him from trauma ICU to medical ICU so I am so happy about that. We were in a tough area of the hospital to be in.

I sure hope you are doing better! Both you and John need to hurry up and get better so you can get home and start talking to eachother on Skype again :) or at least typing in John's case.

Love you very much and you hang in there. I know how hard it is.

Love,
Raquel

Yvette said...

Charisse - you will be missed. Your joyous spirit was a blessing to me.
Love
Yvette