Sunday, May 17, 2009

My Birthday Today!

Hi All,

I turn 31 years old today. Pretty good for an FA person who has had 13 years of pre-leukaemia :-) While my birthday is definitely a time of celebration, it also is a time of sadness. Sometimes I tend to think about a lot when my birthday comes around.

However, I am actually really excited that it is my birthday and don't mind celebrating my birthday. To overcome all the bad things that FA has done in my life, I love to celebrate and be with people during my birthday because it helps me see how blessed I am to have gotten to this age and live the way I have and more.

Thank you to all who have wished me happy birthday and any presents you have given. So far, I love them all!!! Hehe

I have had a bit of a struggle this weekend. I saw a doctor on Friday and was given some news that upset my apple cart and caused my emotional rollercoaster to do more loops and all sorts. I cried a lot of that night and didn't fall asleep til around 3am. I am not going to share. Some things are too close to my heart. Sat I slept in til 1230pm because of my late settle the night before. I was so down and the tears were coming at intervals throughout Saturday that Alan decided we would go to the Beach House down by Glenelg beach with Isaac, Alan and myself. So we took a small amount of cash and went down there. Went on the VERY slow ferris wheel.....lol.....on a train, playground (Isaac did), ate some cheap dinner and went for a walk on the jetty and yes, it did cheer me up a bit. Alan said it was my birthday celebration. It was nice. On the way home we pulled up next to some fire works. They were in the city and right on the side of the road. We saw everything. It was a lovely finish to the evening.

Today I woke up and opened my presents from Alan and Isaac. I got a "Grey's Anatomy computer game"...hehe....and pink beanie, gloves, scarf and umbrella from Isaac. He knows me all too well :-) Then we went to church and there was a really good speaker at church. We came home and had a birthday lunch with my sister and her family. We had a cake that Alan and Isaac made. Sang happy birthday and blew out the candles. My mother in law, Denise, came and gave me a present as well....thank you. It was nice to see them all. My sister in law is taking me out for a hot chocolate tonight. I got plenty of messages and phone calls from my mum and dad in Africa! I love you!

Now, I do have photos but I am too tired to put then up right now.

Thanks for making my birthday special everyone. Oh, and on Friday night our friends Stephen and Leah came over for a pork roast and we played the CSI Miami Board game which was fun. That was a critical night since I had come home with particularly upsetting news from the doctor.

Thank you for celebrating my birthday everyone. Thank you for the messages on Facebook and email. The phone calls and the spending time together in person.

Wow, I am tired.

Now I saw my gynae doctor and my surgery to take this lump out from the lady area is booked for the 11th June. She doesn't think it is cancer but it will be checked anyway with pathology as per usual. She thinks it is some inflammatory granulotoma or something. I don't think that is the right word but I wasn't taking too much notice.....just asking if it was suspected cancer or not....hehe...so the second word I didn't really catch.

Pray for Isaac as we take him for his bloods tomorrow! That all goes well :-)

Ok, I am gonna go!
Love you and thanks,
Charisse

12 comments:

Mary Ann Fiaschetti said...

Charisse,

Happiest of birthdays to you! You are a wonderful gift to all who know you. And, you are an inspiration to the FAmily.
Blessings and hugs on your special day,
the Fiaschetti FAmily
Mary Ann, David, Joey & Peter

Prettyfeet1000 said...

Happy Birthday to you, Charisse. I am praying for you and your family as you travel through this life journey.

Barbara Robinson

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I enjoy reading about your adventures and your sweet spirit through it all.

Love, Kathy in Kentucky

Amy Levine said...

Here's wishing your 31st year is filled with good health and great joy!

Amy, Brian, and Delia
Levine-Horrigan

Julie Barbier said...

Happy Happy Birthday Charisse! We are new to your site, but not to FA. We pray that GOD allows you to continue enlightening so many in the journey of living with FA. I am so thankful that my son has been healthy, living for 24 years with FA. We are blessed, just as your family must feel today. Your special concern will be in my prayers as well as your sons blood work. Take care and GOD bless, today and everyday!

Judy said...

Happy Birthday my friend. I am sorry you were so upset, and I am praying for you as always. Take care my friend, and know you are loved by many.
Judy

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good birthday!
Still praying in Seattle!
Psalms 31:1-3 In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness. Bow down thine ear to me; deliver me speedily: be thou my strong rock, for an house of defence to save me. For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.
Prayer BearsMy email address

Momma Bear said...

Happy Happy B-day Darling! Hope it was as lovely as you are! Continuing to pray for miracles.....

Blessings and Bear Hugs

Hannah said...

Happy Birthday, Charisse!!! I hope you have a very blessed and wonderful year. You deserve it.

Katie W said...

I am sooo glad you had such a nice birthday weekend. It sounds like you had a lot of loved ones making the day special. So sorry you had to receive upsetting news right before the big day. I hope things are better for you soon!
Love,
Katie

Anonymous said...

We are always safe when we're in the Lord's Hands! Praying!
Psalms 31:5 Into thine hand I commit my spirit: thou hast redeemed me, O LORD God of truth.
Prayer BearsMy email address

Anonymous said...

Want you to know that I'm always here praying!
Psalms 31:7-8 I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy: for thou hast considered my trouble; thou hast known my soul in adversities; And hast not shut me up into the hand of the enemy: thou hast set my feet in a large room.
Prayer BearsMy email address