Thursday, October 9, 2008

Marathon............

Hello All,

yep this is a photo marathon. I wanted to include more photos to show you the beautiful outback of Australia. I am feeling rather patriotic and think that Australia is rustic but absolutely gorgeous. So some more photos from Kangaroo Island that I didn't include in my last post :-)


Obviously you saw pictures of when we went on a guided tour to see the seals on the beach. Here is the sign...I know....very interesting..hehe We walked down this long board walk to the look out at the bottom where we could see seals while waiting for the tour.
Beautiful view hey! That is the board walk.

Some real whale bones! Put together.



Coastline of Kangaroo Island.......beautiful!


A lizard! Isaac wanted me to take a picture of it.


A seal way up on the sand bank. Apparently seals feel the cold just like humans and will climb onto the sand banks to keep warm when the cold winds come around.


Watching the seals.

They were so close to us!

This one came up behind us and made a lot of noise and we were asked to stand slowly and move so that it didn't feel threatened.

Little Sahara....I wanted to put a picture in here that will show how high the sand dunes are. They still look higher than this in real life but look how small Alan and Isaac are!


Foot prints in the Sahara!
Kelly Hill Caves.....outback Australia!


In the caves and looking at special rocks

Spectacular!


Impressive!


Isaac bushed from a full day out!


Coastline...small beaches


more beaches and coastlines...pretty

I wanted you to see our outback roads! Surrounded by bush! Ruggard

Those pelicans....remember the pelican feeding. See how desperate they are?

Sqwabbling!


This pelican hogged a LOT of the food. Because of a person infront I had trouble getting the picture. He had a hard time swallowing the fish.....

Here he is again.....look at his neck....silly thing.


Beautiful. After the pelican feeding we went for a walk on the jetty!


The duck lagoon. I thought the yellow flowers were sweet.

Stunning pictures.....Australia is so beautiful!





This is at the duck lagoon. I posted it because it was Isaac's first photo taking experience and he did a good job!

Bit blurry......

This was in the middle of the "Gum Forest"


Fires.....all over one part of the island.

New growth!

The coastline near Admiral Arch where the New Zealand Seals can be spotted.

more coastline



See the seals?


That cute one that was lying by the board walk at Admiral Arch.....

Country Side and a lighthouse!


Beautiful view! Can you see remarkable rock from here.....I can!

Remarkable Rock. Want more explanation? Go to the first entry of Kangaroo Island and our holiday.




Yep, we do have koalas and kangaroos just running across our roads in the outback. This is a koala, obviously!

More coastline....more Australia

Australia is beautiful!

Alan and I wanted to try and find a specific lighthouse and the only way we knew how to get there was to follow the light. This was obviously at night time which is when we wanted to find it. We went outback to try and find it over the most bumpiest, dirt road or.....paddock really. It was fun. We laughed a lot. Saw a lot of wild life but never made it to the lighthouse. This is as close as we came.....hehe

When we came back over the ferry we were at Cape Jervis and they had a lighthouse too. We sat in the car and watched it. It was peaceful.

Ok, so now it is still school holidays and Isaac goes back to school on Monday. He had some friends over to play on Wednesday and they made a BIG track! Daddy did actually but they enjoyed it!

We also went to a Colin Buchanan concert yesterday (Thurs). Isaac has a lot of his DVD's and a CD of his. He is a Christian singer who does stuff for kids. He has also been on play school and play house Disney. He is great. Isaac gets so shy though and doesn't want to look at him when we are close up...hehe


Isaac, Eliana, Liesl, Colin and I. (Liesl -my sister, Eliana - my niece)

Liesl, Eliana and Colin
Colin is SO funny. Here he is dressed as a pirate and singing "are you serving Captian Jesus?"

Hehe....restling with a crocodile. "Sin is like a great big crocodile"
He is doing something silly with gorilla gloves on. Now the two videos below.......one are the seals romping around on the beach which is quite good to watch and fascinating. The other is Isaac and Eliana singing at Colin Buchanan...enjoy!

Ooppp....I should have written all that here. The video with the seals is very enjoyable. I love watching them run around on the beach. I have never seen them do that until now!

Also the other video of Isaac and Eliana singing at the concert is cute. So enjoy them both!

Since last post I have also been to a wedding but will post photos next time. I am also supposed to be doing a couple of posts in which I have been tagged and I have not forgotten....I will do them....don't worry!!!!

Tomorrow I fly out to Brisbane which is interstate for a concert tomorrow night with my favourite Christian singer, David Phelps. I am hoping to meet him. I will have back stage passes because the support singer is a friend of ours and I am hanging out with them. I will be back on Sunday. I am SO excited so I will have pictures of that too!

Wow, hope I didn't bore you with my post!

Love Charisse

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charisse those photos on KI are GORGEOUS. You did a great job. They look very professional, especially all the water ones. Aren't our children gorgeous with their singing. Praising God at such a young age, it is precious. Enjoy David Phelps! I am looking forward to hearing your stories. Love you and have a good trip,
Liesl xoxox

Anonymous said...

Very good love. A nice collection from our trip and school holiday activities.

Love you,
Alan

Anonymous said...

Hi Charisse,
You've taken some great photos of KI and the seals are so ozzie.
As for the singing...the kids are so cute and as for our friend Colin. He's such a clot but both kids and adults love him.
Have a great trip to Brisbane and enjoy David Phelps for me too. I'd love to be there. He's got such a great voice.
Love you heaps, MumXXXXXX

Jennifer said...

Australia truly is very beautiful. I have wanted to visit there since I was a young teenager. It looks so rugged and exciting! Oh, and Hugh Jackman is from there, I have a secret crush on him, hehe!

Anonymous said...

This just goes to show you that I'm from the states...I had no idea Koala Bears could run. They always seemed so sloth-like. I even had to click on the picture to enlarge it cause I just couldn't imagine a Koala running. Strange. He's hauling it too. Probably afraid you're going to whack him with your car and turn him into Koala stew with some veggiemite :0) Yeah, didn't know what that was until Brooke brought it to camp this year. The things you learn!

Teresa said...

typing one handed...

i love all the photos! The video of Isaac singing was too cute:-) I would writ emore but violet is crying now (urgh!).

Love you!
teresa

Judy said...

I love your post, you sound so upbeat and happy, and that does my heart good. You are right, you live in a beautiful country, and I love the pictures. Take care of yourself and know that I think of you often. Love ya heaps.

jennifer said...

Charisse:

Shannon loved your seal video. She thinks they look adorable. Australia looks lovely.

Jennifer Gough

Anonymous said...

Charisse,
I loved all the photos and the vidoes!
It sounds like you had a wonderful time.
Thanks for sharing.
Best Wishes from Texas,
Nanette Foster (Dianna's Mom)
www.caringbridge.org/tx/dianna

JAMAMUM said...

hi charisse,
these photos are great! I have never seen a koala out of a gum tree.. and that pelican!!?? what a guts!!
Tell Isaac he did a great job on his first photo shoot.. that is one that should be framed!
You are right, Australia is a beautful place, and no matter how wonderful your photos, it is never done justice! We are very lucky to live as we do!
miss you, and love you heaps.
brooke

Siouxsie said...

Those are amazing photos! Such a stunning collection of beautiful and amazing things. Wow!! Hope your concert is awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Love the vacation documentation! Kristen and I aren't alone! even Brooke hadn't seen one running! That makes me feel better! HA! I, too, blew it up to take a closer look! Tell Issac he is a great photographer! My boys love taking photos too!

Blessins and Bear Hugs! I've missed you!

Anonymous said...

These verses contain the reason why we have the hope of life to come. Know that I'm here praying so hard!
Ephesians 1:17-20 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power, Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places...
Prayer Bears