Friday, August 29, 2008

I Need Sleep!

Hello All,

boy am I tired. I went to a haematology appointment today which was just routine and everything is fine. On the way there in the car, I felt like I was going to drop off to sleep. It was REALLY hard to stay awake. Then on the way home I had the same problem and had to stop off at the shops to wake a bit and I am STILL very sleepy. I had a bad night's sleep last night. I think I fell asleep at 4am. I had IVIG infusion one week ago and I have had massive headaches every day and every night. Last night's late night as really affected me.
We had prayer meeting last night and my sister and her husband came and we had chocolate fondu with fruit. I ate too much and think that may be another reason why I was awake. Hmmm........
It appears that I will not need to have anything else cut out of my head where the cancer was taken out. After another doctor looked at the slides, it has shown that there was more taken out after the initial cut and no cancer is in those cells. The right amount as been taken. We are still waiting for Brisbane to confirm this. High reoccurance is an issue with this cancer rather than spreading. Spreading can be a problem enough to have regular screening throughout the body but we are doing well. So I have my MRI for head and neck on the 10th September. I have infusion one week early on the 12th so that I can get to Fanconi Anaemia Australia camp the week after without an infusion reaction and all. I am looking forward to camp. It starts on the 19th and goes to the 22nd!
Isaac has had frequent, painful legs at night. Both of them and sometimes he is crying so loudly and is quite distressed. We all suspect growing pains but the doctor wants to do an x-ray of both legs to rule out any nasties.
Also, Isaac has HUGE tonsils I am told...and yes, I can see that they are huge. They may be causing him to have sleep apnoea and may need to come out. We have to record his breathing while he is sleeping.

My sister is going on 13 weeks pregnant! I am allowed to tell now. Isaac was worried that his current cousin, Eliana, was gone because they are having another baby but we reassured him to say she was still around and he is much relieved. He would really like a sister himself. He is so sweet. Congratulations to my sister! I am going to be another Aunty!

Well, nothing else to report. I am going to close my eyes.
Love Charisse

7 comments:

Siouxsie said...

I'm glad to hear the positive news about the cancer removal on your head. We'll be praying for it to stay gone. Hopefully you'll get to feeling a little more awake and headache-free soon, too.
Poor Isaac! How hard that must be for him to be feeling so yucky. We'll keep our fingers crossed for that to go away quickly.
And CONGRATS on becoming an auntie again. I sure love adding to my niece/nephew collection and am always glad to see someone else getting to do the same.
Lots of love from Texas.

Anonymous said...

Glad you don't have to have any more removed on your head.
Whatever the trial, look to the Lord. Praying!
Habakkuk 3:17-19 Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls: Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation. The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places...
Prayer Bears

Lynn said...

Continuing to pray!
Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Prayer Bears

Anonymous said...

It's Sunday and once again we read an amazing passage at church. Going to share the first few verses because they really hit home. Praying right now!
Psalms 86:1-7 Bow down thine ear, O LORD, hear me: for I am poor and needy. Preserve my soul; for I am holy: O thou my God, save thy servant that trusteth in thee. Be merciful unto me, O Lord: for I cry unto thee daily. Rejoice the soul of thy servant: for unto thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul. For thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon thee. Give ear, O LORD, unto my prayer; and attend to the voice of my supplications. In the day of my trouble I will call upon thee: for thou wilt answer me.
Prayer Bears

Anonymous said...

Hi Charisse,
So good that the doc had the sense to take the cancer, and then to take a bit more separately so that they were able to test it separately. It's encouraging news.

We pray that it won't re-occur, and that the headaches would stop.
Love you heaps, Mum

Lynn said...

Praying here in Seattle!
Psalms 86:8-11 Among the gods there is none like unto thee, O Lord; neither are there any works like unto thy works. All nations whom thou hast made shall come and worship before thee, O Lord; and shall glorify thy name. For thou art great, and doest wondrous things: thou art God alone. Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name.
Prayer Bears

Teresa said...

That is great about your cancer and that it appears to all be removed properly! I don't know how you stand the regular infusions and your reactions to it (not that you have a choice!). I hope Isaac is feeling better. Is he? I already knew about your sister, but CONGRATULATIONS to all of you! :-)

Love,
Teresa