Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Pathology results and recovering

Hi All,

well it has been a rough week. I have been so swollen and in extreme pain. I have upped my pain relief with the surgeon's knowledge and it has helped greatly but I can't walk around or sit. I have to be laid back in a chair, or lying down otherwise the pressure and pain are just too much.

Tomorrow I will see my gynae to check the site. She is worried that there could be some wound break down because of how bad the swelling it. I have had a little blood loss but it is only a tiny bit. Some could be left over from my period anyway.

I got some path results. They have removed all the pre-cancerous cells......in fact, what they took out showed no pre-cancerous cells or cancer. SO now there is most definitely a clear margin. They took 4 biopsies and one or two of them showed viral changes. We are looking into this at the moment.

I also got the results back from my head biopsy a few weeks ago which I forgot about. That too was a pre-cancerous lesion type thing on my head and it is my understanding that they cut it all out with the biopsy. SO......that was on the other side from the head cancer I had last year. Luckily I was being cautious hey! I wear a hat all the time now. Even in winter, I wear the beanies when outside. I never used to be stupid in the sun but I suppose there may have been times when I didn't wear a hat. With FA, I am discovering that you just can't take any chances. I have worn hats as long as I can remember so may be it was when I was younger. It scares me though!

Ok, I have to endure a shower....ouch! I have a haem/oncol appointment this afternoon.

Love Charisse

4 comments:

Teresa said...

I'm so sorry that you've been dealing with soooo much pain! I'm glad you're on more pain meds to help control it better. Would relaxing in a warm tub help? I hope you heal quickly. It really sounds sooo painful!

Glad they were able to get clear margins. What does it mean that some were viral (sorry if I didn't say that right)?

Emma wears hats a lot, but we might need to have her wear them more. I hadn't thought about protecting the skin on her scalp...just on the rest of her.

Feel better!

Love you,
Teresa

Mary Ann Gormley said...

So sad to hear about the pain that you've been going through but am happy about the results of your bone marrow test and the biopsies taken from your recent surgery and the brain....you must be ery relieved.
Thanking God for the good news about you and continuint to pray.
Love, Mary Ann

Anonymous said...

We love clear margins!

Amy, Brian, and Delia

Katie W said...

It's crazy about how much you have have to think about things most people don't think about. Did that just make sense? I would never think about wearing a hat all of the time, but you have to. So many little worries and concerns.

I'm soooo sorry you've been so sore and in so much pain. I just can't imagine! I'm glad you were able to up the meds. At least there's good news along with it.

Love ya,
Katie