Monday, November 3, 2008

Isaac's 6th Birthday - Part One

Hello All,
well Isaac's 6th birthday party was a big success! He turns 6 on the 8th of November but because he has a couple of friends whose birthdays are the same day and the day after, we decided to do his party one week early. We have never done a party like this before so it was our first time! The theme was a "Captain's Party" like Captain Cook who sailed the many seas and discovered Australia......a brief history lesson.......that type of captian. We had many fun things. The kids were supposed to come dressed as a crew member or officer. There were some good outfits and it was exciting. I think the two Isaacs had GREAT costumes........here is our Isaac below in his Captain's outfit. We bought it from Spotlight in case anyone was wondering :-) Here he is saying, "I want YOU" which was on his invitation........cute Here is Isaac's Birthday Cake. We got the receipe off of a website that was on Teresa Clifton's blog and she got it off her sister, Becca who made this pirate cake for their son I understand. It was cute and because our theme was not a pirate theme we made it look like a normal sailing ship. Both Alan and I did the cake together. Yes, Brooke, it was as yummy as what it looks! Ha!

Isaac opening presents! He was very excited. I got some pictures of him with each child but need to check with their mums if I can post those photos!

Cathy is a dear friend. We have been friends for a long time. She is aware I am posting and was cool with it :-) In this photo is her son, Isaac. I attended the birth of Isaac and so he is like my "baby" as well. He is 7 but not a full year older than our Isaac. We are all very good friends. I thought his outfit was great....so this is my Isaac and her Isaac....the two Isaacs! Ha!


Hmmmm........my pictures are out of order. We actually did the cake at the end of the party....hey it is late and I am not concentrating as well. Here Isaac is blowing out his candles which was tough since they were sticking out of the cannons on the sides!


See...our of order. Isaac looking proud and yet modest while we sing "Happy Birthday" to him. He is so sweet.....


Ok, this was our first activity......the treasure hunt. Each child had a treasure bag and we had hidden treasure throughout our back yard. Alan is instructing them on the treasure hunt.

Looking for hidden treasure!!!! There were all sorts of things!

Isaac putting things in his treasure bag!



What has everyone found? Making sure that everyone had an equal amount of stuff! Want to be fair!


Other Isaac in his outfit!


refreshments!
Out of order!!!!!! The pinata - a treasure box! We did this just before singing "Happy Birthday". There were so many chocolcates and lollies in there. Isaac having a swing! Everyone got a go and some kids were so agressive! Ha!!!! It's a wonder no one got knocked over!


Still having a go!

The chocolate game. An old favourite. They had to roll a 3 or a 6 and then could pick up one piece of chocolate, either eat it or put it in their special cup for later!!!

Ah yes, here are the fleet of ships! Alan made every one of these ships from scratch! He spent a LOT of time on them and even painted them! There were 8 boys and 8 ships. This was Isaac's fleet that he was in charge of. We walked down to the local park where we were going to play some games with our ships.....it was so funny. They looked hilarious walking down the street in these ships. Neighbours came out and watched. Someone called to their family in the house, "come look at this....a parade!"....something like that....hehe



Walking down the street to the park!


Walking to the park



Walking down the street....hehe

Saluting on the way..hehe


Having a brief play on the play equipment....don't fall anyone! Hehe



Isaac in his boat waiting for the games to begin.


All lined up for the egg race.


So we had an egg race. They had to carry an egg in their crow's nest that Alan made at the top of their mast. They had to race down the grass, around a tree, and back to their spot without the egg popping out. It was really funny watching the kids do this. I have video footage but need to check with the parents about posting it....so hopefully next post I can have that here for you....hehe

Getting ready to race. Hehe.....here are the eggs in the crow's nests! Haha! One or two children had really cracked eggs in the end! Haha!


The fleet of boats at the park.


So yes, it was lots of fun and the egg races were hilarious! I will check with the mums about posting the video and some other photos that are more close up of some children with Isaac. Otherwise, Isaac was exhausted and all the kids were happy and excited. I got a thrill seeing them all enjoy themselves so much. Thank you to everyone who came!!!!!!
So stay tuned for the second edition of Isaac's birthday party adventures and thanks for checking in!!!
Love Charisse

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful job on the birthday party! Hats off to you! Reminded me of Nicholas' last year! It was fun!

Anonymous said...

Well all I can say is...I had to have a BIG rest that night! It was the BEST party Isaac kept saying that was the best party I have been to ever!!! Those boats will go down in Troup/Howard Jones History

Despite aching legs and a bit of sunburn I LOVED being with you guys....

Luv you all, Al you crack me up....I am so glad I saw the stairs it made the day complete really.

Always yours...Cathy

PS Thanks for giving me time with Isaac alone too, that was a blessing for me I do not get that time alone much..love Cath

Judy said...

What a great time you must have had. It looks like a great time was had by all. Thanks for sharing, I love hearing about your fun times. Hope you continue to feel well!

Katie W said...

That party looks like so much fun! The costumes, the games, the friends, and the fun. I'm sure Isaac will remember it forever. The cake looks amazing--amazing delicious and just beautifully decorated! Good job!

Hannah said...

Wow, looks like an awesome party! Those were some amazing boats! Happy Birthday to Isaac.

Rebecca Rose said...

Wow, Charisse, you guys know how to throw a party! That looks like a lot of fun! Very interesting games/activities you had!! I love Isaac's costumes, very cute. And great job with the cake!!

Anonymous said...

Great job Charisse, I hope Aliia's upcoming Birthday is as much fun. Tell Alan I loved the fleet of ships!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michellle and Alicia

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ISAAC! Wow what a special day you've had!
Know that I'm always here praying!
Psalms 116:6-9 The LORD preserveth the simple: I was brought low, and he helped me. Return unto thy rest, O my soul; for the LORD hath dealt bountifully with thee. For thou hast delivered my soul from death, mine eyes from tears, and my feet from falling. I will walk before the LORD in the land of the living.
Prayer Bears

Anonymous said...

Wow! Great party guys, looks like everyone had a great time.
See you all on Friday night for more birthday celebrations:)
Love Angelaxoxo

Anonymous said...

Hey, That looked like a great party. Would of loved to see the kids walking down the street in their boats.
See you friday night.
Love Dazza xxx

Siouxsie said...

That is crazy adorable. What an awesome party & what a sweet, darling boy you have. Happy Birthday, Isaac!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!!! Today's the day!!! It's Benjamin's birthday today, too. I loved reading about your party and seeing the wonderful pictures. Your mum and dad are sooo creative and ambitious! I love the cake and the boats and the egg race. Wow! What fun. Do you still have your ship? It's probably a bit big to keep in your room but I can imagine you having it in your yard and playing with it outside.

Benjamin's having a knight's themed party today with his friend and he and I made a castle cake. I'll try to put some pictures of it on my blog later. But I'm not as quick as your mum at posting, so it might take a little while.

I'm glad you had such a wonderful day. Benjamin is so excited this morning and thought it was neat that this is your birthday, too. Do you remember visiting us at our farm? Benjamin remembers you, but you were much younger then, so I don't know if you remember. Maybe we'll get to see you again some day. That would be fun!

Happy day!
love,
rachel

Lynn said...

We have the same Angel, preparing our way Home. Praying!!!!!!!!!!
Exodus 23:20 Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared.
Prayer Bears

Lynn said...

Know that I'm here praying as always!
Psalms 28:1-2 Unto thee will I cry, O LORD my rock; be not silent to me: lest, if thou be silent to me, I become like them that go down into the pit. Hear the voice of my supplications, when I cry unto thee, when I lift up my hands toward thy holy oracle.
Prayer Bears

The Chicken Farmer's Wife----------------- said...

All I can say is I want YOU to plan and have my kids next parties! I found your blog from a post you left on a friend of mine's caring bridge journal entry. His name was Matthew,, and he went to my church. I also LOVE the frogs climbing up the side of your wall!! Great website!! Jerri in KY

Anonymous said...

Continuing to pray!!!!!!!!
Psalms 57:1 Be merciful unto me, O God, be merciful unto me: for my soul trusteth in thee: yea, in the shadow of thy wings will I make my refuge, until these calamities be overpast.
Prayer Bears