Monday, August 27, 2007

Still In hospital...plodding long

Hello All, Sorry for the late update.

I was supposed to come home on Saturday but the pneumonia flared up. I changed from IV antibiotics to oral at the end of last week, but started to get worse again over the weekend, so they now have me back on a new course of IV antibiotics.

Unfortunately, this means my holiday is cancelled this week, and means i'll be in hospital for the rest of this week with the option to have home-nursing with a PICC line rather than stay in hospital the whole time.

I'm still a little jaundice (yellow eyes), and ankles are swallen (maybe due to my liver being affected, plus all the fluids i've been given). I'm having a liver ultrasound tomorrow, and have given a urin sample to check the status of my kidneys.

i have not enjoyed my week--there's been things which have made me anxious, and i miss Isaac so much.

Thanks to my mum, dad, liesl, tim, darren & angela who have looked after isaac and taken care of our cats while we've been in hospital.


I still feel very lethargic and my energy levels are quite low. My counts (CBC, LFT) have all been disturbed by the pneumonia--the CBC knocked out, and will take a little time to recover.

Until next time... i'll update again soon. (with alan transcribing)

Love charisse.
xx

5 comments:

Teresa said...

Sorry you are still in the hospital and that you weren't able to go home this weekend! It must be so hard to be away from Isaac for so long. Thank goodness you have such great support and so many people helping out, though I know you wish none of this was happening and you could go home.

Hang in there and hopefully soon you will be home and your counts will recover asap and you'll have energy and health back.

Love,
Teresa

Siouxsie said...

I'm sorry to hear this experience isn't going so well. We'll keep praying that you get to feeling better and are able to get back home to your family soon!
Love,
Siouxsie

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that your stay in hospital has been extended. Know I am praying for you. Take care and keep your chin up and your faith up too. God will take care of you.
Love ya bunches,
Judy

Anonymous said...

My you sound miserable! Praying so that you'll feel better soon!

The title of one of my all time favorite hymns is "I'm But a Stranger Here, Heaven is My Home." Oh how true! Know that I'm here praying!
Romans 8:17-18 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

Charisse said...

thanks so much for your encouragement and love, guys.
Charisse